Raphael Kirby senior season highlights

Problem2

All-American
Premium
[video=youtube;LbFDU8v1EpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbFDU8v1EpU[/video]

Beast

Advertisement
Wow, what an animal out there. His sideline to sideline speed was so impressive, and he hits like a truck. Looking forward to seeing Mr Kirby here.

Advertisement
That play at 3:15 where he just side steps the block and makes the tackle at the Los is great

Advertisement
Anyone who thought Keith Brown was even remotely near this kid in terms of talent just stop watching football.

Pros- The 4.66 speed and 39 inch vertical jump from the Nike combine seem to be legit. Gets to top speed in a hurry. Good size. Seemed to diagnose well, although it is a highlight reel. Comes from a high profile program.

Cons- Not a forceful tackler-- would live to see more flexibility and pop at the point of attack. A bit stiff changing directions. Shortish.

Overall, like what I see.

Anyone who thought Keith Brown was even remotely near this kid in terms of talent just stop watching football.

Both guys are the same to me. They tested very similarly at the NIKE event in Oregon. Big, fast, stout players who don't have the elite change of direction.

Advertisement
LMAO at these videos these days, kid strait dubbed the wide world of sports over his clips.

D$.....CRITIQUE ME

I dont know the first thing about breaking down film on a recruit, but I played MLB in HS so here is what I see.

Kid, doesn't shy away from contact, but he doesn't seek it out either, I would love for him to get the the ball sooner and with more authority. Looks slow on tape, can't tell if that is an atribute to his diagnosis skills or what. Seems technically sound, doesnt miss a tackle, always wraps on the first hit. Leads from the position which is critical at Mike.

I don't know, I think Gionni has more upside. Kirby looks like he has the head, but Paul looks like he has the instinct. At Mike, you want a guy who is more heady, but I just love Gionni's aggression. Kirby seems to lack that.

What do you think D$?

Advertisement
D$.....CRITIQUE ME

I dont know the first thing about breaking down film on a recruit, but I played MLB in HS so here is what I see.

No need for me to critique, brother. I never played MIKE (or much besides special teams) in high school, so I'm certainly not going to knock your opinion. I agree.

The only thing I disagree on is that I do see straight-line speed in those clips. Not so much quickness, but he can get geared up in a hurry.

Both guys are the same to me. They tested very similarly at the NIKE event in Oregon. Big, fast, stout players who don't have the elite change of direction.

IMO Kirby can excel at any LB position. He just makes plays whereas Brown just hasn't impressed me at all this year. I think Kirby is the much better football player.

I love Kirby but don't kid yourself. Brown has all the tools to be a great one. would love to have him in this class as well.

Advertisement
Back