RB Harris talks career game, Pitt game prep

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
After RB DeeJay Dallas went down vs. Georgia Tech, #2 RB Cam’Ron Harris proved he could handle the full-time job, exploding for a career-high 136 rushing yards along with 3 catches for 31 yards and a TD.

“I’m just here to step up, was the next man up, am here to take care of what I’m supposed to do,” Harris said.

Dallas continues to be questionable heading into Pitt. Without Dallas at practice this week, it has been RB Robert Burns backing up Harris.

“Robert has been ready since Day 1, since the Florida game - his number just wasn’t called,” Harris said. “Now it has been called, so he has to be stepping up. If I get tired, he has to go in and execute.”

Following the GT loss last weekend, Harris said he’s liked how the team has responded in practice this week.

“We came out here today and dominated every period,” Harris said.

After 5 straight home games, UM is hitting the road for a two-game stretch, beginning with this Saturday vs. Pitt. The Panthers have one of the best front sevens in the country, as Pitt is 7th in the nation in rushing defense surrendering just over 90 yards per game on the ground.

“That’s great we’re getting back on the road, going away from our families and playing against Pitt,” Harris said. “We’re going to come out here and execute and dominate… I believe all of us will play our heart out in the Pitt game.”

Along with Dallas, UM lost LB Michael Pinckney to injury in the GT game as well. Pinckney is doubtful for Pitt according to head coach Manny Diaz and WR Jeff Thomas continues to sit out with a suspension.

“We need everybody back, all our teammates to be with us, fight with us,” Harris said on Miami missing starters.

Advertisement
The one bright spot from the GTech game was Killa Cam ballin out.

When he gets on the outside, he puts his foot in the ground & goes.

He don't do a bunch of dancing around & jump cutting, he sees his lane & hits the jets, the kid has great acceleration in the open field.

I know our fans love to hate the local backs but Cam has some serious upside for the future if he's gets the opportunity.

Need Dallas back. Harris has poor vision and no moves. Reminds me of Travis Homer. Likes to hit the hole hard and fast. Great acceleration. Often runs into his O-line. Trucks defenders.

A guy like Harris with our O-line will get about 50-60 yards rushing against Pitt.

Advertisement
Pitt is going to stack the box and play man. Hoping we can hit them deep if the line can hold up.

Need Dallas back. Harris has poor vision and no moves. Reminds me of Travis Homer. Likes to hit the hole hard and fast. Great acceleration. Often runs into his O-line. Trucks defenders.

A guy like Harris with our O-line will get about 50-60 yards rushing against Pitt.
I sort of like a change of pace back like that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back