Ray Ray Lewis III

Advertisement
Yall do know this kid has 4 years left here right? This shouldnt even be a thought for another two years! Most kids at big time schools dont see pt for at least 3. Maybe yall got too used to us HAVING to play young guys early, but at schools with depth kids redshirt and wait for a chance to shine. Smh @ OP.. Live and let live

as with highsmith, another legacy favor. i have no problem with that as long as he does not play meaningful minutes (should he suck).

Exactly. Legacy for former Canes, especially the greats is just fine. Playing time is a different matter. Everyone was all over Highsmith but he never put himself in a game. The coaches called his number and kids strapped up and played. Stop trashing the kids. These are the sons of our heroes. Heck, they could get ships to some other schools just because they are daddy's boy. We waste most scholarships lately. There were always wasted ones. How many times back in the day did some senior we never saw come in for a couple plays on senior day in a brand new uni? I remember many times wondering "where the **** did that kid comes from?" And I am talking in JJ's days. Don't start on this kid.

Advertisement
Let's revisit this in 4 years. I think the kid will do just fine. A contributor, not necessarily a star. That's good enough IMO.

Advertisement
Yep, and in 1984 Vinnie Testaverde didn't beat out Bernie Kosar. So what were his stats that year?

Dig a little deeper and you find that Bernie redshirted in 1982, and Testaverde played some. What does it all mean. Who the **** knows?

Yep, and in 1984 Vinnie Testaverde didn't beat out Bernie Kosar. So what were his stats that year?

Dig a little deeper and you find that Bernie redshirted in 1982, and Testaverde played some. What does it all mean. Who the **** knows?

Yup, just because a freshman doesn't start or play does not mean they aren't capable. Anyone who's followed this team has seen a number of players who did not contribute until after a few years and then they did quite well. Then there's always the guy who many thought would be a big star who . . .

Advertisement
lil Ray will contribute in rotation by year three. I think he might play his way into some special teams time this season. Didnt look too bad in spring game @ cb. I want him to develop into the role...Fentress has. Guy that balled on specials and now challenges for time in our safety rotation, and is on all of our special teams.

I dont think Lil Ray schoollie hurts us.

I mean **** dude is a rs frosh wtf. Give him some time who knows. We could have and HAVE done worse as far as giving out scholarships the past 3yrs imo anyway.....besides if he turns out pretty good im sure u will be the first in line ready to swallow

If there are some already on the "Wasted Schooly" train, a R-Fr is not where you would blindly throw that label. Lets look at the real "wasted scholly" prospects already in the fold longer than 2 semesters:

Graw Crow
D'Mauri Jones
Garrett Kidd(Former Walk-on)
Jake O'Donnell
Beau Sandland
Hunter Wells
Jelani "Ice Cream Sandwiches" Hamilton
Corey King
Juwand Blue

Honestly, I get the OP's question, however I'm wondering if it stems from sincerity given the names above that have are clearly more worrisome than a HOF Legacy's kid with a prenatal love for this program.

DMauri Jones? Wasted Scholly?
Kid had a great spring season and is only a Sophomore and may start getting playing time based on how camp plays out. There's lots of competition at receiver but in no way, shape, or form would I say he is a wasted scholly. Could be a very good deep threat as he stands at 6-4.

I think you missed my point. He was inquiring about RL3 who has only be with the team 1 year. I was simply pointing out a host of others who have been here far longer and have virtually contributed nothing. You can argue potential all day. ****, Kendall Thompkins and Aldarius Johnson had potential, but the question was asked if this kid was a wasted scholarship. If a R-Fr who is not expected to contribute yet is a waste, then all those names listed previously and some others are a waste as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
lil Ray will contribute in rotation by year three. I think he might play his way into some special teams time this season. Didnt look too bad in spring game @ cb. I want him to develop into the role...Fentress has. Guy that balled on specials and now challenges for time in our safety rotation, and is on all of our special teams.

I dont think Lil Ray schoollie hurts us.
This

Negs to all th eporsters who thought he wold play here in year 3 or 4 the boy was garbage from the beginning

Advertisement
Back