RB Damien Martinez transfers to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
This dude had 744yds AFTER contact, which accounts for 62.7% of his rushing yards. Plus was 14th in broken/missed tackles.

Unless Dawson & Mario figure out a way to concoct the biggest fck up of all-time; having Killa Cam the General at QB, with Damian Martinez at RB, with Sam Brown, J George & XR at WR, with Elijah Arroyo & Riley Williams at TE, this Offense can really be very very versatile & dynamic. It's a pick your poison special & this is Inland Taipan quality venom.

Behind this OLine, wtf are you going to stop??? Go ahead & load the box dumb DC, Cam is going kidnap your DB's & hold'em for ransom. Ohh, you wanna drop 7 in coverage & sit back in Zone, no problem, Damian is coming to do a home invasion on your LB's & bludgeon them blunt-force objects. Now you wanna get exocitc & force pressure on the outside to make Cam slide in the pocket, no problem at all, XR & Arroyo will be taking your Slots & Safeties on a high speed chase down the seams...

The more film I've been watching of our Offensive additions, the more I try to figure out what ways can they mess this up. And IMHO, I haven’t found more than 1, which is scary.

So in other words, this Offense can be LETHAL!
Post of the year

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Advertisement
This dude had 744yds AFTER contact, which accounts for 62.7% of his rushing yards. Plus was 14th in broken/missed tackles.

Unless Dawson & Mario figure out a way to concoct the biggest fck up of all-time; having Killa Cam the General at QB, with Damian Martinez at RB, with Sam Brown, J George & XR at WR, with Elijah Arroyo & Riley Williams at TE, this Offense can really be very very versatile & dynamic. It's a pick your poison special & this is Inland Taipan quality venom.

Behind this OLine, wtf are you going to stop??? Go ahead & load the box dumb DC, Cam is going kidnap your DB's & hold'em for ransom. Ohh, you wanna drop 7 in coverage & sit back in Zone, no problem, Damian is coming to do a home invasion on your LB's & bludgeon them blunt-force objects. Now you wanna get exocitc & force pressure on the outside to make Cam slide in the pocket, no problem at all, XR & Arroyo will be taking your Slots & Safeties on a high speed chase down the seams...

The more film I've been watching of our Offensive additions, the more I try to figure out what ways can they mess this up. And IMHO, I haven’t found more than 1, which is scary.

So in other words, this Offense can be LETHAL!
The bolded is nice to see cause everybody is saying "oh he ran behind that awesome Oregon St OL." Like if he ain't going to come play for a good OL 🙄

It seems like UF best defensive units are their IDL and DBs. Do you think they're good enough to slow down our offense?

Advertisement
The bolded is nice to see cause everybody is saying "oh he ran behind that awesome Oregon St OL." Like if he ain't going to come play for a good OL 🙄

It seems like UF best defensive units are their IDL and DBs. Do you think they're good enough to slow down our offense?
Oregon State was 4th in the country in average yards before contact. So he did get good blocking last year. The good news is, Miami was 3rd in that category last year.

UF is not good at stopping the run. They were one of the worst defenses in the power 4 last year. I fully expect us to drop 30 on them. They were 69th in total defense, 75th in scoring defense, 79th against the run and 98th in yards per play allowed. They also lost their best defensive player to the transfer portal. They are not a good defensive team at all.

Oregon State was 4th in the country in average yards before contact. So he did get good blocking last year. The good news is, Miami was 3rd in that category last year.

UF is not good at stopping the run. They were one of the worst defenses in the power 4 last year. I fully expect us to drop 30 on them. They were 69th in total defense, 75th in scoring defense, 79th against the run and 98th in yards per play allowed. They also lost their best defensive player to the transfer portal. They are not a good defensive team at all.
Sooo we should win week 1 by 10? 😀

Advertisement
Anybody got 0 on offense?

on their visit, Sam Brown wore 0, I'd guess thats his number for the year.

Wore 4 & 13 at Houston but Fletcher and Dr. Redding hold those numbers. Wore 17 at WVU, held by Emory Williams.

In what capacity? What do you think about Dawson? Or enos or gatis?
The last winning season we had we went 8-3 (didn't play Ark ST that year due to Covid cancelation), was with Lashlee & King.

It worked out in the capacity that our Offense in 2020 was ranked
- 26th in the Nation in PPG, averaging 34 points a game
- 24th in Total Offense averaging 439.8 yards per game
- Gained a total of 4,838yds of Offense
- 40.1% in 3rd down conversion rate
- 1,788yds in rushing
- 90.7% Red Zone scoring rate

We finished the season ranked 22nd & was 7-2 in conference play. And this was while simultaneously having a horrendous run Defense & a Secondary that couldn't cover a bowling pin.

He put up the highest offensive productivity that we had in over decades worth a time during his tenure & parlayed that into becoming a HC.

Enox was atrocious.
In 2019, Miami was ranked:

- 90th in Total Offense
- 120th in rushing
- 132nd in 3rd down conversion Offense
- 121st in Red Zone scoring
- 73rd in scoring
- 76th in yards per play
- 25% 3rd down conversion

I don't think there needs to be much debate on that, he's been pretty much awful everywhere he's been, hence why he got fired last year in the middle of the season at Arkansas after they were ranked 119th in Offense & lost their 6th straight game to Miss ST in which they only scored 3 points off a grand total of 200yds on the game.

Gattless was actually worse.

We averaged 16.4 ppg against P5 opponents & had an even worse rushing Offense. We were 99th in rush yards per game & 95th in rush yards per carry at 3.7ypc. We only score one rushing TD vs P5 opponents that year, the other 11 rushing TD's were against Bethune, Southern Miss & Midd Tenn ST, with 7 of them coming against Bethune.

Dawson was good up until the UNC game & the Offense nosedived off a cliff for 4 weeks. The jury is still out on him, but given his past history I believe he's more than competent enough to not figure out a way to mess this current situation up.

He's been a good OC that has produced good Offenses everywhere he's been, except for the 1 year at Kentucky.

On paper no, but games aren't won on paper.

The only people that can slow down our Offense on 8/31/24 will be wearing University of Miami polo's on the sideline with headsets on.

But otherwise, we should be able to put up a very productive day & score plenty on UF's Defense. Their interior DL is pretty good, their Secondary is solid, but it's mostly young guys with upside that haven't proven much. Their LB Corps isn't really that good & their pass rush is a huge question mark.

We have the advantage in every aspect of the game in terms of Offensive attack vs their Defense.

The only way it doesn't work, is if we decide to not make it work.

Advertisement
Back