Ranking of ACC position groups

Advertisement
You serious? They run an option offense, and he's a very effective QB for their offense.

He set the single season QB rushing record at GT. Nobody is saying he's a good thrower, but yikes if you don't realize the QB position at GT is about running the triple-option

Wasn't aware they ran a triple option. Must have missed that. Hale is ranking the position of QB overall, not in the context of each teams offense. NC State QB should be way higher if that is the case he didnt throw a pick until like week 8 and only 6 on the year in "their offense". The QB position is about more than throwing the ball 4 times a game. He's a glorified running back plain and simple. Funny you see them listed at 6 in the run category when they lead the league in rushing pretty much every year. Shouldn't that be higher because of "their offense"? They are efficient runners right? Again, hacks at ESPN that don't know what they are even measuring.

Oh and PS, Rosier set the single season passing TDs record at Miami last year. So in "their offense" Rosier was pretty good too, no?

Last edited:
No way we have better TE with 2 unproven freshman and nothing else. Also they have better DBS.
No they don’t.

They don’t have a better corner or safety than mike Jackson and Jaquan. Clemson has recruited well at dline/oline, qb, rb, receiver but not that well everywhere else. The db position is considerably behind the areas they recruit well at

If Boston College is so talented, why can't they ever win more than 7 games? Is Al Golden their coach?

Wasn't aware they ran a triple option. Must have missed that. Hale is ranking the position of QB overall, not in the context of each teams offense. NC State QB should be way higher if that is the case he didnt throw a pick until like week 8 and only 6 on the year in "their offense". The QB position is about more than throwing the ball 4 times a game. He's a glorified running back plain and simple. Funny you see them listed at 6 in the run category when they lead the league in rushing pretty much every year. Shouldn't that be higher because of "their offense"? They are efficient runners right? Again, hacks at ESPN that don't know what they are even measuring.

Oh and PS, Rosier set the single season passing TDs record at Miami last year. So in "their offense" Rosier was pretty good too, no?
say huh?

sarcasm??

Advertisement
If Boston College is so talented, why can't they ever win more than 7 games? Is Al Golden their coach?
I think this is the most talent they have had in a while, so that's why this upcoming seasons expectation are high. But otherwise I agree with you

Advertisement
I think this is the most talent they have had in a while, so that's why this upcoming seasons expectation are high. But otherwise I agree with you

"most talent they've had in a while" means they might actually squeeze out 8 whole wins this year.

"most talent they've had in a while" means they might actually squeeze out 8 whole wins this year.
I mean you might be right, I don't know. I know they got 5 road hogs up front and a stud RB, but the D is still BC level

I think Hale's rankings are pretty accurate. The defensive side of the ball is where we have the most proven players/position groups. I think we have more talent on the offensive side of the ball, but most of it is unproven. Hale's rankings reflect the previous two statements.

The lowest he ranked a position group on the defensive side of the ball, is 3rd (D-line), which happens to be our most unproven position group on that side of the ball. He ranked our WR group 4th, on the other side. I would not trade our WR's for any other teams' WR group in the country, let alone conference. However, outside of Richards, everyone of our WR's are virtually unknowns, outside of our fan base.

The irony of the situation, is we have won 5 championship's with a core of players that were unproven talents and virtually unknowns.

Any WR group, in the COUNTRY?????

WHOA, I can't put us ahead of the likes of West Virginia/OU/Ole Miss. We may have the "ability", but we aren't ahead of them at this point

Advertisement

If you want to ignore reality, that's fine. Their talent should be obvious from these rankings. Even a 10 year old would think its dumb to just assume they suck because they're BC. They have 6-7 NFL draft picks starting on D, including 2-3 preseason All-Americans, their entire OL will probably play in the NFL, they have a stud RB, and they have a promising QB.

Very interesting. Clemson does not fall outside the Top 4 in any category. UM's deficiencies are at QB, OL, and ST.

Also, given the high ranking for our RBs, you would hope that if our OL can "outperform" that ranking, that it would have some benefit on the QB position. ST stands on its own, I would imagine we need better returns and for sophomore Feagles to take a big step forward in his punting consistency.

Another factor is the placekicker is a true freshman who was not an early arrival on campus.

Any WR group, in the COUNTRY?????

WHOA, I can't put us ahead of the likes of West Virginia/OU/Ole Miss. We may have the "ability", but we aren't ahead of them at this point
Bolded, is my point. I never said that our WR's were ahead of other teams, I said, "I would not trade our WR's for any other WR group in the country"

Advertisement
Bolded, is my point. I never said that our WR's were ahead of other teams, I said, "I would not trade our WR's for any other WR group in the country"

I would, WVU is LOADED @ WR, check out their returning #s. But I hear you, we have the ability to be a top 5-10 unit overall if we reach our potential

If you want to ignore reality, that's fine. Their talent should be obvious from these rankings. Even a 10 year old would think its dumb to just assume they suck because they're BC. They have 6-7 NFL draft picks starting on D, including 2-3 preseason All-Americans, their entire OL will probably play in the NFL, they have a stud RB, and they have a promising QB.

Lmaoo

Advertisement
Back