Ranking the units on the team from best to worst

rok

Great Poster
RB - Duke, Yearby, Tucker are playing very well
QB - Kaaya is impressing. Love that guy. He'll be ready for Lane Stadium.
WR - Dorsett, Walford, Waters, Berrios, Lewis, Coley are all chipping in
OL - Performed well since Gadbois/McDermott injuries
K/P - Badgley and Vogel have been steady
LB - Run fits and tackling need work but individually guys have performed better than last year
DB - major disappointment all around
DL - horrible scheme is to blame but we need more people. Would be nice if Chad and Wyche begin to emerge.

Advertisement
LB - Run fits and tackling need work but individually guys have performed better than last year
DL - horrible scheme is to blame but we need more people. Would be nice if Chad and Wyche begin to emerge.

Not sure what you are basing this off of. Playing 2 of the worst defenses isn't saying much.

Lets see how they do against the VT front 7.

I agree. Would prob put TE right under QB based on Walford's production alone. He's ballin

Not sure what you are basing this off of. Playing 2 of the worst defenses isn't saying much.

I'm basing this off their performance since Gadbois/McDermott were injured. What else would I be basing this off?

Advertisement
Walford coming back will certainly increase his draft status. Hey Al, look at how nice it is to have that redshirt year

I'm basing this off their performance since Gadbois/McDermott were injured. What else would I be basing this off?

Fair enough. I'm being nitpicky with your use of the word "well". I would have said adequate.

The DB mediocrity is just absolutely maddening given the physical talent we have there.

Advertisement
It is hard to rank any unit when the coaching is atrocious. Is this staff maximizing the talent on the roster.

Is it possible that instead of always blaming the coaches,we have some very over rated players
in particular the DB's.The coaches have to play them far off the line because there slow to react,
they are poor at tackling except for Burns.
Would like to see a scrimmage between OL and DL and how Dorsett and Walford constantly kept
burning the DB's.Dorito may not be a good DC,but he knew going into the season they had unsolved
problems.Howard,Carter,Crawford may have been 4star HS,but they they are not that in college.

Is it possible that instead of always blaming the coaches,we have some very over rated players
in particular the DB's.The coaches have to play them far off the line because there slow to react,
Would like to see a scrimmage between OL and DL and how Dorsett and Walford constantly kept
burning the DB's.Dorito may not be a good DC,but he knew going into the season they had unsolved
problems.Howard,Carter,Crawford may have been 4star HS,but they they are not that in college.

It all reverts back to this staff, they recruited these kids, they can't coach them up, and the scheme doesn't highlight their skill sets.

Advertisement

So the area in the nation that produces the most talented DBs is SFL and you don't want to blame the coaches for picking the wrong ones? I personally think it's development and not scouting. How else would you explain Deon Bush and Howard regressing yearly?

On one hand you say "hey, they haven't played anyone yet" otoh, you want to see how they fare against one of the top defenses in the country. I understand you're trying to get a larger body of work, but to be honest, using the VT as a measuring stick won't give you the conclusions you're looking for, IMO.

Advertisement
WR - Stacy Coley aside, this unit has stepped up major and are a big part of the reason for Kaaya success.
RB - Yeah, Duke is Duke and Yearby already has elite agility and quickness. I wanna break **** when Duke gets 10 or 12 carries.
TE - Walford has stepped up huge and is another big help for Kaaya. Hope he keeps it up and gets into the NFL.
QB - Kaaya is gunna be special but he still has some kinks to work out.
LB - Denzel gunna Denzel but Armbrister has been making plays. Also like how Grace has played.
OL - They have improved since the Louisville game but still not impressed. They just don't take control.
Special teams - The athletes Miami has and has had you kind of expect some returns, this unit has been a huge disappointment.
DL - Not a lot you can do when your asked to play pattycake.
DB - I like Gunter at safety but this unit has been the single biggest disappointment. I mean what the **** are these guys doing out there?

Wyche doesn't inspire much confidence, looking at his frame and the way he moves around out there.

Not complicated. If we land highly rated guys out of high school they'll be our best guys. Moten shows the most promise of any of the newcomers.

If we continue to fail at defensive tackle recruiting and pretend patchwork signees are nearly as good, that unit will remain our weakness and regulate the defense.

The defensive backs looked worse from the stands than in the TV version. I watched the tape two nights ago. While it captured the handful of missed interception opportunities, those chances were far more routine than the announcers allowed or the camera angle indicated. At least two of them could have been fair catches but somehow the players either froze in their tracks or failed to locate the ball. I think it was Carter on the right center and Howard along the left sideline. Fans near me were laughing after both of those plays.

I think all of our units, for the most part, have played fairly well all things considered. The only group I have a serious issue with is..

The DBs - At this point, I am really trying to think of one guy on that unit who hasnt lost all of their confidence. Maybe Elder and Gunter..You can tell Burns is holding on for dear life..But the rest just dont look confident or comfortable out there. Carter, Bush, Howard, and the Crawford boys just dont look like they are 100% certain of what to do from down to down. Its like we neutered these guys. I am not seeing the Dallas Crawford I heard about in the Spring or Fall ball. Antonio Crawford balled out in Fall ball..What happen to him?

Someone needs to lose their job for this. And if it has to be Paul Williams so be it. These guys are just as talented as any other secondary. Jamal Carter looks like an average player right now and I have to attribute that to this scheme. It would be a crying shame if we didnt get all we could out of these guys..Smh.

Advertisement
Back