Ray Lewis talks about The U

There is no Cane greater than Ray Lewis. There are a few in the same class, but none better.

Advertisement
And...who was the second best Cane in 1995?

I want to say Yatil Green, but it was a long time ago.

Advertisement

Nope the 2nd best player was Rohan "Da Rat" Marley

[video=youtube;15Y5VRoPFuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Y5VRoPFuI[/video]

I remember him being a late signee, in fact, he wasn't in the 93 media guide as a freshman as his status was in doubt. I think he had to wait for a test score or something to that effect

Yep.
He was a late qualifier and I believe had his heart set on being a nole.
I think KState was also trying to poach him.
Our "big" LB signee in Lewis's class was Jeffrey Taylor out of Northwestern have, by way of prep school in Virginia.
If I recall, Tommy Turbeville was the guy who stayed with Lewis.

Yeah, and other big LB recruit was James Burgess that cycle. LOL, every year Ferman would get me all excited about how each class was even better than the year before. But yeah, ERRickson had so many high profile busts in his class it seemed. Taylor was very average at UM

I think Burgess could have been better had the coaching at UM not started to go down the toilet.
Obviously, not on the level of Lewis or some of the other UM LB greats, but better than what he did.
Taylor was too stiff to play at a high level.
Yeah, the noles with Chuck Amato and turds with former Carol City HS coach Jerry Anderson were killing
us in our backyard, nabbing Marvin Jones, Lamont Green, Godfrey Myles, Ben Hanks, Tim Paulk,etc.

You're out of your mind.
First, he wasn't on the team in 1995, Butch's first year.
And he definitely wasn't the second best player on the 1994.
He was a very nice story because of his size, motor and ability to hit folks, but a very limited
player.

Advertisement
Best defensive player in the history of football.

Definitely top5.
Lawrence Taylor was the best, IMO.
LT was a rush end. And not a leader or motivator of others. That giants front seven was fantastic, and allowed him to do his thing. And he came along at a moment where the game was changing, and got a ton of the credit because he was brash and a sack monster. But lewis was the heart and soul of that team, controlled the whole d, pass and run, and lifted everyone around him in terms of intensity and commitment.

Lt is top 5. Bruce smith and reggie white are there also.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You're out of your mind.
First, he wasn't on the team in 1995, Butch's first year.
And he definitely wasn't the second best player on the 1994.
He was a very nice story because of his size, motor and ability to hit folks, but a very limited
player.

in 95 Miami stil had Kennard Lang, Kenny Holmes and KC Jones. And Tremain Mack emerged in 95. Danyell Ferguson also had a good year(over a 1000 yards rushing)

Advertisement
Back