Confirmed RB Coach Tim Harris Jr

Advertisement
He should have done a complete 540 with all the spin we have here like Mac

Matthew Basketball GIF by BIG EAST Conference
OT he’s from a small town in extreme SW VA of about 2100 people.

Advertisement
So coached with Gus Malzahn for 2 years. Who was his HC at FIU? Scheme?

I imagine he grew up playing in a spread with Ice as his coach.

Any air raid background?

To be honest i think Ice always ran a wide open air raid type offense so tim been int hose systems the whole time. If he is the hire i like it as he can coach...and they are personable and gonna be able to recruit pretty good. So you are right.

Bruh….. it was wild around here during that time. Craziness. Basically Treon wanted to be a QB. We were recruiting him as an “athlete”. UF gave him the nod as a QB, so he went there. Then he trolled us a bit. Word around the time was that Treon was talking to other recruits, trashing us to try and steer them away from us. Good times, mane.
I bet that didn't set well with his brothers

Advertisement
idk if he'll be successful here. A lot of variables. He can be, though. he's a good dude and he's a hustler...he puts in the work and he's been well respected everywhere he's been. I can see this being a really good fit and you all loving this guy. He's going to have to land some big fish at RB and that has been an area we've been spotty in recently, those big ticket running backs. We've had a couple...but that's something Harris is going to have to do here and until he lands one, its a fair criticism.
I think the last 3 classes we have landed the best rbs in dade or broward.
I dont think we been spotty at all...

We just may have to land 1 or2 national rbs but if hes the guy i dont think he would have a problem. I think if Brandon gets on he will be a fast riser as well...they are classic coaches kids...kind of like a Deriq King.

Advertisement
To be honest i think Ice always ran a wide open air raid type offense so tim been int hose systems the whole time. If he is the hire i like it as he can coach...and they are personable and gonna be able to recruit pretty good. So you are right.
Ice runs an extension of the Gulf Coast Offense. Definitely a spread offense.

Ice runs an extension of the Gulf Coast Offense. Definitely a spread offense.
They always lit up south florida scoring..even when Ice was at mnw....then got to BTW and it took off. Then Tim took over and they scored even more.
Im thinking Butch reference was checked outwith Mario..even though im sure Mario knew tim since he was a recruit...and has known Ice forever.

Advertisement
Exactly. Malzahn has some good run concepts too, good to have Harris Jr be able to borrow from his playbook for our offensive meetings going forward.

I think this is what some people are missing here; Dawson & Harris Jr. were groomed by well-respected offensive minds.

Hankerson would make a great WR coach and bring the Shanahan offensive background to the table as well.

Bringing back former student-athletes who've gone on to succeed elsewhere is a tremendous positive for recruiting and our program.

Got to give it to Mario, he went out and hired the staff we needed instead of the one that looked the best. He could of easily went out and hired some big wig Pro Style OC to go with a DC with years and years of play calling experience and won all the off-season awards but if last year is any indication it wouldn't of worked. We needed a simple yet effective play caller that can teach an offense that's easy to learn but productive and we got that. The position coaches we hired are young and hungry and will put in those 16 hour days recruiting.

Advertisement
Back