Ray Ray Lewis III

I'd say most certainly not. This isn't the type of kid you bring in to play immediately, and if he sees even the 2 deep before RS Junior year I'd be scared. But definitely an offer that you have to extend, and you hope he makes some impact plays for you when called upon in his last two years on campus, for reason of injury or in order to RS younger incoming players.

Kid is no slouch, he's still very athletic and can play ball.

And he's got HEART. Forreal, kid wants it.

Advertisement
I'd say most certainly not. This isn't the type of kid you bring in to play immediately, and if he sees even the 2 deep before RS Junior year I'd be scared. But definitely an offer that you have to extend, and you hope he makes some impact plays for you when called upon in his last two years on campus, for reason of injury or in order to RS younger incoming players.

Kid is no slouch, he's still very athletic and can play ball.

And he's got HEART. Forreal, kid wants it.

Thank you for an answer that makes sense. i see what your saying there.

If he was at fsu, the title of this thread would be: Why is Ray Lewis' son playing for fsu??

The kid even said that his dad would pay for his schollie if we were limited (which we are not) . A lot of disrespectful people to Ray52. Give his son a chance

Advertisement
Ray came in as an undersized LB and grew into a beast. Let's give his kid some time to find out if he's a bust.

You wanted opinions here's my answer:

I enthusiastically support giving a football scholarship to a former Hurricane great! I don't give a **** if the kid is in a wheel chair as long as he attends practices and helps in some way. I hope there are more players like Ray Lewis in the future and that we can always give a legacy scholarship or more every year to their sons. When it becomes a roster talent problem the staff can always reconsider.

Ray came in as an undersized LB and grew into a beast. Let's give his kid some time to find out if he's a bust.

I am sure he came in undersized because he was always cutting to make the 189 weight class for wrestling. He was a beast at RB and Lb in highschool. Won state his senior year in wrestling too. I say give his sone a chance but since the question asked i dont think he would of got offered if his last name wasnt Lewis. Than again this staff seems to offer every 3 star kids in NJ, so who knows

Advertisement
If there are some already on the "Wasted Schooly" train, a R-Fr is not where you would blindly throw that label. Lets look at the real "wasted scholly" prospects already in the fold longer than 2 semesters:

Graw Crow
D'Mauri Jones
Garrett Kidd(Former Walk-on)
Jake O'Donnell
Beau Sandland
Hunter Wells
Jelani "Ice Cream Sandwiches" Hamilton
Corey King
Juwand Blue

Honestly, I get the OP's question, however I'm wondering if it stems from sincerity given the names above that have are clearly more worrisome than a HOF Legacy's kid with a prenatal love for this program.

Small and slow.... He will never play here...but I dont mind the scholly..Golden needs all the good pub he can get

Advertisement
Well he has two more sons that might be here...CB Rayshad C/O 2016 and RB/CB Raashan C/O 2018, lol! So, we will have Michael Irvin son and several of Ray Lewis sons, also will have Sean Taylor brother... We Back!

If there are some already on the "Wasted Schooly" train, a R-Fr is not where you would blindly throw that label. Lets look at the real "wasted scholly" prospects already in the fold longer than 2 semesters:

Graw Crow
D'Mauri Jones
Garrett Kidd(Former Walk-on)
Jake O'Donnell
Beau Sandland
Hunter Wells
Jelani "Ice Cream Sandwiches" Hamilton
Corey King
Juwand Blue

Honestly, I get the OP's question, however I'm wondering if it stems from sincerity given the names above that have are clearly more worrisome than a HOF Legacy's kid with a prenatal love for this program.

DMauri Jones? Wasted Scholly?
Kid had a great spring season and is only a Sophomore and may start getting playing time based on how camp plays out. There's lots of competition at receiver but in no way, shape, or form would I say he is a wasted scholly. Could be a very good deep threat as he stands at 6-4.

Advertisement

if i remember correctly, wasn't Ray a late offer and one of few offers given to him? i think we were his only big offer if i recall...

correct me if i'm wrong.

as with highsmith, another legacy favor. i have no problem with that as long as he does not play meaningful minutes (should he suck).

Advertisement
Back