Ranking of ACC position groups

Advertisement
lol at GT, Duke, and Syracuse having better QB groups, as well as L'ville and NCSU having better receivers. Just straight up B.S.

NC St has stud WRs. We might have more raw talent, but Meyers and Harmon have both produced at a very high level

Advertisement
From David Hale at ESPN, who is usually pretty informed

What stands out to me the most is how loaded BC is. Stud RB, maybe the best OL in the country outside Bama and Wisconsin, and a bunch of NFL talent on D.

Very interesting. Clemson does not fall outside the Top 4 in any category. UM's deficiencies are at QB, OL, and ST.

Also, given the high ranking for our RBs, you would hope that if our OL can "outperform" that ranking, that it would have some benefit on the QB position. ST stands on its own, I would imagine we need better returns and for sophomore Feagles to take a big step forward in his punting consistency.

What in the actual eff is this guy smoking with GT ahead of us in QB. I quit looking at the rest after I saw that. Because they throw it 5 times a game and he completes 3 they have a more efficient passing game? GTFOH! This is why people hammer ESPN and their hack analysts.

I know Clemson and Miami’s roster both really well.

How I rank rooms.

QB-Clemson
RB-Miami
TE-Miami
WR-Miami
OL-Clemson
DL-Clemson
LB-Miami
DB-Miami

The QB position and lines of scrimmage are what separates the two.
I think This is really accurate although they do have quite a few studs at receiver (tee Higgins, derion kendrick, Justyn Ross and others). Miami is still deeper at the spot though

Advertisement
What in the actual eff is this guy smoking with GT ahead of us in QB. I quit looking at the rest after I saw that. Because they throw it 5 times a game and he completes 3 they have a more efficient passing game? GTFOH! This is why people hammer ESPN and their hack analysts.

You serious? They run an option offense, and he's a very effective QB for their offense.

He set the single season QB rushing record at GT. Nobody is saying he's a good thrower, but yikes if you don't realize the QB position at GT is about running the triple-option

How I rank rooms.

QB-Clemson
RB-Miami
TE-Miami
WR-Miami
OL-Clemson
DL-Clemson
LB-Miami
DB-Miami

The real issue here is they are better on both Lines and at QB , and not just a little better, they are FAR better. Those are the 2 most important units and the most important position. So even though the score is 3 Clemson, 5 Miami, that really isn't accurate. When we close that gap we can play for a NC.

How I rank rooms.

QB-Clemson
RB-Miami
TE-Miami
WR-Miami
OL-Clemson
DL-Clemson
LB-Miami
DB-Miami

No way we have better TE with 2 unproven freshman and nothing else. Also they have better DBS.

Advertisement
You serious? They run an option offense, and he's a very effective QB for their offense.

He set the single season QB rushing record at GT. Nobody is saying he's a good thrower, but yikes if you don't realize the QB position at GT is about running the triple-option

Agree, GT there is another game that we better watch out for. All these folks predicting 11,12 win seasons, forget there's a depth of talent in the conference now.

Nice attempt by Hale. Good graphic with a few holes I'd poke at, but overall he's about right. I think we have the best roster in the ACC next to Clemson. Didn't realize BC was a stacked as they are.

Next year with the 2019 class, we should be neck and neck with Clemson's talent across the board, and hopefully we can prove this on the field.

Agree, GT there is another game that we better watch out for. All these folks predicting 11,12 win seasons, forget there's a depth of talent in the conference now.

There isn't a "bad' team in the conference this year. There's a lot of decent teams with a lot of variability. Then Clemson is elite. Us, and then probably BC/FSU/VT a little lower

There really isn't an Illinois, Kansas, Rutgers, or Oregon St that you can just treat like a G5 team

Advertisement
The one thing I like about this is that our lowest rated positions have the potential to be significantly better than expected, granted some of our highest could also be worse, but I think the chances are less likely.

There isn't a "bad' team in the conference this year. There's a lot of decent teams with a lot of variability. Then Clemson is elite. Us, and then probably BC/FSU/VT a little lower

There really isn't an Illinois, Kansas, Rutgers, or Oregon St that you can just treat like a G5 team

Only three teams don't have at least one position group in the top four, two of those being GT & Pitt and we know what happened in those games.

The main thing that makes me feel a little better about BC is that we have 13 days to get ready for it and there's not a big game the week after. Should be relatively healthy/fresh, prepared, and not looking ahead. But they're gonna be pretty decent this year. AJ Dillon is a grown man.

I think NC St is going to surprise some people this season. Outside of Clemson and us they may have more talent than any other ACC team. They got some WRs, a QB and a good O-Line.

Advertisement
Back