Raphael "Head Busta" Kirby

Don't forget Gionni Paul. I think it is starting to come together for him and I expect him to be a big contributor at LB this year. It would not surprise me at all to see a starting trio of Kirby, Perryman and Paul by mid season at the latest.

Not unless buchanon and gaines go down...

Advertisement
No one talks about Witt either. He won't contribute right away but when (IF! he gains 20-30 lbs he will be a monster if his skillset continues to grow. He's a high motor, big hitter as well.

I feel like a lot of D1 LBs come out of high school with the same traits (big hitter, high motor), though.

Just don't need anymore Jordan Futch's... lol

Good young LB talent rollin' in. DP and Kirby will indeed be Head Busta's! Looks like the LB depth is coming along nicely. Speaking tough nicknames, we need to see what Ramon "Cookie" Buchanon can accomplish this fall. To me he was the second best LB last year behind DP until the injury. Don't sleep on Josh Witt!

Good young LB talent rollin' in. DP and Kirby will indeed be Head Busta's! Looks like the LB depth is coming along nicely. Speaking tough nicknames, we need to see what Ramon "Cookie" Buchanon can accomplish this fall. To me he was the second best LB last year behind DP until the injury. Don't sleep on Josh Witt!

Second best LB behind DP... are u serious... get out of here... and what was Sean Spence doing... smh... u just talking to talk... get out of here... smh

Advertisement

Second best LB behind DP... are u serious... get out of here... and what was Sean Spence doing... smh... u just talking to talk... get out of here... smh
Not sure why I wasn't think of Spence when I wrote that. Caught up with this years roster. My bad. Didn't mean to upset the laptop thugs out there!

God it feels good to finally have a strong group of young linebackers. Perryman is a stud and probably the best player we have on defense if not the team. Gaines is serviceable and is still getting acclimated so he could still improve some. Gionni Paul looked way better in the spring game. Eddie Johnson looked improved. Even Cornelius was moving around and making plays. Then you throw in Kirby who I thought looked great in the spring game and we seem to be stacked at LB for the next few seasons. Not to mention we still have Witt, Buchanon for one more season, Blue and Terry.

Gaines IMO needs to step up. He played a majority of 2011 at MLB and had no impact plays at all.

Maybe one TFL, no sacks, no INTs, no FFs, no FR. I think the most tackles in a game for him was 7. Some of that had to do with scheme but sheesh, for a starting LB that isn't going to cut it. Perryman in the middle will make a big difference. I think by the 3rd game it will be Buchanon/Perryman/Paul with Gaines, Kirby, and Johnson getting the rest of the burn. Cornelius for Kirby if he hasn't earned the PT at that point.

SO it looks as if Miami has the competition part back in place at LB'er. Need some head rattlers out there.

Advertisement
I don't see Kirby starting this year unless injuries take their toll. I like Kirby, but I think the guys in front are ready to really do big things this year - Johnson/Cornelius/Gaines/Perryman. Paul might be up for it too. Now I left out Buchanon cause I think he'll end up getting passed by others if he plays like he has in the past. If he steps up too then even better.

ultimately, no rush for Kirby. First time in a while LB looks loaded.

Buchanon definately will start....the kid is our fastest backer...........and can get sideline to sideline with ease....also he has finally added some weight..and i believe is up to 225 or so.

Cookie/Perriman/ Gaines....are likely our starters.....second team i believe will be....Cornelius(kid looked real good/Paul/ Johnson or Cain(dont know if he is a full time de)....Kirby definately sees the field....and another incoming lb i belive will to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirby starting before the season's over. I'd agree the opening game starters are likely Perryman, Buchanon and Gaines. Cookie gets hurt enough I won't bet on him staying on the field, and it's not like he's dominated when he's been on the field. A bunch of the next guys are ready to take a step forward, be they Kirby, Paul, Cornileus.... Cain is being set up as a rush backer/end. If he's playing LB on all downs, someone else didn't show up.

Advertisement
Buchanan belongs on the weakside. Unfortunately so did Spence, so we had no choice but to have Buch play strongside. I think given the chance, he might finally shine in his proper position.

Advertisement
Back