RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

Advertisement
To be fair... $50k compared to $500k

RB is the cheapest and least important position in the NFL and DE is one of the most expensive and sought after positions in the NFL. I do think there's more importance to an elite RB in college than the NFL. Height is also the definition of a jag.

I still defend and agree with the Height take and acknowledge the Martinez add would be huge. I'm just still disappointed to learn he runs an 11.3 and not a 10.3 at 230 pounds. The lies I told to friends based on that information will haunt me for years.
Brother trust me, I copied and pasted that guys 10.3 post as well and sent it out to friends also. I'm not gonna correct myself though, hopefully he's fast enough to pass the eye test.

But still, this guy is a dam good back and will have an impact.

That's ok. He's also much heavier than say a Jonathon Brooks. 30 pounds heavier. 20 pounds heavier than Guerendo.

If you were just to import some figures in RAS for Damien Martinez, he's got a 9.76 adjusted for his weight, but at 4.55 is a very respectable, 6.97 speed score with that weight.
Correction though. Just saw his 2022 highlight and he looked a lot lighter and faster. If he could get to like 215-220, I think we may have a baller.

Advertisement
He and Lofton on the field at the same time 👀
Listen, I was fully onboard with giving Mario that 4th year regardless of year 3, the total opposite of how I treated Manny year 3…. But goddamnit Rio… you making it impossible for me to give you any wiggle room for excuses. Miami better be **** good this year.

Advertisement
Listen, I was fully onboard with giving Mario that 4th year regardless of year 3, the total opposite of how I treated Manny year 3…. But goddamnit Rio… you making it impossible for me to give you any wiggle room for excuses. Miami better be **** good this year.
10+ wins. If we get Martinez. Now if we add a top receiver👀👀👀

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this kid is **** good so don’t take this as me trying to rain on the sunshiners parade. But I believe that 237 about as much as I believed that 10.3 100. No way that dude weighs that much lol

Again, absolutely would be huge add. But now people are tossing around 240

I think this kid is **** good so don’t take this as me trying to rain on the sunshiners parade. But I believe that 237 about as much as I believed that 10.3 100. No way that dude weighs that much lol

Again, absolutely would be huge add. But now people are tossing around 240
He's a faster Brandon Jacobs, bro!

Also serious question, when is the last time Miami had a top 15 back (most saying top 10 but for sake of argument, top 15)?

Duke Johnson would be the answer. Damien is better than Homer or DeeJay. As talented as Walton. This would be a slam dunk considering the situation with Cam only being here one year.
He looks to have great balance.

It has been a while since we have had a back that didn't go down at the slightest touch. I can't tell you how many times our backs have gone down at or just past the line of scrimmage from one-armed contact at the thigh pads with nothing but green grass in front of them.

Advertisement
Back