Rankings

Florida vs A&M tonight is massive for both. Auburn and Louisville losing leaves the door open for A&M top 8 and UF can still get into top 16. If UVA goes 0-2 they might lose their host spot.
As distasteful as it is, we need to be rooting for UF this morning vs A&M. If A&M gets to the SEC Championship game, they could steal our spot if we were to lose Friday. And it wouldn't bother me if UF grabbed a top 16 host.

Advertisement
As distasteful as it is, we need to be rooting for UF this morning vs A&M. If A&M gets to the SEC Championship game, they could steal our spot if we were to lose Friday. And it wouldn't bother me if UF grabbed a top 16 host.
A&M is already top 8 in all the projections I’ve seen. I don’t think ya’ll realize how weak the field is after 8.

Advertisement
Tennessee has been dominant, but there’s a reason why the #1 overall seed has finished without a championship for 21 straight years. It’s not easy to play at that level all the way through the tournament.

Tennessee has been dominant, but there’s a reason why the #1 overall seed has finished without a championship for 21 straight years. It’s not easy to play at that level all the way through the tournament.
True but I can’t remember a year where the gap between 1 and everybody else was this big.

Advertisement
It reminds me of 1988 when Oklahoma State had the best team ever and didn’t make it out of their own regional.
This Tennessee team reminds me of the 03 Rice team that finished the season 48-10, then went on a great run in the tournament beating Wichita ST, Houston, Texas & then beat Stanford for the CWS.

I agree that the #1 seeds are almost always going to lose in the tournament, but Tenn’s pitching staff is just way too deep with great arms to be overcome by the field IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
14th in the final BA rankings

25th in Collegiate Baseball

20th in the Coaches Poll

Last edited:

20th in the Coaches Poll

Baseball America have us too high to end the season. The latter two polls r more accurate.

20th in the Coaches Poll

Barely losing two tight games in the regional, one to eventual national champ Ole Miss probably helped prop us up when they were splitting hairs.

Advertisement
Back