Rankings Bump

chreess1

Freshman
How often does 247 sports/rivals/ESPN update players rankings on their respective sites? Who do you expect to receive a rankings bump by the time NSD comes?

Advertisement
I believe they do it at the conclusion of HS season. In terms of our guys and their respective rankings getting bumps, I'd like to think that Harvey and Crowley are in line to get a bump as both are 3 stars. Sam Brooks is another one who'll easily be a 4 star. He's only a 3 star because he tore his ACL in October.

Holly, Harvey, Munoz, Brooks and Crowley should all move up. Other 3 stars that need really great seasons to move are: Brownlee, Good, Hodges, Daxon and Eguakun.

IMO Harvey most likely will get a bump to 4 star in the next update for Rivals... per the latest right up from Woody Wommack on Paradise.

Edit - just checked Brownlee's ranking and he's on the cusp of 4 star as well.... highest 3 star CB per rivals

Last edited:
Should be near locks to end up as 4*
Crowley
Harvey

Could become 4* guys with a good year
Brownlee
Holley (he'll get a lot of attention being on that loaded team in GA)
Brooks (he's obviously a 4/5* talent, just depends on how he comes back from the knee)
Nunn (assuming he's a Cane in the end)

Advertisement
They usually do one at the beginning of the season after the camps and such, then one after the season and then a final after all star games.

I think most likely Cam Williams, Harvey, Crowley and Brooks should all get bumped to 4-stars with the seasons we all expect them to have.

I think our underrated guys like Munoz, Brownlee and Good will get re-evaluated during the season now that they're committed to Miami as well. Not sure if getting into the 4-star range is on the table for them, but I expect them all to get rated higher.

I’ve been calling it for months , Crowley will have an insane Sr year.

As for Sam Brooks , I care less if he moves up.....he’s a five star no matter what the stupid rankings say.

Don't really care about stars but for those who do, I like us to end up with equal or more "Blue Chip" recruits than we did for the 18 class

Advertisement
Of course, you realize that any of the above-mentioned will get an automatic one-star bump up should they decommit from Miami.

That's the way things work...or at least used to.

Of course, you realize that any of the above-mentioned will get an automatic one-star bump up should they decommit from Miami.

That's the way things work...or at least used to.
I don't really see that anymore. We had a great class last year. And when we were getting bad classes in the past we sucked, so if they dropped a star from our guys then I guess they were right to do so.

Advertisement
Back