Rashad Fenton

Advertisement
He made 1 play. I was very impressed with him in HS but he has to do more then this to make me rip not getting him

That's 1 more than any of our DB's made last night

Yea I guess corn and burns have done nothing all year............

They've been pretty solid but it's not about that. A lot of times when people talk about DB's that we didn't sign someone always chimes in with "we've got Howard, Burns and Elder blah blah blah." But why wouldn't you want MORE guys of that caliber to challenge them and add depth? That's how we became dominant years ago. Right now Howard, Burns and Elder have been solid/serviceable but you could easily have guys like Fenton, Hoggins, Dowels, Q. Wilson, Moreau, Lammons, etc...on the same depth chart waiting in the wings.

Advertisement
btw, Carlton Davis is balling and starting for Auburn.

No one is balling for Auburn on that defense. Kid is getting lots of burn but lets not act like hes been even an average defender for them.

That is true but I look at it like this - that defense is littered with 4-5 star talented kids. That defense may be horrendous but at the end of the day, he beat out a lot of quality guys to start. That's all I'm saying.

Advertisement
John Battle got an INT the other day.

Staff said he was too slow to play here. His 110m hurdle time ranged from 14.10 to 14.50

Even if their initial plan was to move Gayot to LB, I don't think that Hester was/is faster than him.

Who else did we recruit at the position? I can only remember the safety from GA that signed with Missouri. He had a very impressive highlight video.

Last edited:
John Battle got an INT the other day.

Staff said he was too slow to play here. His 110m hurdle time ranged from 14.10 to 14.50

Even if their initial plan was to move Gayot to LB, I don't think that Hester was/is faster than him.

Who else did we recruit at the position? I can only remember the safety from UGA that signed with Missouri. He had a very impressive highlight video.

We were also recruiting Nick Glass but he didn't have the grades to qualify anywhere. Or he had off the field issues. Can't remember

We were planning on putting Trayone Gray at safety until mid way his senior year when they realized he should have the ball in his hands

Nick Glass was a cedrtified goon in atlanta...i dont think no one touched him in recruiting and he got kicked off his hs team.

Im with you guys i think we need to add more speed at safety.....and guys like Fenton, Moureau being here would be huge....that would of likley led to redshirting one of our current starters or creating big time comp...those guys obviously could play here.

Look at Redwine....they were on their death bed when they offered...an he is a kid that has impressed me on specials since day 1. Redwine will likely be a 2-3 year starter for us...i was calling for them to be all over Fenton since the spring of his jr year....

I hate our db coach ...in recruiting he definately doesnt fit in with s.fla kids.....and their evaluation of talent at db is so so...Guys like Mayes they were all over...imo he is a mid major type kid with size...their prerequisite on size its comical...when guys that they have that are outs tanding in their defense arent that prerequisite size. (for example Grace and Elder)

Advertisement
But guys like this, or Naytron Culpepper ain't Miami caliber. Our staff want to slow play or ignore these kinda dogs bc we're out chasing some diva who's clearly playing us for another school.

Sound recruiting strategy.

Advertisement
Back