2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two elite coaches that I simply see as lifers with their respective alma mater...

Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard and Ohio St WRs Coach Hartline

The two names I clamored for at DC were Charlie Strong and Jim Leonhard. At least we got 1
Yeah! I agree, there gonna be handed the job with much better success and longevity then freeman who was handed the job at notre lame!

Advertisement
The Heritage kids are pretty locked into OSU.

They have the decal on their AHS helmets.
I was a little surprised that the AH coaches allowed them to do that. Didn't notice if their other committed players had stickers of the schools they are committed to on their helmets too.

Advertisement
Naw! elway is generational, Super bowl×2 hall of fame, got a whole City to hate him(cleveland da drive)! And, im not an elway fan. Guess we would need to know the criteria for being generational?
To me, a generational QB would have to consistently elevated his team well above their grade throughout their career. Especially when the pressure is on, under the bright lights.

John Elway was generational, no question. Elite talent that took 3 rather average teams to the Super Bowl. Yes, they lost all three by wide margins but Washington, NYG, and the 49ers were far better teams. Later, adding more talent, namely Terrell Davis, put the Broncos over the top. Still, no Super Bowl without Elway.

Dan Marino didn’t get a ring but had rare skill as a passer. Broke records that had stood for nearly two decades, only to have them broken nearly two decades later. Don Shula has two legacies. His first was the 1970s three year run of SBs (2-1) and the undefeated season, and his second in the 1980s, failing to build a team around the best pure passer in NFL history.

Aaron Rogers? 4X MVP, he rules the regular season but his playoff record? Meh. You could say he is his generation’s Marino, and I wouldn’t argue, but still…. multiple playoff chokes….and the game is far more passing friendly than in Marino’s era. Almost a different game.

And yes, a player can be a HOF without being generational.

We probably need a different adjective.

Last edited:
To me, a generational QB would have to consistently elevated his team well above their grade throughout their career. Especially when the pressure is on, under the bright lights.

John Elway was generational, no question. Elite talent that took 3 rather average teams to the Super Bowl. Yes, they lost all three by wide margins but Washington, NYG, and the 49ers were far better teams. Later, adding more talent, namely Terrell Davis, put the Broncos over the top. Still, no Super Bowl without Elway.

Dan Marino didn’t get a ring but had rare skill as a passer. Broke records that had stood for nearly two decades, only to have them broken nearly two decades later. Don Shula has two legacies. His first was the 1970s three year run of SBs (2-1) and the undefeated season, and his second in the 1980s, failing to build a team around the best pure passer in NFL history.

Aaron Rogers? 4X MVP, he rules the regular season but his playoff record? Meh. You could say he is his generation’s Marino, and I wouldn’t argue, but still…. multiple playoff chokes….and the game is far more passing friendly than in Marino’s era. Almost a different game.

agreed. Also Jake Garcia.

Advertisement
Two elite coaches that I simply see as lifers with their respective alma mater...

Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard and Ohio St WRs Coach Hartline

The two names I clamored for at DC were Charlie Strong and Jim Leonhard. At least we got 1
No question. And you’re right! Hartline loves it there and makes a good check.

agreed. Also Jake Garcia.
Don’t forget Jaden Rashada too. Man, we are going to crush it with all these APEX players on our squad.

Seriously though, who really gives a fucc? This whole “generational” thing is so dumb. I think I’m going to troll and call multiple players generational if it keeps up.

Reactions: ben

Elway was very fortunate on the Byner fumble as he was walking into endzone....Kosar should have Won both games....wasn't Bernies fault.

Advertisement
Gattis simply has to air it out to the WRs. I've read that he's either a great OC or a few articles saying he's not good at all and wasn't responsible for the turnaround at UM last year (granted it was Michigan insiders and Zach Smith).

I'm definitely optimistic but I want to see it on the field and really see what this offense is like. If it's exciting, i expect to see the WR recruiting pick up big-time.

They can talk that bullshyt all they want, but that dude did MASTERFUL work at Michigan.

He picked Ohio State completely apart with a quarterback that can barely complete a pass beyond 10 yards. Dudes is saltier than pretzels.

If the receivers keep growing, we will look like 2018 Alabama. Receivers have no problem eating in this system if the quarterback can hit them and we have that.

It's no coincidence that Elway didn't get a ring until he had a Star RB. If I'm not mistaken Davis had over 2,000 yards the year they went to and won Johns first Super Bowl. Meanwhile Marino's best RB was a coke dealer on the side. :snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
It's no coincidence that Elway didn't get a ring until he had a Star RB. If I'm not mistaken Davis had over 2,000 yards the year they went to and won Johns first Super Bowl. Meanwhile Marino's best RB was a coke dealer on the side. :snoopfacepalm:
It wasn't solely because of Davis. Elway retired and the team plummeted. They simply had a loaded roster, half of their O-Line was in the Pro Bowl, Elway could still throw it and he had Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe.

That Broncos team was just a really good unit.

They can talk that bullshyt all they want, but that dude did MASTERFUL work at Michigan.

He picked Ohio State completely apart with a quarterback that can barely complete a pass beyond 10 yards. Dudes is saltier than pretzels.

If we can get a few brutal snow storms here, we can look like Michigan did against Ohio State too!

It wasn't solely because of Davis. Elway retired and the team plummeted. They simply had a loaded roster, half of their O-Line was in the Pro Bowl, Elway could still throw it and he had Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe.

It was really a great combination of Mike Shanahan’s offense, very good talent on the line and at skill spots and Elway finally realizing he didn’t have to force ridiculous throws into coverage. It’s wild that John Elway became a much better passer late in his career after arm surgeries and age made his once nuclear arm into something more on par with an average NFL quarterback. The first 2/3 of his career I thought he was incredibly overrated. He threw a ton of interceptions and was just kind of living off his reputation from “the drive”. When he got older he was so much better. More accurate, less turnovers. I’m sure having a better team around him played a big part but he was masterful late in his career.

The year before he won the Super Bowl when they didn't have Terrell Davis they were 8-8 I believe. I might be off by a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back