2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the past have to do with the future for these kids? SH IT changes, especially at the northern schools. Their last title was almost ten years ago. They have 2 in the last 50 years. They aren’t going to stay at the top forever. These kids have the power to change the trajectory of a program. Why keep propping up OSU?
Whether we like it or not OSU is one of the winningest programs EVER but, above all, they put players in the league constantly.

Kids nowadays want two things: WIN and go to the NFL. Again, what has Miami done regarding WINS and the development of NFL talent lately? Zero.

This is going to change with MC, I'm sure about that, but the road is long.

All those "come and change the trajectory of the program, you are the solution" are a bunch of Manny Diaz's type of BS, I bet Mario won't have that type of attitude.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whether we like it or not OSU is one of the winningest programs EVER but, above all, they put players in the league constantly.

Kids nowadays want two things: WIN and go to the NFL. Again, what has Miami done regarding WINS and the development of NFL talent lately? Zero.

This is going to change with MC, I'm sure about that, but the road is long.
My point was that players can win a National Title at Miami, be a high draft pick, and get coached by an elite staff. Saying that you can only do that OSU is wrong. They will have down years. All programs have them. They have been great the last 20. We now have all the resources needed except for the players. That’s all we need and it is already getting better. Soon enough, Miami will be THE school to attend that gets you to the NFL. No reason for these recruits to think that they can’t be the start of something great. Sell the future, not the past.

OSU reminds me of FSU back in the day, 2nd to 5th place every year.

Last edited:
My point was that players can win a National Title at Miami, be a high draft pick, and get coached by an elite staff. Saying that you can only do that OSU is wrong. They will have down years. All programs have them. They have been great the last 20. We now have all the resources needed except for the players. That’s all we need and it is already getting better. Soon enough, Miami will be THE school to attend that gets you to the NFL. No reason for these recruits to think that they can’t be the start of something great. Sell the future, not the past.

OSU reminds me of FSU back in the day, 2nd to 5th place every year.
Ok, that's fair and I think Miami has to do precisely that but it takes time and we can't expect that every elite SFLA kid will buy in our future.

As for OSU, I don't think they will have a down year anytime soon unless Day bolts for the NFL and they completely botch the next hire (which will be hard, but not impossible).

PACKERS???? Brett Favre won one in that era. I think you meant to say NYG and Washington Redskins. Those skins won 3 and the G-men won 2 in that time frame. Green Bay was trash for 10 years before Favre got there.

Yes Packers. I was talking about the END of that era. The Broncos were the underdog and stopped Green Bay from getting two.

Washington and New York’s runs were long over by the time the Broncos won. SF, GB, and Dallas were the dominant teams in the league when the Broncos rose up and won their consecutive titles.

Advertisement
The Baxter thread is locked, so didnt know where else to put this but Baxter is visiting UF this weekend and his dad said they will visit Miami too, just not sure for which game yet.
We should remake a Baxter thread and create a Damari Brown one because this one will become a 3 player thread.

The WR recruits don’t distrust Gattis specifically, they distrust UM as a football program overall. This narrative of singling out Gattis as this unproven roadblock to landing WR recruits is a setup for scapegoating him.

We’ll air it out when we have the personnel to do so. Why would a recruit expect us to do something with personnel they (themselves) feel is not on their level. U want to see a dynamic passing attack, then sign yo *** up. They all know we have the QB stable to get the ball wherever. Innis knows we can get him the ball. He knows Gattis can feature him. The other WR targets are entertaining offers from OCs and offenses that don’t “air it out”.

Mario is making the decision to leave extremely hard and will continue to do so.

Advertisement
The WR recruits don’t distrust Gattis specifically, they distrust UM as a football program overall. This narrative of singling out Gattis as this unproven roadblock to landing WR recruits is a setup for scapegoating him.

We’ll air it out when we have the personnel to do so. Why would a recruit expect us to do something with personnel they (themselves) feel is not on their level. U want to see a dynamic passing attack, then sign yo *** up. They all know we have the QB stable to get the ball wherever. Innis knows we can get him the ball. He knows Gattis can feature him. The other WR targets are entertaining offers from OCs and offenses that don’t “air it out”.

Mario is making the decision to leave extremely hard and will continue to do so.
Miami hasn’t had a WR perform in the NFL since Allen Hurns, who was a UDFA.

Our last 1st rounder was Dorsett, who you could call a borderline bust.

Hank played some in the league, but achieved less than those two.

Miami is light years removed from the run of Wayne to Moss to Johnson and so on. I do not blame local WR for going to a place that churns out 1st rounders who fare well in the league.

Miami is light years removed from the run of Wayne to Moss to Johnson and so on. I do not blame local WR for going to a place that churns out 1st rounders who fare well in the league.

We also haven't sniffed a championship in that entire time either.

So, stay home and most-likely don't develop into a pro while winning nothing, or bounce and have a good chance at becoming a high NFL pick while winning 10 games at a minimum and probably multiple conference championships/probable playoff appearances (oh, where I can showcase my talents even more to a bigger audience)

Hmm.

The Baxter thread is locked, so didnt know where else to put this but Baxter is visiting UF this weekend and his dad said they will visit Miami too, just not sure for which game yet.
0B12DEDE-468C-4B1C-9507-157DF4D509AD.gif

I completely agree with this, but with one caveat. A lot of other schools have tried to build something up with a new staff and there is never a need of proof of concept. Having said that, our offense needs to show up this year. Gattis has the WR track record from when he was at Bama, we just need to show the system he is going to implement and call here.

Advertisement

What you wrote and what I wrote are both true, they can exist together. I don’t and didn’t blame Innis for being attracted and committed to OSU, that decision makes sense. My point was that the narrative that Gattis is the sole roadblock, is false.

If Sark gets canned I hope to be in that 2nd spot.

What you wrote and what I wrote are both true, they can exist together. I don’t and didn’t blame Innis for being attracted and committed to OSU, that decision makes sense. My point was that the narrative that Gattis is the sole roadblock, is false.
My point was to agree with you and expound upon the reasons why.

Advertisement
I completely agree with this, but with one caveat. A lot of other schools have tried to build something up with a new staff and there is never a need of proof of concept. Having said that, our offense needs to show up this year. Gattis has the WR track record from when he was at Bama, we just need to show the system he is going to implement and call here.
I don’t know what examples you’re pulling from for your caveat, but the state of Miami WR recruiting is already decent to good. The missing piece is the elite level WRs, Innis, ****ey, etc. That’s what needs to be rectified, but I dont recall many other schools suddenly pulling elite tier WRs after one offseason without a play being shown. Could be wrong though.

I think some of us underestimate the fact that the kids we are recruiting now have never seen UM be dominant in their lifetimes. We kind of hand-wave away the last 20 years because we remember the 20 years before that. But to these kids, the 80s are basically prehistory. Edgerrin James' film might as well be in black & white for these kids.

I think some of us underestimate the fact that the kids we are recruiting now have never seen UM be dominant in their lifetimes. We kind of hand-wave away the last 20 years because we remember the 20 years before that. But to these kids, the 80s are basically prehistory. Edgerrin James' film might as well be in black & white for these kids.
True but they can’t see any film of a dominant ATM program, not even in a silent black and white version

so we got WRs who don't trust Gattis bc he ran the best rushing O in the country and uses TEs and now we possibly have RBs who want to see run game production from the best OL coach in the country and the guy who coordinated the top rush attack? ******* kids man
Kids just want us to win. We get hyped up everytime we get a new coach and then we **** the bed. Sure this time is probably different but we say that everytime and it becomes such an easy negative pitch for other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back