RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

Advertisement
Those guys you mentioned run a better 40 than Martinez. To me, Martinez looks like a 4.55+ 40 yard.
That's ok. He's also much heavier than say a Jonathon Brooks. 30 pounds heavier. 20 pounds heavier than Guerendo.

If you were just to import some figures in RAS for Damien Martinez, he's got a 9.76 adjusted for his weight, but at 4.55 is a very respectable, 6.97 speed score with that weight.

My concern here is tampering. I know all schools do it, but everybody here knows the NCAA would jump at the opportunity to hit us with something. Plus, Oregon State's people are ****ED. Who knows what kinda allegations they'll make.

Pate really didn't do us any favors by saying we already knew who we were bringing in to replace Parrish. He's made some other comments too that implied tampering.

Last edited:
Sorry that was a typing error. That is embarrassing and massive **** up on my part. Just noticed it. and thought I copied and pasted it. I was putting up numbers from another post of UM players fastest times at the same time which most are in the 10s
I was just joking about it. I did take it and run with it though. Hopefully he gets a lot faster if he comes here or I have some explaining to do

Advertisement
Sorry that was a typing error. That is embarrassing and massive **** up on my part. Just noticed it. and thought I copied and pasted it. I was putting up numbers from another post of UM players fastest times at the same time which most are in the 10s
Marshawn Lynch was 11.1 in high school and was still a 4.4 guy.

Advertisement
I don’t worry about oline play as much as i worry about us marrying our run game to the passing game. Thats what Oregon st looked like they did, if our oline is near last year a rb like this will make the most out of it

Advertisement
A complete list of runningbacks last season that weigh 230lbs or more, rushed for over 1k yards, and averaged over 6ypc:

1. Penny Boone
2. Damien Martinez

Yall really harping on long speed. He's 230 pounds. How many 230 pound rbs exist running in the 4.4s in college next year?

You can argue, don't get a 230 pound back. But when it's 4th and 1 and we bring in restrepo to be our 9th lineman, I want either this kid or Penny Boone to run that unpredictable HB dive.

Not impressed.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Someone posted here that the kid ran a 10.37 in HS and I have found out it's an 11.37 and he was down in the 11.8's as a senior once he gained some weight. Just want to express my disappointment to this site for allowing someone to post that because I may have ran with it and told some serious lies all over the place. I can't back track them all.

I'm less high on the kid now... he's still good. Just not elite. The gap from him to Fletcher (when healthy) may not be as large as I assumed with that key piece of information.

He may not have elite speed but IMO he's an elite RB. No other P5 freshman or sophomore RB had as many rushing yards last year. The only P5 underclassman RB that had more yards per carry was Sawchuck ( Oklahoma) , who had 6.2 yards per carry, compared to 6.11 for Martinez. But Sawchuck only ran for 744 yards, while Martinez ran for 1185 yards on 194 carries. And now think about what this kid can do as a junior.

The leading rusher last season was Gordon from Oklahoma State, but he rushed for 1732 yards on 285 carries (6.08 yards per carry ) .

If you project out Martinez's stats with as many carries as Gordon, Martinez would have finished as the leading rusher in cfb with 1742 yards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back