2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t keep taking transfers everywhere plus I doubt Knighton leaves. If he was planning on leaving he probably would’ve packed it in like 22.
Knighton, Parrish, Citizen, Chaney, high school rb, portal rb?

Advertisement
Next season we will lose Stanley. High probability we lose Thad. And seems likely 1 of Knighton/Chaney also transfers out.

Picking up 2 RBs would give us fewer RBs next year than this year. Honestly may need to take 2 freshmen + 1 transfer if we lose 3 guys.

ParrishChaney
CitizenCitizen
ChaneyParish
KnightonTransfer RB
FranklinFreshmen RB
Stanley

I could also see Seven McGee being a WR that can fill in as a scat back that can take some carries if we get hit with bad luck again.
Fixed

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what are the chances of us taking 3 RBs lol (Johnson, Baxter, and Fletcher). I mean I think it's entirely reasonable that only Citizen and Parish return.
RB is a position where I don't really ever want us taking a portal dude. I'd rather get HS guys tbh. I mean every once in a while if fine, but not really necessary.

That entire room needs to change. We need difference-making, program-changing bell-cow RBs to pound the rock and strike fear in opposing defenses.

The goal should be to elevate the room from weakness to strength and identity of this football team.

I think OSU is going to make a huge run at Owens. Louisville has done better then expected but they are likely still looking at 7-6 if they win a bowl.

They are going to have a tough go of it the next 2-3 months is my guess now that teams are getting more aggressive.

Advertisement
That entire room needs to change. We need difference-making, program-changing bell-cow RBs to pound the rock and strike fear in opposing defenses.

The goal should be to elevate the room from weakness to strength and identity of this football team.
🎯 on great point, game changers , Fletcher is a Alonzo Highsmith type power back that has a top end gear if he’s even he’s leaving.

Oh his back up is a thin hair below Fletcher 5 star quality.

If Fletcher is a 5*....then Baxter is a 7*
I’ve seen Fletcher play against some out of state top 10 teams and I just can’t imagine another RB that brings a total elite package .
It would be a drop the Microphone moment saying NO WAY IMPOSSIBLE.what I’m seeing if Baxter show’s that.

Question: are we in the game for Baxter?

Advertisement
I think they have a chance with everyone on their priority list. December will be wild and Mario is an elite closer. Baxter is high on the priority list.
You gotta think this is Mario's favorite time of year. Some solid turkey on thanksgiving, crootin to ESD, and then Xmas baby. Hopefully Christmas comes a couple days early.

Why not ? If you’re upgrading it shouldn’t be a problem.
What’s the point of taking a transfer when I can just take a kid like Jones? Thats 3-5 years plus elite speed. Why would I choose a guy that might touch the ball 10 times a game for a year compared to Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back