2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this before and I will say it again. What is the fascination with Texas A&M?

A&M is like JD Drew
It’s perfect.

Dwyane Wade What GIF by Bleacher Report

Advertisement
If you want to go all the way back to the last time UM won a natty (2001), I'd argue that TAMU was less relevant over most of that time than Texas (big dog in the state so always has name recognition), Texas Tech (Leach football was interesting to watch), and even Baylor. TAMU flashed for a couple of years when Manziel was QB but (hard to believe that was around a decade ago!)

I am not aware of a well known fan culture around TAMU so maybe you or someone else can describe it. IMO, TAMU is currently a household name for one thing and one thing only- having oil money and buying recruits (which Saban famously and hypocritically called them out on). I don't think recruits are that impressed with Jimbo's championship at FSU , especially since it is also well known that his last couple of years were a dumpster fire. If anything, Jimbos tenure has been surprisingly mediocre, especially given the fact that TAMU is the highest revenue program in the country. 9-4, 8-5, 9-1, 8-4 might impress recruits if TAMU was a small private school taking on the big dogs of the SEC, but I don't think high schoolers are interested in TAMU because it is a scrappy giant killer.
It’s main fan base is Houston.

And Houston is MASSIVE.

There’s TAMU stuff everywhere, I live here and see it a few times a day.

If you want to go all the way back to the last time UM won a natty (2001), I'd argue that TAMU was less relevant over most of that time than Texas (big dog in the state so always has name recognition), Texas Tech (Leach football was interesting to watch), and even Baylor. TAMU flashed for a couple of years when Manziel was QB but (hard to believe that was around a decade ago!)

I am not aware of a well known fan culture around TAMU so maybe you or someone else can describe it. IMO, TAMU is currently a household name for one thing and one thing only- having oil money and buying recruits (which Saban famously and hypocritically called them out on). I don't think recruits are that impressed with Jimbo's championship at FSU , especially since it is also well known that his last couple of years were a dumpster fire. If anything, Jimbos tenure has been surprisingly mediocre, especially given the fact that TAMU is the highest revenue program in the country. 9-4, 8-5, 9-1, 8-4 might impress recruits if TAMU was a small private school taking on the big dogs of the SEC, but I don't think high schoolers are interested in TAMU because it is a scrappy giant killer.

There is a lot of truth to this.

There are a lot of large state schools that pour money into football, have large, rabid fan bases, towns that literally revolve around the team and games, luxurious facilities, etc. The main thing separating these programs is hiring the right coach.

Miami is different. There are pros and cons to this. People don’t want to see why players are attracted to other programs and why they can get guys regardless of championships, wins, systems, or nfl preparedness.

They don’t understand that because we don’t have many of the advantages state schools have, we can’t bullshyt around losing games and not getting guys drafted high. It will have us coming up short when players compare schools.

Getting Mario and the investment has balanced the scales between us and other top programs. Wins and development will tip them in our favor. Get this town excited about college football again and the sky is the limit.

Advertisement

It's the money they're dumping into thay program.

If they can sustain that level of recruiting, they'll be playing for a NC in the next 2 years.

Kids take note of who is winning, producing at the next level, and when you have a monster class like A&M last year they'll see that too.

You can bet on the trail they're selling that big Bama win as well.

Miami hasn’t had a WR perform in the NFL since Allen Hurns, who was a UDFA.

Our last 1st rounder was Dorsett, who you could call a borderline bust.

Hank played some in the league, but achieved less than those two.

Miami is light years removed from the run of Wayne to Moss to Johnson and so on. I do not blame local WR for going to a place that churns out 1st rounders who fare well in the league.
Y’all livin in the past. Wake up. It’s a new day.

I’m also drunk, so there’s that too.

I don’t know what examples you’re pulling from for your caveat, but the state of Miami WR recruiting is already decent to good. The missing piece is the elite level WRs, Innis, ****ey, etc. That’s what needs to be rectified, but I dont recall many other schools suddenly pulling elite tier WRs after one offseason without a play being shown. Could be wrong though.
This I agree with 100%

It's the money they're dumping into thay program.

If they can sustain that level of recruiting, they'll be playing for a NC in the next 2 years.

Kids take note of who is winning, producing at the next level, and when you have a monster class like A&M last year they'll see that too.

You can bet on the trail they're selling that big Bama win as well.
Meh, 8 & 4 can supplant Bama when Saban retires, but they can’t beat Miami at its best. Wake up younglings. Miami has the most potential of any CF team along with USC, Texas, Bama, and OSU/Michigan.

Advertisement
Alphas never settle for one.

Look Tea GIF by Trey Songz
It's based on quality & quantity. Not whether you've paid for it or not. Keeping this in mind, its easy to understand how those with a bigger bank account will end up being with a higher quantity of quality women.

The avg male in America makes less than 60k. Do you think that person can afford to pay a mid tier service provider regularly, let alone one that only deals with high net worth clients? It would **** near cost their entire week's check if they tried.

Any Rb watching this offense has no excuse not to come here unless they think gattis is gone after year 1. We are creative and will run the ball. This offense is a RB dream

Any Rb watching this offense has no excuse not to come here unless they think gattis is gone after year 1. We are creative and will run the ball. This offense is a RB dream
Agree but how do wr recruits see it.Hopefully Garcia opens it up in the 2nd half and gets the rest of the wrs not named Restrepo some action.

Advertisement
Agree but how do wr recruits see it.Hopefully Garcia opens it up in the 2nd half and gets the rest of the wrs not named Restrepo some action.

No reason to throw this game. WR’s got touches. Offense was balanced. I don’t see why a WR would be concerned about coming here but I guess it depends on what their other options are. Miami won’t be going 4 and 5 wide all game like some schools do.

Advertisement
It's based on quality & quantity. Not whether you've paid for it or not. Keeping this in mind, its easy to understand how those with a bigger bank account will end up being with a higher quantity of quality women.

The avg male in America makes less than 60k. Do you think that person can afford to pay a mid tier service provider regularly, let alone one that only deals with high net worth clients? It would **** near cost their entire week's check if they tried.
What's the going weekly rate on some of these so called 5 star hookers then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back