Raphael Kirby...

Advertisement
kirby has to be one of the most overrated players to come through UM in recent memory.

It's amazing how "the most overrated football players" in recent Miami history have come under the watch of the two (2) worst football HCs in the past 30 years of UM football.

I wonder if there's any correlation ...???

kirby has to be one of the most overrated players to come through UM in recent memory. aside from looking good in a uniform, i dont know what he brought to the table.

Not trying to knock on him, hope he finds success in whatever field he pursues. football it wont be.

more overrated than Hamilton or Fortson?

kirby has to be one of the most overrated players to come through UM in recent memory. aside from looking good in a uniform, i dont know what he brought to the table.

Not trying to knock on him, hope he finds success in whatever field he pursues. football it wont be.

"Glue hands" Johnson was wayyyy more overrated than Hamilton and Forston. IMO

I think it's hard to say he was overrated when he played for Al Golden and Mark Donofrio, the two biggest losers in college coaching. To me Kirby is the perfect example of a player who got royally screwed in terms of his NFL prospects by playing for that pair of quislings. I thought the kid could play coming out of HS. He got to UM and they bloated him up to a point where his quickness and agility were completely neutralized. Then there's the abortion of a scheme he was forced to play in which of course he was never suited for. Put those two factors together then mix in a knee injury and the kid never had a chance. I'm not saying Kirby was necessarily going to be an AA but he was far from a Jag coming in. Thanks Al! You worthless waste of *****.

Advertisement
Yeah, again, figured that after the season (if healthy) he could have gone to a camp to gain quickness and lose useless weight, to the point that he'd make a 95 man team. ****, for Artie to be a 1st rounder under that scheme he must be Superman in real life. All them kids got f**ked by Gluten and Dorito.

Will be curious to see if he gets a shot.

Ehhh, it's not like Kirby was really that overweight. He played at 235 in 2015.

explain how they could have redshirted Kirby? There was no one else to play. I was at the UVA game and at one point we had 5-6 true frosh playing and that was without Bush because he was injured. We looked like a bunch of smurfs out there compared to UVA.

Advertisement
explain how they could have redshirted Kirby? There was no one else to play. I was at the UVA game and at one point we had 5-6 true frosh playing and that was without Bush because he was injured. We looked like a bunch of smurfs out there compared to UVA.

Kirby only played 7 games as a true freshman. IMO, it would have been easy to red-shirt him.

The D would have been no worse if we had just stayed with:

Jimmy Gaines
Denzel Perryman
Eddie Johnson
Gionni Paul
Thurston Armbrister

We also moved Kelvin Cain from LB to DL.

Kirby and Gabe Terry should have been "shirted", IMO.

Redshirting bad players doesn't really help anything. The 3 freshmens LBs are already better players than Kirby ever was.

Redshirting bad players doesn't really help anything. The 3 freshmens LBs are already better players than Kirby ever was.

Meh...sometimes a good player will benefit from a year of (competent) S & C, and coaching. Sadly, redshirting under Gluten and Dorito is basically ****ing in the wind.

Fortson was injured the majority of his time here. The irony of it all is that we haven't had a DT since his departure that matched his 2010 season. Hamilton just didn't have it but at least Kirby started. He was just an average starting linebacker which is good.

Advertisement

Kirby only played 7 games as a true freshman. IMO, it would have been easy to red-shirt him.

The D would have been no worse if we had just stayed with:

Jimmy Gaines
Denzel Perryman
Eddie Johnson
Gionni Paul
Thurston Armbrister

We also moved Kelvin Cain from LB to DL.

Kirby and Gabe Terry should have been "shirted", IMO.

3 of those guys were on NFL roster last year, with Denzel and Thurston starting by the end of the year.

Kirby was a better than average college linebacker and became a non entity as a prospect because he got injured. Even the camp fodder on an NFL roster is still the best of the best. Pedigree only gets you so far. Eventually you have to just be a better player than the guys in front of you, and right now, Kirby is not, particularly since scouts can't even see him run.

Another victim to Golden's weight gain to 16% plus body fat for LB's. So disgusting except for OL or DT for normal programs such as ours now TG.
That was a guaranteed way to tear up your body at LB with weight and fat. I would give all the UM LBs 2 years in an NFL program to see the real value. If Armbrister can make the Jags then Kirby can make it somewhere. He's no Perryman but he tackles well. That'll get you a job on Sunday.

Advertisement
Back