Rayshawn Scott

Canecanecane

Freshman
The guy is pure talent and should be a 2-3 rounder. He has talent to be 1st, but has not been good or healthy enough to make that case. He's a big body that can run that plays physical. Nobody's fault really but I think he will be another guy that we see do wonders in NFL. What you all think?

Advertisement
Knew right when we signed him that he was gonna make it to the league. Him and hurns were never amazing to me but always did enough to be productive.

Hurns is killing it right now in the NFL, hope the same for Scott

Scott has to kill it at his bowl gm, all star gm, and pro day to go really high. I see him as a 5th-6th rd just because of how deep this wr draft will be.

1st? Big stretch. He will go in the late rounds but definitely has potential. Let's not forget Allen Hurns is one of the best receivers in UM history

Advertisement
As good as Scott and Hurns are, Waters is going to be better than both of them at the next level. Kid still has tons of upside, never maximized on his potential here.

As good as Scott and Hurns are, Waters is going to be better than both of them at the next level. Kid still has tons of upside, never maximized on his potential here.

I disagree. Love Waters' abilities but Scott, if he can stay healthy, has all the tools... Big body, can run, and has good hands. He just needs to stay healthy.

Scott is a really good player and NFL GM will be happy to pick him up in bargain bin. If he keeps head on straight I would think he should have a productive career.

Advertisement
He reminds me of a poor man's Jarvis Landry.

He's a little bigger and not as quick, but both guys are great athletes with average speed who can make contested grabs and run after the catch.

Scott is a really good player and NFL GM will be happy to pick him up in bargain bin. If he keeps head on straight I would think he should have a productive career.

And Scott absolutely does have his head on straight. Incredibly mature, strong body, good hands and runs very good routes. Not crazy speed, but he really doesn't need speed to do what he does best - getting open for 10-15 yards at a time.

If not for his injuries in his first two years, he would have some pretty crazy stats and might have left after last year like Duke.

Scott will get drafted very late - not a chance he goes in the first 3 or 4 rounds and there's even a chance he gets picked up as an undrafted free agent. However, I can definitely see a New England, Pittsburgh or Baltimore (who all have an eye for underrated talent) pick him up. That's his best chance for success - going to an established organization with good coaches.

Scott comes from my hometown and has a good support structure in Melbourne to help guide him on a path to success.

PS - It's Rashawn. Even though some commentators pronounce it "-ay", there is no Y in his name

Last edited:
He reminds me of a poor man's Jarvis Landry.

He's a little bigger and not as quick, but both guys are great athletes with average speed who can make contested grabs and run after the catch.

Hmm... Not sure I'd make the Landry connection. If you stick with the Dolphins I'd put him closer to Rishard Matthews. Overall though, he reminds me more of a young Roddy White - not incredibly fast but great at running routes, good hands and always gets yards after catch.

I remember when Golden signed him late and people complained cause we missed on others and signed this no name kid from a no name school in melbourne. Kid has always been talented and if it wasnt for shoulder injuries could of been one the greats at miami. I know he will ball in the NFL.

Advertisement
Where you from?
Cocoa in the building!! I kick it with Rashawn when I'm down there.
And your soo right about keeping his head on straight. These cats on here have no idea what's going on. My boy definitely has his ducks in a row and is going to do big things at the next level.

How did he not get ACC honors at least honarable mention? Am I missing something here?

Advertisement
Stranger things have happened, absolutely nobody thought Dorsett was a 1st rounder this time last year.

And Scott absolutely does have his head on straight. Incredibly mature, strong body, good hands and runs very good routes. Not crazy speed, but he really doesn't need speed to do what he does best - getting open for 10-15 yards at a time.

If not for his injuries in his first two years, he would have some pretty crazy stats and might have left after last year like Duke.

Scott will get drafted very late - not a chance he goes in the first 3 or 4 rounds and there's even a chance he gets picked up as an undrafted free agent. However, I can definitely see a New England, Pittsburgh or Baltimore (who all have an eye for underrated talent) pick him up. That's his best chance for success - going to an established organization with good coaches.

Scott comes from my hometown and has a good support structure in Melbourne to help guide him on a path to success.

PS - It's Rashawn. Even though some commentators pronounce it "-ay", there is no Y in his name

I'm from Melbourne too, seems like we always have at least one or two players from Brevard county at UM!

Gonna make a ton of money in the NFL if he can stay healthy. This guy's got a little bit of everything in his game.

Advertisement
Back