Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Kaaya had bad games, too. Pretending like he never had bad games is just revisionist history. The only difference is that when Kaaya had bad games, we always lost. He did not have the extra ability to say, you know, I’m a little off on my passing tonight.

Of course he had bad games.

But you're wrong, as usual, on the difference.

The difference is that Kaaya HAD to play well for us to have a chance to win. But even if he did play well, we could still lose.

One thing is certain. If Rosier even plays above average, we win. Kaaya never had that luxury. He threw for 405 yards and 3 TDs, 0 INTs against FSU and still lost. Why? Because the defense got shredded for 539 yards.

Advertisement
He did not have the extra ability to say, you know, I’m a little off on my passing tonight. They’re playing really good defense, but I have to find another way to win this game.

Nobody has that extra ability, actually.

And if you believe somebody does then you're a loon.

One of the funniest arguments is the one where the fanboys say "well, Kaaya lost to VT and ND and Rosier beat VT and ND!"

First, both of Kaaya's games were on the road and both of Rosier's games were at home. Also, these were the defensive performances.

VT: 523 yards, 28 first downs, 0 turnovers
ND: 411 yards, 20 first downs, 2 turnovers

VT: 299 yards, 22 first downs, 4 turnovers
ND: 261 yards, 13 first downs, 4 turnovers

What mediocre QB wouldn't win given those circumstances in 2017?

Disagree completely. 10-0 with wins over ND and VT and we hosted the best college game day. We were the hottest team around at certain points.

No it was ugly. We had 2 great performances at home but 11/13 games we were average to below average considering the teams we played. We were in dog fights against team who weren't going bowling and we got shred by the 2 elite teams we played. (Wisconsin, Clemson)

To put it into perspective how ugly it was we held ND and VT to less total yardage and points then we did Bethune Cookman (13 pts, 350 yds)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our defense gave up 10 points, held them to 299 yards and got 4 takeaways.

That's the reason we won.

What kind of buffoon thinks that a mediocre QB who was 11 of 22 with 3 INTs is the reason we won that game?
Because that "mediocre QB' scored 21 points in a 28-10 game.

You know...math and all.

And do you know how childish you look having to respond to one line at a time in a separate comment?

Advertisement
It's childish to respond to direct quotes one-by-one?

I think it's childish to say stupid and silly things and get smashed by the facts.
You have no facts. You're just throwing out hypothetical.
IF the defense didn't...
IF Rosier played the teams Brad did...
IF Kaaya had been the QB...

Every game we won from 2014-2016 was because Kaaya played great, and every game we lost was because Golden was a terrible coach.

This mindset completely ignores that MANY times, Kaaya had the ball in his hand with a chance to win the game, but he failed EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Advertisement
You have no facts.

How about I give you Rosier's last 4 starts, period.

The most important games of the year, "winning time" for "winner guy" and he turned in these performances.

15 of 28 (53.6%), 210 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 137.6 rating
15 of 34 (44.1%), 187 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 109.7 rating
14 of 29 (48.3%), 110 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 66.3 rating
11 of 26 (42.3%), 203 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 97.5 rating

I'm continually amazed by the buffoonery on display here.

So now only the people who actually did somebody are, in fact, capable of doing so.

I don't think you even realize how stupid that statement is.
You're substituting your opinion of what would have happened in a hypothetical situation and calling it a fact, while at the same time ignoring the actual games that were played and that Kaaya lost several winnable games by failing to show up in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
My position has never been that Rosier was great or that he played great in all games.

He played well enough to get us a win in situations Kaaya never was able to.

You're substituting your opinion of what would have happened in a hypothetical situation and calling it a fact, while at the same time ignoring the actual games that were played and that Kaaya lost several winnable games by failing to show up in the 4th quarter.

It's not my opinion that an average QB performance could win a game where the opponent scores 10 points and only has 299 yards.

This is something that we can say with great confidence.

But you just invented the Loose Cannon theorem.

"Kirby Freeman won a game therefore you cannot say that Ken Dorsey would've won that same game because he, in fact, didn't!"

My position has never been that Rosier had better passing stats.

My position has been that all the stats in the world don't mean a **** thing if you can't make the one play that means the difference between winning and losing.

Advertisement
Back