2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
UF 247 writer:

The Gators have been quietly working on the Ohio State commitment. He was in town this past weekend to see UF's win over South Carolina. Miami is another school that has been working on Fletcher in hopes of prying him away from his commitment to the Buckeyes. We hear the Gators are still a factor in this recruitment, and if you've been on Twitter, some of the commits in UF's class have been chirping about Fletcher. It can't hurt either that Fletcher saw the Gators running back room explode in their win over South Carolina this past weekend. Fletcher is expected to be at Ohio State for their game against Michigan, so the Buckeyes won't give up without a fight. Florida seems like they are getting some footing in this recruitment, but will need to keep working on him.

UF 247 writer:

The Gators have been quietly working on the Ohio State commitment. He was in town this past weekend to see UF's win over South Carolina. Miami is another school that has been working on Fletcher in hopes of prying him away from his commitment to the Buckeyes. We hear the Gators are still a factor in this recruitment, and if you've been on Twitter, some of the commits in UF's class have been chirping about Fletcher. It can't hurt either that Fletcher saw the Gators running back room explode in their win over South Carolina this past weekend. Fletcher is expected to be at Ohio State for their game against Michigan, so the Buckeyes won't give up without a fight. Florida seems like they are getting some footing in this recruitment, but will need to keep working on him.
I think this is a good thing. It means he’s wavering from Ohio state. If he doesn’t go to Ohio state I like our chances.

Advertisement
Advertisement

"They (UF) actually have been recruiting me heavy," "I just wanted to get up there and see what they were about and everything. It was a good game."

Fletcher enjoyed not only getting to tour UF's new football facility, but also watching Billy Napier's offense rack up 374 rushing yards in a 38-6 beatdown of South Carolina.

"It's great how they rotate the running backs. They keep them fresh and that's good to see as a running back," "I loved the [weight room], too. I visited last year and they didn't have any of that. So, it was good to see them building some new stuff."

Fletcher claims that nothing has changed with the Buckeyes, but he hasn't exactly ruled out returning to Gainesville for an official visit at some point down the line. It also sounds like the Hurricanes could get an official visit from him before Signing Day.

"They (MIAMI) just want me there,". "They say that they need me to be a 'Cane and that I need to stay home. They want to pound the rock. Coach Cristobal keeps saying that. He keeps sending me videos of him getting those boys ready."

"I'm still locked in with Ohio State, but I just been having some conversations with me people and they just want me to make sure that I'm making the right decision because this is the first real decision that I'm having to make on my own," "It's really the first big decision of my life. Like I said, I'm locked in with Ohio State, but I just want to make sure I'm going through the process the right way."

While Fletcher has no other visits scheduled, he has said in the past he hoped to get to Columbus over Thanksgiving weekend.

O$U about to move on. Kid sounds like he is looking for somewhere else besides going up north to play football

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back