Rasheem Green 247 Update

Defensive tackle Rasheem Green from Serra High in Gardena, California, hasn’t done a whole lot of recruiting related travel. A school probably needs to get Green on campus if they want any shot at landing him later. Miami seems to have figured that out and that is their primary goal.

-Says “I’ve been talking to Coach Jethro Franklin a lot through social media,” “He’s trying to get me out for ‘U’ Day on the 10th of August. He said it’s a recruiting event where they invite the elite guys and I guess they consider me a top player. I wasn’t surprised, they had told me before that I’m high on their board.”

-hasn’t written off the idea of making that trip. The biggest reason for that may be his curiosity to learn.

-Says “It could happen but I have to talk with my parents first because they have to pay for the flight,” “I don’t know much about how good of a school it is so I’m curious about that. There’s a lot more that I could learn about Miami.”

-22 of Green’s 23 current Crystal Ball Predictions forecast him to be a Trojan. Everybody expects him to stay local at the end of the day and he takes notice of all the assumptions.

-Says “That actually happens a lot, usually I don’t say anything back,” “Sometimes I don’t know how I’m supposed to respond. People will say ‘I heard you committed to USC’ and I’m not sure where they got that from. It doesn’t really bother me, it’s just because I go to Serra that they think I’m a lock.”

-Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, and USC highlight Green’s list of at least twenty offers. The Ducks are the only program he has seen outside his home state.

-has always taken a deliberate approach to the process and he described the times he enjoys it vs. the times it becomes too much.

-Says “I like knowing these coaches want me at their school and that’s a good feeling,” “Some people look up to me in a way and that’s pretty cool. The times I don’t enjoy are when I’m busy and several coaches ask me to call. It’s overwhelming but it’s also hard to say no. Sometimes I forget because I’m busy and then I feel bad about it later.”

-offered up two main factors that will help him differentiate between his plentiful selection of prestigious options.

-Says “One thing is a school that I would go to even if I wasn’t playing football,” “Another is where they want me to play in their scheme. I shouldn’t end up somewhere they’re going to switch my position. It really doesn’t matter how far it is as long as it feels like home. But I can’t judge anybody fully until I see more schools for myself.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Working-to-Get-DT-Rasheem-Green-On-Campus-29597131

Advertisement
6_2962863.jpg

Sounds like the type of kid who would really be surprised when he visits Miami. He considers us without knowing much. That's the type of outta nowhere guy you can make a big impression on.

“One thing is a school that I would go to even if I wasn’t playing football,” “Another is where they want me to play in their scheme. I shouldn’t end up somewhere they’re going to switch my position. It really doesn’t matter how far it is as long as it feels like home. But I can’t judge anybody fully until I see more schools for myself.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Working-to-Get-DT-Rasheem-Green-On-Campus-29597131

A scouting profile of Green from a few months ago says he "primarily plays the five tech defensive end position within his high school team's 3-4 defense."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...uting-report-three-technique-defensive-tackle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back