RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

bored waiting GIF
‘Miami feels good’ - @DMoney (probably)

Advertisement
I've debunked the OL narrative many times - but it doesn't matter. No one changes their mind on it.

Example:
PFF Rated Miami's OL Run Blocking #33 in 2016 - when Walton started & got 57% of his P5 carries.
PFF Rated Miami's OL Run Blocking #31 in 2023 - as a comparison.

Now - Does that change your mind (even the slightest bit) about how good our OL or Walton was?
Was talking the OL discrepancy at Oregon State. What were they ranked? I know the answer but I’ll hang up and listen.

What was Miami’s OL ranked in 2015? since you want to hold that year over his head when he should’ve been in HS.

Was talking the OL discrepancy at Oregon State. What were they ranked? I know the answer but I’ll hang up and listen.

What was Miami’s OL ranked in 2015? since you want to hold that year over his head when he should’ve been in HS.

Exactly as predicted - facts don't change your mind at all.

Walton was held back a grade & reclassified to the class he was supposed to be in. Again - Narrative > Facts

Oregon St was #2 & #6 in Run Blocking . So are you saying Martinez only put up good stats because he had a good OL? I'd say he put up much better stats than Oregon St's 2nd leading rusher the last 2 years because he's just a better runner. But what do you think?

1713445046929.png

A good OL can only do so much. A RB's talent is more important than his OL (In college, NFL is different).

To prove this point - why do you think Homer & DeeJay were so much better behind similar or worse OL's than Walton?

1713445003122.png

Last edited:

Walton was held back a grade & reclassified to the class he was supposed to be in. Again - Narrative > Facts

Oregon St was #2 & #6 in Run Blocking . So are you saying Martinez only put up good stats because he had a good OL? I'd say he put up much better stats than Oregon St's 2nd leading rusher because he's just a better runner.

View attachment 287070

A good OL can only do so much. A RB's talent is more important than his OL (In college, NFL is different).

To prove this point - why do you think Homer & DeeJay were so much better behind similar or worse OL's than Walton?

View attachment 287069
Art Trip Out GIF by Paul Trillo

Advertisement
So how did the in home go?

wouldn't be surprised if the tact is "hey, we are very interested, are you seriously interested in us? we want to have your last visit, take your visits listen to what they are offering, and give us a chance to do better".

On the flip side, it buys us time to see if anyone else better may jump in the portal.

wouldn't be surprised if the tact is "hey, we are very interested, are you seriously interested in us? we want to have your last visit, take your visits listen to what they are offering, and give us a chance to do better".

On the flip side, it buys us time to see if anyone else better may jump in the portal.
I think we’re all in on him. Given how packed together his visit schedule is I really don’t mind being last, especially since it’ll be late week/weekend

Oregon St was #2 & #6 in Run Blocking . So are you saying Martinez only put up good stats because he had a good OL? I'd say he put up much better stats than Oregon St's 2nd leading rusher the last 2 years because he's just a better runner. But what do you think?

View attachment 287070

View attachment 287069
I don’t want to derail thread anymore than I’ve already done, so last post.

- Was he held back? Sure. Would he still have been a senior in HS in 2015? Yes. Doesn’t change the fact.

- OL rank in 2015? Over 100th in America

So the only time Mark Walton had a top 25 OL (2016) for full season he had a 5.3YPC with 1350 yards & 15TDs. Shocking.

“but what about P5?”
- 957 yards, 8TDs in 9 games (95 YPG)
- 5 games over 100 yards

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re the home for the Pac 12 Transfer All-Star Team, Jalean Phillips, Kiko, Cam and now this bruiser. Is Justin Flowe still coming?

Advertisement
Back