2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point of taking a transfer when I can just take a kid like Jones? Thats 3-5 years plus elite speed. Why would I choose a guy that might touch the ball 10 times a game for a year compared to Jones.
Taking a sure thing > HS kid. No knock on Parrish but if we go the portal route at rb this year it’ll be quite the upgrade.

Advertisement
Taking a sure thing > HS kid. No knock on Parrish but if we go the portal route at rb this year it’ll be quite the upgrade.
The portal has changed a lot too where in the past you essentially were getting one year rentals

We see how many kids flake out immediately so having a year or two of assurance is a huge deal

And remember when some of us (you and I included) tried to tell people Parrish would be the best back on the team and we got hee-hee'd and hoo-hoo'd from the Einsteins?

I'm not in the receipt pulling mood today, I'm in the stack chips mood. We need 2 backs in this class, minimum. Fletcher would be a great start on 1 of those, but I'll say it for the 400th time, whiffing on him, Baxter, and CJ Jr. would be completely unacceptable UNLESS there was a really big fish who we're able to sign out of left field AND we get a productive player out of the portal. But there needs to be at least 2 high-ceiling backs on this roster in the spring that are not on it today. Get it done.
Yea sir we did . I actually posted he‘d likely lead in touches and snaps.

I’ve seen Fletcher play against some out of state top 10 teams and I just can’t imagine another RB that brings a total elite package .
It would be a drop the Microphone moment saying NO WAY IMPOSSIBLE.what I’m seeing if Baxter show’s that.

Question: are we in the game for Baxter?
I think so...going to see him play Friday night...

Advertisement
Today i‘d say yes to this
Does this mean we’re not interested in Chris Johnson if we can get Fletcher or Baxter?

To @DMoney’s point on the podcast that speed meshes well with the running power running QBs, Chris would fit well at RB if Jacurri is playing QB.

Does this mean we’re not interested in Chris Johnson if we can get Fletcher or Baxter?

To @DMoney’s point on the podcast that speed meshes well with the running power running QBs, Chris would fit well at RB if Jacurri is playing QB.
Baxter is a better All around RB than Johnson

Baxter is a better All around RB than Johnson
That’s what I’ve seen in this thread. Baxter is committed to Texas and people don’t seem that optimistic about him coming here so I’m wondering about backup plans

I think Kyron Jones is the fallback option for Johnson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back