RB depth

fraggle

Senile Senior
One thing Butch did was he loaded up on RB's and used all of them to wear down opponents. I see comments that we should portal an OL or WR but it seems we could get in a big hole quick with RB injuries, especially since we have 2 out for spring. In the portal there are three that are available immediately:

Jacob Kibodi T A&M Nice high school highlights, not sure what happened with him.

Chawntez Moss Pitt Same with this guy.

Shawndarrius Phillips FIU 2 years ago got in trouble for domestic violence but played for FIU afterwards. Seems he was a starter until his problems and is a local So FL kid. A Butch recruit.

I was hoping in 2019 we would add an RB, wanted Tavien Feaster from Clemson. Feaster went to SC and played well. He would've made a difference here.

Or maybe Realus will comeback? No one seems interested in him. Kidding, doesn't fit the new Offense....

Advertisement
Rather roll with our young guys chaney and knighton behind cam and then you have burns.

just look at the previous decade

Lamar miller
Mike James

mike james
Duke Johnson
Eduardo Clements?

duke Johnson
Dallas crawford
Gus edwards
Eduardo Clements?

Duke Johnson
Joseph yearby
Gus edwards
Trayone Gray

mark walton
Joseph yearby
Gus edwards (missed the entire year from injuries)
Trayone Gray

mark walton
Joseph yearby
Gus edwards (barely played)
Travis homer(got like a handful of Carries)
Gray

Mark walton
Travis homer
Deejay Dallas
Trayone gray(didn’t play much)
Robert Burns (didn’t play)

Travis homer

Deejay dallas

Lorenzo lingard (played a little bit until he was injured

Camron harris player sparingly until last part of the season

Robert burns

deejay Dallas
Camron harris
Lingard
Robert Burns
Top 2 got majority of the snaps

cam Harris
Jaylan knighton
Don Chaney
Robert Burns

we will by far have our most talented backfield we have had in a minute and we have been navigating the last decade pretty much with having just 4rbs or so every year if that so it’s really nothing new.

Last edited:
Like he said we need depth.
We got talent just not bodies.
Remeber these guys bang none stop all week including practise no matter the tempo.
4 ain't enough you need 5 dressed guy and 2 practise squad, that's why they're going after 2 more in 2021.

Advertisement
Rather roll with our young guys chaney and knighton behind cam and then you have burns.

just look at the previous decade

Lamar miller
Mike James

mike james
Duke Johnson
Eduardo Clements?

duke Johnson
Dallas crawford
Gus edwards
Eduardo Clements?

Duke Johnson
Joseph yearby
Gus edwards
Trayone Gray

mark walton
Joseph yearby
Gus edwards (missed the entire year from injuries)
Trayone Gray

mark walton
Joseph yearby
Gus edwards (barely played)
Travis homer(got like a handful of Carries)
Gray

Mark walton
Travis homer
Deejay Dallas
Trayone gray(didn’t play much)
Robert Burns (didn’t play)

Travis homer

Deejay dallas

Lorenzo lingard (played a little bit until he was injured

Camron harris player sparingly until last part of the season

Robert burns

deejay Dallas
Camron harris
Lingard
Robert Burns
Top 2 got majority of the snaps

cam Harris
Jaylan knighton
Don Chaney
Robert Burns

we will by far have our most talented backfield we have had in a minute and we have been navigating the last decade pretty much with having just 4rbs or so every year if that so it’s really nothing new.

I think if serious injuries hit, depending on what is available with our walk-ons...A.Williams, M.Clarke, or maybe even T.A.C. if you need size could be an emergency back.

Last edited:
One thing Butch did was he loaded up on RB's and used all of them to wear down opponents. I see comments that we should portal an OL or WR but it seems we could get in a big hole quick with RB injuries, especially since we have 2 out for spring. In the portal there are three that are available immediately:

Jacob Kibodi T A&M Nice high school highlights, not sure what happened with him.

Shawndarrius Phillips FIU 2 years ago got in trouble for domestic violence but played for FIU afterwards. Seems he was a starter until his problems and is a local So FL kid. A Butch recruit.

I was hoping in 2019 we would add an RB, wanted Tavien Feaster from Clemson. Feaster went to SC and played well. He would've made a difference here.

Or maybe Realus will comeback? No one seems interested in him. Kidding, doesn't fit the new Offense....
This is pointless. Waste of time.

First of all, our depth issues are only temporary. Getting a transfer RB won't help the depth for the Spring and we'll have guys ready come Fall.

Secondly and most importantly, stop thinking that you can just pluck guys from the Portal and sign them up. They are in the Portal because they want playing time elsewhere. You're not getting a grad transfer to come in and be 3rd or 4th string let alone 2nd string. Again ths is a waste of time. Move along. Nothing to see here.

This is pointless. Waste of time.

First of all, our depth issues are only temporary. Getting a transfer RB won't help the depth for the Spring and we'll have guys ready come Fall.

Secondly and most importantly, stop thinking that you can just pluck guys from the Portal and sign them up. They are in the Portal because they want playing time elsewhere. You're not getting a grad transfer to come in and be 3rd or 4th string let alone 2nd string. Again ths is a waste of time. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Well said

Advertisement
With current surgeries and injuries, how many do we have for spring ball??? Too few! Maybe a player at another position can get work but we need better depth considering the status of the current situation. What if Travis had been here last year, we would of had an experienced RB with talent along with Dee Jay and Cam...

Like he said we need depth.
We got talent just not bodies.
Remeber these guys bang none stop all week including practise no matter the tempo.
4 ain't enough you need 5 dressed guy and 2 practise squad, that's why they're going after 2 more in 2021.

Michael Parrot is running 5th by default.

Advertisement
Didn't Burns make it through the year last year without any major injury? He's easy to write off with his past injuries, but that is quality depth if he's healthy. He's looked good in the little time he's been on the field.
He a one cut down hill physical guy..and I think he has enough speed to break off some..as long as he and the other backs aren’t getting touched as soon as they hit the LOS..Big fellas need to improv

As crazy as it sounds we could have someone like Avantae Williams take some snaps if we get a bunch of injuries or in emergency situations.

I like what I saw in highlights with the ball in his hands on Defense, on Offense and on Special Teams.

I don’t remember that being butch’s MO at all. 97 and 98 he had a workhorse back and didn’t rotate like you make it seem. Yeah, we had some depth but for most of his time here, he typically played one workhorse RB and occasionally brought in some backups for a few carries later in games. That’s what I recall. It was the JJ show while he was here.

Advertisement
You should always have a player at each class level. If you lack a senior, get a senior.

Anyone suggesting we get another rb instead of an o-lineman should be band for life

Advertisement
Back