RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

I would think that Martinez is looking at the entire picture before he picks a school.

NIL ✅
Strong qb ✅
Depth chart ✅

And this one is a big one
Oline ✅

No way he leaves a top 10-15 oline to go somewhere that doesn’t have that. We fill all the boxes.

Hopefully he thinks about all of these things and doesn’t just take upfront cash. Going from a top oline to one that doesn’t open holes can expose any weakness he may have.

Not comparing him to king Henry but an aging rb left a ground and pound team for another team that loves to establish the run and not just willing to pay him more.

The most important thing with Martinez and NIL is not a specific dollar amount.

It's the fact that Miami ACTUALLY PAYS its NIL. It's not illusory. It's not a broken promise.

Advertisement
The most important thing with Martinez and NIL is not a specific dollar amount.

It's the fact that Miami ACTUALLY PAYS its NIL. It's not illusory. It's not a broken promise.

I think a lot of the boosters at these schools actually dislike the kids and reluctantly pay them because that's the price to have a good team. I completely believe the structure of the contracts reflect that disdain.

We land this guy and we’re a legit CFP contender. Biggest question marks remain on D, but that offense would look even better.

Advertisement
Yeah that’s because Coley is a dumbass. Oh it’s 4th and 2? Let’s put in Gus with 1FB, 3TEs and run up the middle.

“Holy **** it didn’t work?! How did they know?”

Really wish Jedd Fisch hung around another 1/2 years. Us not being able to to see him use Duke in 2013/14 wasn’t fair.
Sounds familiar...

Awkward Sewing Bee GIF by The Great British Sewing Bee

Yeah that’s because Coley is a dumbass. Oh it’s 4th and 2? Let’s put in Gus with 1FB, 3TEs and run up the middle.

“Holy **** it didn’t work?! How did they know?”

Really wish Jedd Fisch hung around another 1/2 years. Us not being able to to see him use Duke in 2013/14 wasn’t fair.
Gus’ numbers were better with Coley than Richt. He was statistically below average at Rutgers too but he just got more carries.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back