RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

The last time we saw Walton, he was starting for an NFL team.

Every time we see you, no matter the topic, you write 7,000 words to convince yourself that Walton was a below-average college back.

If you can’t see it now, you never will.

Yes - And here's how Walton played in that start vs the 1-7 Jets

1713404668019.png

As I said - you refuse to acknowledge Walton's stats in any way & therefore you have no argument.

This "A player starting a game is more important than how he played/that stats he put up in that start" corner of stupidity you've painted yourself into is just so dumb. Stop.

Advertisement

View attachment 287049

As I said - you refuse to acknowledge Walton's stats in any way & therefore you have no argument.

This "A player starting a game is more important than how he played/that stats he put up in that start" corner of stupidity you've painted yourself into is just so dumb. Stop.

O

M

G

What is it with you and Walton?

Too late , you’ve ruined my retirement. Thanks Adam Schefter.
cribby, did you get neutered because of Dmoney pushing the collective only insider info. You are usually on top off all the portal and recruiting pulse I kid i kid. 😲:LOL::hunt-dog-lol:

View attachment 287049

You're forgetting how TUFF and FYZICAL Walton was. As a Miami fan, that's all that matters. Those 2.4 ypc were brutal tough yds.

Advertisement

View attachment 287049

Found the dude Walton fought outside of Pizza Hut

Seeing this I think less of Walton and Martinez and a whole lot more of Homer.

I wonder if we'll ever have a big time backfield again. Certainly had some great talents over the last 20+ terrible years.

Before he got hurt Tyrone Moss in 05 was the last time we had a back that could take over any game by himself. Some guys had good games here or there but no one you could lean on at any instant and absolutely get results.
Tyrone Moss?

I'd put Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson on that list.

Advertisement
He was talented and could have been great had several things gone another way. I'm not sure 3.8 ypc is one of the most productive in UM history.

People forget Walton had 1550 (1350**) yards and 15 TDs with 5.3YPC as a sophomore. If Damien does that next year everyone will crown him.

Last edited:
The last time we saw Walton, he was starting for an NFL team.

Every time we see you, no matter the topic, you write 7,000 words to convince yourself that Walton was a below-average college back.

If you can’t see it now, you never will.
People just forget he had 1300+ yards as a sophomore (really freshman as he reclassified).. his junior year would’ve been so so special if Richt didn’t try and let him get 300 vs ******* Toledo.

Last edited:
1100 Rush yds
1300 with receiving.

But he was good. A rare 1000yd back over there last 20 years.
I was spitballing couldn’t remember exact number. Still that was the year he technically should’ve been a freshman. People want to bring up 2015 like he shouldn’t have been a senior in HS. Then 2017 he gets injured week 2/3 & never recovered. I still believe it was malpractice at the highest level to trot him out vs FSU. He clearly wasn’t healthy in Duke game and that ruined his entire season.

Miami was a shell of itself by that Pitt game. Add in Kaaya & Njoku deciding to return and I always say “what if”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol touche. Receiving yards should still be counted. 5YPT in 22 games ain’t as bad as you make it seem. You still didn’t acknowledge the OL discrepancy. Also didn’t add in that if Walton didn’t get hurt in 17 he was going for 1600 yards.

The injury vs Toledo screwed us. He wasn’t healthy vs Duke or FSU

Yes, receiving yards should always be added in. Yards are yards, it’s like not including Lamar Jackson’s rushing yards when giving his stats.

I've debunked the OL narrative many times - but it doesn't matter. No one changes their mind on it.

Example:
PFF Rated Miami's OL Run Blocking #33 in 2016 - when Walton started & got 57% of his P5 carries.
PFF Rated Miami's OL Run Blocking #31 in 2023 - as a comparison.

Now - Does that change your mind (even the slightest bit) about how good our OL or Walton was?

Advertisement
Back