RB Derrick Green Leaving Michigan is UM a Option?

Advertisement
I dont know why [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION] downvotes anytime someone says anything in critique of Gus Edwards.

Gus is a endless bag of potential. You're in love with what he could be. He is not better than yearby or walton.

Hes soft!!

Advertisement
I dont know why [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION] downvotes anytime someone says anything in critique of Gus Edwards.

Gus is a endless bag of potential. You're in love with what he could be. He is not better than yearby or walton.

Hes soft!!

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/10/Aww-****-Naw-****-naw-****-no-no-no-way-will-smith-GIF.gif

Keep that trash away from my program...

Miami doesn't need him. We have the horses here and some more coming in about six months. I want them to get coached up with play calls that set up other play calls.

Thanks but no thanks to this guy.

Advertisement
Paranos would suggest we take an eggplant off the waiver wire or out of a high school in Jersey if there was more than 1 YouTube video available on it.

If Miami misses put out an adding a 3rd running back in the 2016 Class, could UM look at Green as a post spring transfers should Gus Edwards not be back to his pre-injury form.

Derrick Green had a rough career at Michigan most do to his own fault initially coming in out shape and severally over weight his freshman year and then never seem to regain his 5* form from high school. And then he was passed on the depth chart by other players. He is reportedly looking at UF but they have a log jam at running back, where as Miami could use another power back to supplement the return of Gus Edwards. Green has a red shirt year available if needed to preserve his 1 year of eligibility should he prove to not be ready after arriving at his school of choice this summer.

Derrick Green granted release by Michigan, will transfer – CollegeFootballTalk

Derrick Green granted release by Michigan, will transfer
By John Taylor Jan 15, 2016

After much speculation of late, the Michigan playing career of Derrick Green has come to an end.

A source with knowledge of the situation has confirmed to CFT that Green received a release from his UM scholarship earlier this week and will transfer out of the Wolverines football program. Rumors have been swirling for weeks that Green is a potential, or even likely transfer, although there has been no official confirmation from either side.

“The student-athlete is the one that should be confirming his decision… as we prefer they communicate their desire to transfer/graduate and play another season elsewhere. We do not confirm those decisions as an institution,” a UM spokesperson said in response to an email seeking confirmation of Green’s decision to transfer.

The running back is expected to stay in school until he graduates in the spring. At that point, he’d be a grad transfer eligible to play immediately in 2016 if he ends up at another FBS program. That would be his final season of eligibility, although the back does have a redshirt he could use if it became necessary.

Green came to the Wolverines as one of the highest-rated recruits in the Class of 2013. In fact, according to Rivals.com, he was the No. 8 player at any position in the country, ahead of the likes of Ole Miss’ Laremy Tunsil (No. 14), Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg (No. 24) and 2015 Heisman winner Derrick Henry (No. 36), all of whom made themselves eligible for the April NFL draft. That on-paper talent, though, never really translated into the anticipated on-field production.

In three seasons in Ann Arbor, Green totaled 898 yards on 212 carries (4.2 ypc) and seven touchdowns. His best season came in 2014, when as a sophomore he ran for 471 yards and averaged 5.7 ypc before injuries derailed the last half of the year.

Instead of building off that momentum, however, Green ran for just 157 yards the first nine games of the 2015 season before failing to see the field the last four games. As if to put an exclamation on the disappointment, Green did not travel with his teammates to Orlando for the Jan. 1 Citrus Bowl because of what head coach Jim Harbaugh described as “an internal matter.”

With the God-given talent Green possesses, however, he should have little trouble finding a Power Five landing spot for his senior season.

Yes please, give us the leftovers of a coach hoping to hold his spring practices in South FLA.

Hes soft!!

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/10/Aww-****-Naw-****-naw-****-no-no-no-way-will-smith-GIF.gif

Tape don't lie. 6'2 245 and hasn't ran over one person since he hit green tree. His best highlights are against nobodies(that he still didn't run over) and getting lit up by denzel Perryman.

Edwards def. Not playing on the NFL either. Dude is soft no matter how many gifs you post.

Advertisement
[MENTION=13136]Dirty Sprite[/MENTION] claimed this guy was better than Alex Collins LOLOLLLL

Advertisement

Hes soft!!

Tape don't lie. 6'2 245 and hasn't ran over one person since he hit green tree. His best highlights are against nobodies(that he still didn't run over) and getting lit up by denzel Perryman.

Edwards def. Not playing on the NFL either. Dude is soft no matter how many gifs you post.

New York soft.

If UM wants a power back then I would prefer UM go after the 2016 RB L. Wilson from Kissimmee, FL

Go Canes

Hes soft!!

New York soft.

Oxymoron...

Hes soft!!

HE has gotten way better since his freshman year...I'm not even gonna bother to post his highlights with some incredible runs where he broke tackles over powered peoples and made guys miss outran the angles for some long runs...They' ve been posted before His best runs look better then anything Ive seen from Walton or Yearby. He is clearly the most talented runner on our team and your favorite Hurricane running back agreed with me.. You can keep your 3 yard and a could of dust boys Yearby and Walton

Advertisement
Back