"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
5DCD33D2-9D38-4F57-9EEE-F66E53538FC7.png

Attachments

• 6CFC3574-6B86-4AB5-875B-DABC5B16440D.png
    6CFC3574-6B86-4AB5-875B-DABC5B16440D.png
    576.2 KB · Views: 68
Advertisement
D1 Baseball has UM at #17 while USA Today has Miami at #19 and UNC at #18 which makes no sense after sweeping them.

Some of the ranking are just a head scratcher. ND is still ranked #12-#16 despite losing 4 straight ACC games. They probably would have lost more games if they weren't canceled due to weather.

Meanwhile FSU, is ranked as high as #5 despite losing on Sunday and having a worse conference record as the Canes with 1 more loss and 1 less win overall. Miami is tied for the 2rd best ACC record with Virginia, but are the 5th highest ranked ACC team (6th in USA Today). There really seems to be some bias opinions among coaches as most of the polls are made up of college coaches.

The Canes just need to take care of business and keep winning. They need to sweep Duke and then get 2/3 in a big series against Virginia the following week.

I really dislike the baseball polls. However, this will NOT be the basis for hosting regionals and super regionals. Conference standing and RPI will. Just keep winning!!!!

Last edited:
D1 Baseball has UM at #17 while USA Today has Miami at #19 and UNC at #18 which makes no sense after sweeping them.

Some of the ranking are just a head scratcher. ND is still ranked #12-#16 despite losing 4 straight ACC games. They probably would have lost more games if they weren't canceled due to weather.

Meanwhile FSU, is ranked as high as #5 despite losing on Sunday and having a worse conference record as the Canes with 1 more loss and 1 less win overall. Miami is tied for the 2rd best ACC record with Virginia, but are the 5th highest ranked ACC team (6th in USA Today). There really seems to be some bias opinions among coaches as most of the polls are made up of college coaches.

The Canes just need to take care of business and keep winning. They need to sweep Duke and then get 2/3 in a big series against Virginia the following week.

I really dislike the baseball polls. However, this will be the basis for hosting regionals and super regionals. Just keep winning!!!!
The good news is that the Committee still relies predominantly on RPI vs subjective rankings, despite some recent years' over-reliance on conference tourney results.

I really dislike the baseball polls. However, this will be the basis for hosting regionals and super regionals. Just keep winning!!!!
The polls have no bearing on post-season seeding. There are only two things to worry about: RPI and conference standings.

Advertisement
Rankings on every sport rely too much on where you start pre season.
Is like the voters hate admitting they were wrong so they drop teams little by little no matter how the season plays out.
And if you start out low in the rankings it'll take a lot to raise in them.

Advertisement
This weekend is the first real test against a Top 25 RPI team, since it appears UNC was over-rated and we're a different team from the UF series.

Love that the guys are playing loose and w a lot of confidence right now. Let's keep it going.

Advertisement
Can someone help me understand how Notre Dame's RPI is better than Miami's?

Also, the series next weekend against VT could be interesting given how well they are playing at the moment.

Can someone help me understand how Notre Dame's RPI is better than Miami's?

Also, the series next weekend against VT could be interesting given how well they are playing at the moment.
I suspect being a northern team, they play a lot of road games in the first half of the season and the formula puts a premium on road wins, if I recall. I've watched some of their games - they are good. They don't beat themselves and their bullpen is deep.

Advertisement
I hope this team can put all together and win it all this year. Making the tournament has never been a problem it’s just making out of the regional has been problems for a long time. Never the less let’s go Canes!

Advertisement
Back