Rasta mike 247 2/5

Smith will be keeping those talents close to home in Coral Gables, becoming just the latest in a long line of Bulls-turned-Hurricanes.

-says "he best part is being able to put this whole recruiting process behind me,” “I’m ready to move on and use my talents at the college level. That’s the next step in my career and I’m taking it at Miami.”

Smith (6-2, 210), who’s official visit was on January17th, was recruited by linebackers coach Micheal Barrow and offensive coordinator James Coley.

Smith’s stock took off back in the spring and he committed to Miami on June 22nd.

-says“I really started thinking about recruiting in my junior year,” “I started getting all the offers after the season and I realized I could pick from a lot of good schools. I actually was worried about getting injured but it hasn’t really happened. I try to keep moving forward but it’s always been in the back of my mind.”

-feels like Miami’s success in 2014 might depend on how the veteran players mesh with the true freshmen.

-Says “I feel like the future of the program is moving in the right direction,” “If everybody who committed before stays with us today, then we can keep it going forward. We’ll have a lot of juniors and seniors on the team too, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Denzel Perryman is the leader and then I’m coming in with Chad Thomas, Demetrius Jackson, and Trent Harris. We can really help with the pass rush.”

-can relate to Al Golden’s leadership because it’s similar to what he has experienced at various points in his own career.

-says “Coach Golden is always preaching about the plan he has and I like that,” “I’ve never seen him break, he’s always trying to get things done at a steady pace. He’s a cool guy but he’s motivated enough to push the team. I grew up with coaches like that and it will be an easy transition.”

-It’s apparent from talking to Smith that he has a plan for his college experience both on and off the playing field.

-says “They’re getting a very self motivated player who’s never going to stop or quit,” “I fight through to be successful no matter what the situation is. A lot of guys get caught up in the party life but I have too many goals I want to accomplish. I’m not letting anything get in the way of finishing with my degree. I hope I’m blessed with a chance in the NFL but if not, I’ll find a career to provide for my family.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very underappreciated recruit IMO. My second favorite recruit behind Owens. Once he gets a couple years of strength training he's gonna be a problem.

One of the few players who I feel actually fit into the style of defense F.A.G. wants to run.

Advertisement
Vic Beasley clone!

We got bigger faster edge rushers, but none get to the QB like this kid

Advertisement
Adding players like this instantly improves your defense. Doesnt matter who the coordinator is or what the scheme is. He is better than AQM imo and that's saying a lot.

He's a sleeper cuz he was a heavy Cane lean for a long time and committed back in June.

Advertisement
-says “They’re getting a very self motivated player who’s never going to stop or quit,” “I fight through to be successful no matter what the situation is. A lot of guys get caught up in the party life but I have too many goals I want to accomplish. I’m not letting anything get in the way of finishing with my degree. I hope I’m blessed with a chance in the NFL but if not, I’ll find a career to provide for my family.”

This last paragraph says it all right here IMO. He's going to be special!

Advertisement
Back