RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

His 40' is 4.59. 100 meters (over 100 yards) is 11.37 as a Junior in HS. But don't players usually get faster with College trainers? The kid is a really good RB, he went over 100 yards 6 times and averaged 98ypg. He also did it with only 2 games where he got more than 20 carries (26,21) he averaged 16 carries a game. For reference Miami only had a back go over 100 5 times. He's a very productive back and would have an even better O line in front of him if he came to Miami.

Advertisement
I think Martinez is one of the best all around RBs in the country. Are there faster RBs? Sure. But he is the ideal Cristobal RB as he has great vision and can pick up tough yards in the trenches to keep the chains moving. I don't think the defense is going to be very good this year, so ball control and wearing down defenses will be crucial for Ws.

Martinez gives us that ability.

His 40' is 4.59. 100 meters (over 100 yards) is 11.37 as a Junior in HS. But don't players usually get faster with College trainers? The kid is a really good RB, he went over 100 yards 6 times and averaged 98ypg. He also did it with only 2 games where he got more than 20 carries (26,21) he averaged 16 carries a game. For reference Miami only had a back go over 100 5 times. He's a very productive back and would have an even better O line in front of him if he came to Miami.
Not sure what kind of research you did on Oregon St OL but you are mistaken.

Yall are wild underselling this lol.

Let him go to FSU with his former QB and yall would be furious.
Exactly.... If this O stays healthy, you can't tell me its not a 11+ win O....
Ward, Martinez, X, Horton, Jacoby, Arroyo and this OL..... +Lofton doing w/e he wants at multiple positions....

Nowwww... Improve the D a bit... DT/DB

Advertisement
IMG_2770.jpeg

Advertisement
If there's 1 place where the YoY difference in OL gets worse by coming to Miami it is Oregon State.

The PAC had 3 of the top 5-10 OL in America last year in OSU, Oregon, and Washington.

Don't think there's a huge dropoff at Miami. Maybe better running lanes because of passing game that Oregon State didn't have.

Advertisement
Someone posted here that the kid ran a 10.37 in HS and I have found out it's an 11.37 and he was down in the 11.8's as a senior once he gained some weight. Just want to express my disappointment to this site for allowing someone to post that because I may have ran with it and told some serious lies all over the place. I can't back track them all.

I'm less high on the kid now... he's still good. Just not elite. The gap from him to Fletcher (when healthy) may not be as large as I assumed with that key piece of information.
Respect to you because you are one of the better posters but come on…this dude being 225lbs running a 10.3 was very suspect. He would not have ended up at Oregon state that’s for **** sure. Lol. That said..just because he’s not a freak athlete at RB doesn’t mean we don’t throw our best offer at him.

Someone posted here that the kid ran a 10.37 in HS and I have found out it's an 11.37 and he was down in the 11.8's as a senior once he gained some weight. Just want to express my disappointment to this site for allowing someone to post that because I may have ran with it and told some serious lies all over the place. I can't back track them all.

I'm less high on the kid now... he's still good. Just not elite. The gap from him to Fletcher (when healthy) may not be as large as I assumed with that key piece of information.

Hate to break it to you but the crop of RBs in the portal (now and soon to come) are mostly in that category. You're not going to get an elite guy out of the portal, imo. The potential ones are all ones that have all been discussed - Martinez, Ott, Henderson. I think that group is a very good group but not elite.

Advertisement

we suck again GIF

Sorry that was a typing error. That is embarrassing and massive **** up on my part. Just noticed it. and thought I copied and pasted it. I was putting up numbers from another post of UM players fastest times at the same time which most are in the 10s

Advertisement
Back