2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, and this is just my opinion, he’s a kid who wanna see the production first before making any type of move. And if that’s not it… then he just don’t wanna live in Miami no more.
so we got WRs who don't trust Gattis bc he ran the best rushing O in the country and uses TEs and now we possibly have RBs who want to see run game production from the best OL coach in the country and the guy who coordinated the top rush attack? ******* kids man

Advertisement
I get some kids wanna get away but somebody gotta have pride in they hometown it used to be an honor to play reciever at um now it’s like these.

Big dog receivers think we’re not good enough for them it’s weird because if your that guy the qb will get you the ball or atleast try look at Stefon diggs for example I know it’s not a perfect scenario but he’s a reason imo that rakim jarrett went to Maryland seeing he can make it from home.
I get what you’re saying but Diggs is a bad example. As someone stated, the kids are interested they just want to see what happens. Last year was the best season for a receiver in a couple of years and he transferred in. No one wants to be a sacrificial lamb or Guinea pig with their career. That’s what Diggs was. Yea he may inspire others to go to Maryland but he went 5th round because they literally did not have a QB. Maryland’s qbs kept getting hurt. One year a linebacker had to play QB.

We that being said, we can’t be entitled. Recruits are interested which is good but we have to remain patient if they legit want to see the offense all year long.

Mario never stops impressing: Fletcher and Innis bounce so we’re in the game for Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharp and Terrell Davis.

Strong work!
You think we have a chance with McCaffrey's son Christian? He'd be dealy in our backfield.

Mario about to break our years of bad luck with local guys who wait until after the season starts to commit to the home team? God let it be so!
When was the last time we flipped a kid who was committed to a top program?

Advertisement
In line for one I’d agree. Him wanting it or taking it is a whole nother story though.

I know him and his wife. They love that area and I don’t see them moving any time soon. He’s a great dude. I understand why guys want to play for him. Very authentic.

It wasn't solely because of Davis. Elway retired and the team plummeted. They simply had a loaded roster, half of their O-Line was in the Pro Bowl, Elway could still throw it and he had Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe.

That Broncos team was just a really good unit.

Those Super Bowls were big deals. The Broncos broke a streak of like 12 straight NFC wins. The 83 Raiders were the last AFC team to win before them.

They ended the era of 49ers, Cowboys, and Packers dominating the league. The Broncos were always talented, but they needed TD to get over the hump.

Inniss a 5 star committed to a top program with a top position coach and a track record of putting guys in the league. I think its fair for someone in his position to want to see the on field product of our new OC/WR coach. Until he does, there is no reason to be less than 100% committed to OSU publicly.

He apparently is still communicating with our staff, thats all you can ask for right now. Actions are more important than interview statements and it seems like he has kept things classy the whole time.

Advertisement
I get what you’re saying but Diggs is a bad example. As someone stated, the kids are interested they just want to see what happens. Last year was the best season for a receiver in a couple of years and he transferred in. No one wants to be a sacrificial lamb or Guinea pig with their career. That’s what Diggs was. Yea he may inspire others to go to Maryland but he went 5th round because they literally did not have a QB. Maryland’s qbs kept getting hurt. One year a linebacker had to play QB.

We that being said, we can’t be entitled. Recruits are interested which is good but we have to remain patient if they legit want to see the offense all year long.
We’re not entitled we’re giving these jitts something to be proud of and get there family’s fed. I used diggs because he could’ve went anywhere but chose to give the hometown team a chance he was as sure fire as innis he definitely had no qb but he still made plays which was my point.

I know we have qbs and we have a coach who’s building a legit roster why not put on for your city and change our room if your who you think you are. You can do it to here even Mario knows when he has a true #1 he’ll get him the ball look at burks at Arkansas imo that’s similar to our situation with having a offensive line head coach with questions on play calling but he made an exception for a true #1. I’m sick of these kids excuses like we don’t deserve the big dogs.

We’re not entitled we’re giving these jitts something to be proud of and get there family’s fed. I used diggs because he could’ve went anywhere but chose to give the hometown team a chance he was as sure fire as innis he definitely had no qb but he still made plays which was my point.

I know we have qbs and we have a coach who’s building a legit roster why not put on for your city and change our room if your who you think you are. You can do it to here even Mario knows when he has a true #1 he’ll get him the ball look at burks at Arkansas imo that’s similar to our situation with having a offensive line head coach with questions on play calling but he made an exception for a true #1. I’m sick of these kids excuses like we don’t deserve the big dogs.

Nobody deserves anything.

Still, what's the general perception of Miami prior to Mario and company amongst the kids coming up? I'm not talking about the parents who remember the good times, but their children.

With all the games on television, the internet bringing the world closer, it isn't like it was 29 years ago. Where you could see only so many games. ****, I doubt they're even watching many games.

Most of these kids were young as **** when any Florida school was good. The Big 3 have struggled, but we've struggled more. In fact we've struggled their entire life.

Kids now want to play for winners, get drafted, and their heroes even from the city, they see them by and large playing out of state somewhere. They hear from them, run into them, and get the low down.

We need to prove they can do it here. Put on for your city, it also used to be put on for your neighborhood, school, etc. Kids these days don't have that loyalty to their neighborhood or school. They go where the team is going to go, follow coaches, 7 on 7 teammates, etc.

Gotta show them. Make them believe. Some will come, but if those that do ball out, we'll have the next gen wanting to be like whomever here, not some out of state school. Kids always left down here, but none of the Big 3 are killing it local like we all used to. Be competitive, rise up, and keep selling results. Do that and they'll come.

We don't deserve a thing until we prove ourselves.

