Raw 7on7 GM Jose Duasso talks multiple UM targets on loaded roster

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Seven-on-seven football is now on national TV with the NFL Network, and viewers saw RAW Miami take home the OT7 Dallas championship. The squad boasts a litany of Miami targets, including WR Dallas Wilson, WR Cortez Mills, CB Ben Hanks, S Bryce Fitzgerald, DB Amari Wallace and more. Raw GM Jose Duasso joined the show to talk about his team:

On RAW’s championship win at OT7 Dallas: OT7 is Overtime, the social media platform. They launched their own 7-on-7 circuit. They...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
I was surprised to read Fitzgerald has elite speed. Isn’t he a mid 11s runner? Perhaps it was meant re: short area agility? Maybe those track times aren’t indicative of his real speed. Anyone who has more info, care to clarify?

Advertisement
On the performance of rival South Florida Express: First round exits. They're not very relevant these days.

Happy to see RAW overtake SFE...

On RAW’s depth at WR: They joke around that I've assembled the Avengers with my wide receiver corps. We run it like a basketball rotation. I even had Calvin Russell playing with us this past weekend. He's a basketball guy, five star out of Miami Northwestern, 2026 class. I told him, “Hey, CJ, I need you to be Manu Ginobili this weekend.” Aaron Gregory (five-star ‘26 WR from Georgia), in other weekends, has been that guy.
Are these kids even old enough to remember Ginobili?

Duasso: “Hey, CJ, I need you to be Manu Ginobili this weekend.”
CJ:
who is that GIF

On the performance of rival South Florida Express: First round exits. They're not very relevant these days.

Happy to see RAW overtake SFE...

SFE...yeah **** those guys (pause, no homo, pause, no homo)

Advertisement
I was surprised to read Fitzgerald has elite speed. Isn’t he a mid 11s runner? Perhaps it was meant re: short area agility? Maybe those track times aren’t indicative of his real speed. Anyone who has more info, care to clarify?
The 247 crew said he tested out of this world at the Under Armour Camp. I don't have access to the actual numbers, but Under Armour posted his name as one of the top testers on the circuit.

He doesn’t have elite speed. Not in the 100m.

Advertisement
Elite. Might not be the best tester but kid gets off the hash and can close distance on footballs you wouldn’t think is possible

I'm old enough to remember Ricky Jean Francouis (alledgely) not being admitted to UM for academic reasons. Yet he owns 15 Dunkin Donuts. Interesting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back