Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

My position has never been that Rosier was great or that he played great in all games.

He played well enough to get us a win in situations Kaaya never was able to.

And I smashed that nonsense to bits by proving that the situations were not remotely similar for you to be making such comparisons.

Kaaya played a lot better and lost because his teams weren't as good.

Rosier was able to play like crap and win because he had a better team.

Advertisement
Many times, Brad Kaaya had the ball in his hands on a final drive where his play would mean the difference between winning and losing...and we lost every time that ever happened. We never won a single game in that situation.

And I smashed that nonsense to bits by proving that the situations were not remotely similar for you to be making such comparisons.

Kaaya played a lot better and lost because his teams weren't as good.

Rosier was able to play like crap and win because he had a better team.

We had 9 guys drafted after the 2016 season. We had plenty of talent to not lose to FSU and UNC at home.

Many times, Brad Kaaya had the ball in his hands on a final drive where his play would mean the difference between winning and losing...and we lost every time that ever happened. We never won a single game in that situation.

Oh like in 2016 against UNC on the last drive when he fumbled the ball on a sack because he had zero pocket awareness? Good times.

We had 9 guys drafted after the 2016 season. We had plenty of talent to not lose to FSU and UNC at home.

Oh like in 2016 against UNC on the last drive when he fumbled the ball on a sack because he had zero pocket awareness? Good times.

I can understand saying we should beat FSu but that UNC team was loaded with offensive talent and the number one draft pick.

In the UNC game Trevor Darling was instantly beat at the snap for the strip sack.

Last edited:
Name these QBs and the season:

QB#1 -- 3120 yards passing, 26 TDs, 14 ints, 54%, 468 rushing, 5 TDs. TOTAL 3,588 yards 31 TDs

QB#2 -- 2652 yards passing, 23 TDs, 9 ints, 57% 3 rushing 0 Tds. TOTAL 2,655 yards 23 TDs.

Advertisement
I love him.gif

Everyone has their favorite QB for whatever reasons.....I seriously doubt that anyone else will change that for them

This mindset completely ignores that MANY times, Kaaya had the ball in his hand with a chance to win the game, but he failed EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Kaaya only had the ball in his hands with a chance to win because of how good he was on those nights.

Against FSU in 2015, the defense gave up 539 yards. Everett frickin' Golson was 25 of 33 for 291 yards and had 160 rating. Dalvin Cook had 25 touches for 269 yards and 3 TDs.

If those numbers would've been put up against a Malik Rosier led team then good riddance. We have no chance to win.

Name these QBs and the season:

QB#1 -- 3120 yards passing, 26 TDs, 14 ints, 54%, 468 rushing, 5 TDs. TOTAL 3,588 yards 31 TDs

QB#2 -- 2652 yards passing, 23 TDs, 9 ints, 57% 3 rushing 0 Tds. TOTAL 2,655 yards 23 TDs.

Rosier and Dorsey.

And completely irrelevant given that Rosier should be compared to the average QB in 2017 and not one in 2001.

The statistics for those eras aren't comparable.

If I was dishonest like you I could make Stephen Morris look way better than Bernie Kosar. But as you know, I'm not.

Last edited:
Kaaya only had the ball in his hands with a chance to win because of how good he was on those nights.

Yeah, but what happened?

Also, not one time was it a credit to the defense for causing a turnover, 3 and out, or special teams giving him good field position? Kaaya was always in those situations based solely on his ability?

Advertisement
Rosier and Dorsey.

And completely irrelevant given that Rosier should be compared to the average QB in 2017 and not one in 2001.

The statistics for those eras aren't comparable.

If I was dishonest list you I could make Stephen Morris look way better than Bernie Kosar. But as you know, I'm not.
FOH.

Football ain't changed so much since 2001 that 8 TDs and 1000 yards is no longer significant. You must be the dumbest person alive if you think anybody believes that.

Had we not lost to Pitt and made it to the playoffs, Malik Rosier would be being heralded as one of the all time greats at Miami.

He's not and Dorsey is because he lost and Dorsey won. Winning matters. It's the only thing that matters.

Then why did we get shredded for 407 yards and 461 yards respectively? Why did we give up 69% completions and 145.0 rating combined in those games?

I'm tired of talent arguments.

Rosier's team was better than any that Kaaya played on. And Kaaya's best team (2016) still got absolutely shredded defensively against FSU, UNC, ND and VT.

Yeah, but what happened?

He played lights out all game just to get the chance to have the ball last.

Rosier sucks balls for 3.5 quarters and stumbles into having the ball last.

Then when he gets miracle catches against 5-6 teams (like GT) you want to claim that he has some kind of ability to will it.

Advertisement
FOH.

Football ain't changed so much since 2001 that 8 TDs and 1000 yards is no longer significant. You must be the dumbest person alive if you think anybody believes that.

It's changed a lot. You just don't know anything.

Median completion percentage in 2001 was 55%. It was 59% in 2017.

Median passing yards per game in 2001 was 218. It was 233 in 2017.

It's simple inflation. The game has changed.

I think I've proven that you're the dumb one. You don't even understand how much the game has changed right in front of your eyes.

FOH.

Had we not lost to Pitt and made it to the playoffs, Malik Rosier would be being heralded as one of the all time greats at Miami.

He's not and Dorsey is because he lost and Dorsey won. Winning matters. It's the only thing that matters.

No 1 will ever say rosier is one of the all time greats. He is one of the most inaccurate passers we have ever had. Our defense and his running ability is the only thing that gave us a chance last year. We barely beat a bunch of bad teams. He also benefits greatly from have the best coaching staff in over 15 years.

Advertisement
Then why did we get shredded for 407 yards and 461 yards respectively? Why did we give up 69% completions and 145.0 rating combined in those games?

I'm tired of talent arguments.

Rosier's team was better than any that Kaaya played on. And Kaaya's best team (2016) still got absolutely shredded defensively against FSU, UNC, ND and VT.

FSU and UNC were held to 20 points. I would argue the defense did enough to give Kaaya a chance to win.

That UNC game was our season, after losing to FSU it was a must win to right the ship and get back to winning. We came out flat and scored 13 measly points. Inexcusable for a 3rd year starter who was a projected 1st round pick before the season. And it was the 15 year anniversary of the 2001 team.

Median completion percentage in 2001 was 55%. It was 59% in 2017.

Median passing yards per game in 2001 was 218. It was 233 in 2017.

It's simple inflation. The game has changed.

In other words, Dorsey at 57% completion was above the median in 2001. Rosier at 54% completion was FAR below the median.

Not remotely comparable.

Every game we won from 2014-2016 was because Kaaya played great, and every game we lost was because Golden was a terrible coach.

This mindset completely ignores that MANY times, Kaaya had the ball in his hand with a chance to win the game, but he failed EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
I’m a kaaya fan but I doubt seehow anyone could argue against it

Advertisement
Back