Rate Each Offensive Unit

It's not that they aren't helping the QB, it's that they aren't helping the RBs. If we had a legit run threat that would help the QB.
A better HB, Lingard, would help. What would help him a lot would be the D actually being afraid of the pass. I'm telling you now, that split second when the ball is snapped, if a D is scared of the pass it gives the HB an automatic advantage. It's that split second that our backs just aren't getting, because no one fears our downfield passing attack.

We will get there eventually. We have the talent, it's just not gelling yet.

Advertisement
A better HB, Lingard, would help. What would help him a lot would be the D actually being afraid of the pass. I'm telling you now, that split second when the ball is snapped, if a D is scared of the pass it gives the HB an automatic advantage. It's that split second that our backs just aren't getting, because no one fears our downfield passing attack.

We will get there eventually. We have the talent, it's just not gelling yet.

I don't disagree, each unit being good helps the others. That said, I just think the OL is our worst unit. They can't push SSU off the ball which is really, really bad. We should have been bullying that DL and it just didn't happen. Same as last year, the running yardage isn't bad because we break some big runs eventually, but there's no fear that we'll run for that first down. Other teams know we have to pass on 3rd and 3 or from the goal line because we can't push the DL back a yard.

But sht, I'd take a better QB who could mask the OL or a back who can make more out of what they give him. I think the OL is the biggest problem, but I'm open to anything that solves the problem.

Take a look at the below vid... You see alot of practical drills going on. Scenarios so guys know how and (more importantly) who to block, in different scenarios based on formation... I see the guys being taught the leverage they need to maintain, based on where the play is going. How to combo block a single lineman to get them off the ball quicker, before crawling up to the Backer, you see the Zone blocking being taught, etc... Just to name a few.

Anything on the HGH injections? Just asking.

Advertisement
Back