RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

^translation: there may be an even bigger name to watch out for. Every RB in the nation will want to run behind our OL and take handoffs / block for Cam Ward given we can match any other program’s NIL. … IMHO

Advertisement
I’m sorry but that all sounds like a hedge

Enjoy the ride brother, tomorrow and the next couple of weeks are going to be a rollercoaster. But I would be shocked if we aren’t in a much better chair when the music stops.

Advertisement
^translation: there may be an even bigger name to watch out for. Every RB in the nation will want to run behind our OL and take handoffs / block for Cam Ward given we can match any other program’s NIL. … IMHO

Yall expecting Marshall Faulk to come out of the portal. lol

The number of top RBs in the country is small. We know who the names are and while they are very good, I'm not sure I'd throw the word "elite" around.

Hampton - probably looking for a raise
Martinez - MSU team to beat
Ott - good option
Gordon - Top guy in the country. Will be interesting to follow given there were portal rumors swirling back in Dec.
Henderson - possible b/c of jenkins but it would be a tough pull.
Jenkins - he ain't going nowhere.
Edwards - he ain't going nowhere.

Then you have a group of other decent options - Brooks, Jeanty, et al - but they are a step below.

That's pretty much it.

Yall expecting Marshall Faulk to come out of the portal. lol

The number of top RBs in the country is small. We know who the names are and while they are very good, I'm not sure I'd throw the word "elite" around.

Hampton - probably looking for a raise
Martinez - MSU team to beat
Ott - good option
Gordon - would be shocked if he left. Top guy in the country.
Henderson - possible b/c of jenkins but it would be a tough pull.
Jenkins - he ain't going nowhere.
Edwards - he ain't going nowhere.

Then you have a group of other decent options - Brooks, Jeanty, et al - but they are a step below.

That's pretty much it.
There is no one credible reporting this, just a rouge poster here claiming his MSU friends 'felt confident'

Advertisement
You're right but you have to imagine they are the team to beat given his coach and QB both went there.
His QB is in Tallahassee.

Chiles barely played in conference games, he’s no shoe-in to start either.

MSU mods would be surprised if Martinez wound up there, and personally (no knowledge on this last part) I think his suspension at the end of the season has a part to do with that. That plus the fact he will struggle more without his OL and in a better conference on a team that figures to trail early and often this season, projected to flirt with bowl eligibility. Nothing more.

Although the suspension was warranted obviously, for the DWI.

His QB is in Tallahassee.

Chiles barely played in conference games, he’s no shoe-in to start either.

MSU mods would be surprised if Martinez wound up there, and personally (no knowledge on this last part) I think his suspension at the end of the season has a part to do with that. That plus the fact he will struggle more without his OL and in a better conference on a team that figures to trail early and often this season, projected to flirt with bowl eligibility. Nothing more.

Although the suspension was warranted obviously, for the DWI.
I'd add that if he were to transfer to MSU he could've done it earlier like his other teammates did. It's not that the Oregon State situation was different.

I won't take MSU completely out from the conversation but I see lots of things (as you mentioned) pointing in another direction. JMO.

Advertisement
RB in the portal is the last position I would worry about. A quality starting RB will hit the portal and he will be a cane, it just depends on which one it will be.
I think Mario is looking for one step up from "quality". I think hes going for a guy that is considered one of the top 2-3 in the portal. "Quality" is what I would use to describe us going after when it comes to CB or S or maybe even WR. But we need a starting caliber RB in the portal because I didnt see one on last Saturday. No way we can march into Gainesville in 4 months with that group and think we walk out of there with a win. I dont care how down posters are on UF this year. Norvall needs this win just as bad as Mario. We shouldnt take any chances.

It’s really difficult to leave Beavers
interested crear gifs GIF

Advertisement
Who would you guys rate better than Martinez? Ott, Hampton? I don't see Gordon leaving OK St or Henderson leaving Oh st

Advertisement
Back