Diggs lost money though. Sure he made it up with the 2nd contract but he should not have went to Maryland imo. I believe it is being entitled. If a kid says he’s interested but he wants to wait and see the offense first there is nothing wrong with that. “Something to be proud of,” that’s just you being a fan. Because no matter how proud the kids are to be Canes, the fan base turns on them is they don’t live up to expectations. Most of the kids are making decisions to get their families fed. As of right now we don’t have a strong record developing WR’s. That’s where the hesitation comes from. However, they are listening at the moment so let’s earn their trust and produce. I would tell a kid to blindly commit to a school because I’m a fan.

Diggs lost money though. Sure he made it up with the 2nd contract but he should not have went to Maryland imo. I believe it is being entitled. If a kid says he’s interested but he wants to wait and see the offense first there is nothing wrong with that. “Something to be proud of,” that’s just you being a fan. Because no matter how proud the kids are to be Canes, the fan base turns on them is they don’t live up to expectations. Most of the kids are making decisions to get their families fed. As of right now we don’t have a strong record developing WR’s. That’s where the hesitation comes from. However, they are listening at the moment so let’s earn their trust and produce. I would tell a kid to blindly commit to a school because I’m a fan.
We turned on the kids or did the kids not perform?We blindly supported pope and Wiggins but they couldn’t do what was required we didn’t want them to drop those balls lol or not be physical.

Never do anything blindly look into the program and Mario’s prior teams and how he built a solid foundation now think of what you can do with a legit option at qb in Garcia for two years and then rashaada after or brown. I understand your sentiment but I also know everybody needs someone to believe in their vision Clemson needed sammy Watkins and deandre Hopkins bama needed julio and coop Lsu needed Odell somebody has to think they can be them and help start the pipeline. I think we can develop them and use them if they come we have the qb to do it we need dudes to make the plays that are there

Advertisement
Nobody deserves anything.

Still, what's the general perception of Miami prior to Mario and company amongst the kids coming up? I'm not talking about the parents who remember the good times, but their children.

With all the games on television, the internet bringing the world closer, it isn't like it was 29 years ago. Where you could see only so many games. ****, I doubt they're even watching many games.

Most of these kids were young as **** when any Florida school was good. The Big 3 have struggled, but we've struggled more. In fact we've struggled their entire life.

Kids now want to play for winners, get drafted, and their heroes even from the city, they see them by and large playing out of state somewhere. They hear from them, run into them, and get the low down.

We need to prove they can do it here. Put on for your city, it also used to be put on for your neighborhood, school, etc. Kids these days don't have that loyalty to their neighborhood or school. They go where the team is going to go, follow coaches, 7 on 7 teammates, etc.

Gotta show them. Make them believe. Some will come, but if those that do ball out, we'll have the next gen wanting to be like whomever here, not some out of state school. Kids always left down here, but none of the Big 3 are killing it local like we all used to. Be competitive, rise up, and keep selling results. Do that and they'll come.

We don't deserve a thing until we prove ourselves.
Your right we need to show more but I also believe these kids should see the plays are there it’s not on the coach if so and so can’t get open or if so and so drops the ball the plays are the plays if your that guy you know you would’ve made that play and showed out so come be the change.

I know him and his wife. They love that area and I don’t see them moving any time soon. He’s a great dude. I understand why guys want to play for him. Very authentic.
Loved him on the Phins. He does strike me as an authentic dude. Sucks that he has to be a Bucko 🤣

Maybe I didn't follow this chain correctly but are you arguing that ANYBODY (including Brady) but Manning is/was viewed as the best when it came to the mental aspect of QB play?

Cause that is 10x more laughable than saying Brady had more arm talent.
You are misreading.

Maybe you read my comment where I felt Archie Manning was overrated. He had some skills but wasn't a great NFL QB by any means.

I am saying is QB talent is more that throwing the ball. There are plenty of busts with the WOW factor when you watch them in drills or workouts. Come game time, they're awful. And yes, there have players who could make all the right reads and calls, but did not have a sufficient arm for the NFL. And of course, mental toughness. Some melt under the hot lights. Others excel under pressure.

Never wrote a word about Peyton Manning. He, and Tom Brady, are both all-time greats and lead the GOAT class of QBs for their era. I added 'for their era' because as the game evolved rules made it easier for QBs and WRs. Even Brady stated he wouldn't have been able to play this long when there were fewer (or any) rules protecting the QB.

The difference between Manning and Brady is accomplishments. Brady won 7 Super Bowls in 10 tries, Peyton 2 in 4 tries. Attributable as much to them as to rest of their teams and the teams they played for titles. Including each other's teams in the Indy-NE AFC rivalry.

Advertisement
Those Super Bowls were big deals. The Broncos broke a streak of like 12 straight NFC wins. The 83 Raiders were the last AFC team to win before them.

They ended the era of 49ers, Cowboys, and Packers dominating the league. The Broncos were always talented, but they needed TD to get over the hump.
PACKERS???? Brett Favre won one in that era. I think you meant to say NYG and Washington Redskins. Those skins won 3 and the G-men won 2 in that time frame. Green Bay was trash for 10 years before Favre got there.

It’s hard to argue against a WR going to OSU. Chance at a natty, coached by arguably the best WR coach in college, and their pros produce.

We have legit selling points in being the hometown, immediately playing time, and probably equivalent NIL - but selling OSU to a WR is the easiest job in America right now.

T-Rob’s job comes in 2nd 🙂
Why can’t Miami have those things? The only thing stopping us now are the recruits….

Maybe because Miami sucked for almost 20 years?
What does the past have to do with the future for these kids? SH IT changes, especially at the northern schools. Their last title was almost ten years ago. They have 2 in the last 50 years. They aren’t going to stay at the top forever. These kids have the power to change the trajectory of a program. Why keep propping up OSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back