Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Advertisement
Some of you guys are confusing Rosier bringing the team success and the defense keeping the game close enough by forcing turnovers for Rosier to eventually do something.

If you asked me why we went 10-3 last year I would say:

Luck
Forced Turnover
Clutch

We got lucky vs FSU because their trash DC played man 2 man in a zone coverage situation. If GT DBs were any good they would bat the ball downward not up game over. Vs UVa down 28-14 Rosier got lucky a UVa defender dropped a pick 6. UNC driving for the win and they fumble in the redzone basically.

We forced 30 turnovers. Even with 2001 Miami Hurricanes talent doing that again especially in timely situations (Like the UNC fumble or the pick 6 vs UVa) is highly unlikely in back to back season. Rosier got so much extra possession it inexcusable how we could barely win games. I fully expect about a realistic 15ish in forced turnover.

We were clutch but we were clutch against teams we should arguably be up 20 points against. We had to be clutch against a bunch of sub .500 teams. Teams we're more talented then..

Rosier did win against VT and ND but when the defense holds them to a combined 18 points what would you expect? Rosier tried to give away that VT game with his 3 INTs if I remember correctly. We only needed a 2 TDs to beat ND and VT that's how badly we beat them AS A TEAM. When Rosier had to make plays for us to win with little defensive help: 44-28 Mia (vs UVa), 38-3 Clem, 34-24 Wis, 24-14 Pitt.

Last edited:
Noiser did not dominate VT or ND the defense and homer did
You’re high.

Homer had one big run on a zone/read that was entirely due to the defense biting on the Rosier keep because he had been gashing them on the keeper all night. Homer gained 31 yards the whole rest of the game.

Aside from one play, you’d have been hard pressed to even remember Homer even played in that game. He was a complete non-factor the entire rest of the game.

Not to nitpick, but West Virginia was 16th in the coaches and 18th in the AP, I believe. 16th in the CFP rankings. They were way overrated. We were heavy favorites even though we were ranked lower.

But all of that considered, that is the only team that we beat in Kaaya's three years under center that ended the season ranked in the top 25 of any poll, and as evidenced by the *** whipping we laid on them, they probably didn't deserve to be there. Bowl tie-ins and such likely caused the pollsters to inflate their ranking to promote the game as one that could be a contest. It wasn't.

Doesn't change the fact Kaaya won our first and only bowl game in 10 years.

Advertisement
Only 1 matters. The guy with 10 wins that brought home the Coastal Champ Trophy.

# 2 down, is nothing but disappointment (Some their fault, some coaching)

C'Mon Now; even you Rosier haters can't sugar coat that list. It was like Groundhog Day; every season waiting for improvement or something better to happen and watching coaches with that deer in the headlights look on the sidelines.

Only 1 matters. The guy with 10 wins that brought home the Coastal Champ Trophy.

# 2 down, is nothing but disappointment (Some their fault, some coaching)

C'Mon Now; even you Rosier haters can't sugar coat that list. It was like Groundhog Day; every season waiting for improvement or something better to happen and watching coaches with that deer in the headlights look on the sidelines.
This

Advertisement
Some of you guys are confusing Rosier bringing the team success and the defense keeping the game close enough by forcing turnovers for Rosier to eventually do something.

Luck
Forced Turnover
Clutch

We got lucky vs FSU because their trash DC played man 2 man in a zone coverage situation. If GT DBs were any good they would bat the ball downward not up game over. Vs UVa down 28-14 Rosier got lucky a UVa defender dropped a pick 6. UNC driving for the win and they fumble in the redzone basically.

We forced 30 turnovers. Even with 2001 Miami Hurricanes talent doing that again especially in timely situations (Like the UNC fumble or the pick 6 vs UVa) is highly unlikely in back to back season. Rosier got so much extra possession it excusable how we could barely win games. I fully expect about a realistic 15ish in forced turnover.

We were clutch but we were clutch against teams we should arguably be up 20 points against. We had to be clutch against a bunch of sub .500 teams. Teams we're more talented then..

Rosier did win against VT and ND but when the defense holds them to a combined 18 points what would you expect? Rosier tried to give away that VT game with his 3 INTs if I remember correctly. We only needed a 2 TDs to beat ND and VT that's how badly we beat them AS A TEAM. When Rosier had to make plays for us to win with little defensive help: 44-28 Mia (vs UVa), 38-3 Clem, 34-24 Wis, 24-14 Pitt.

This was strictly a Kaaya vs. Rosier argument (which would you take for last season/this season).

We had a great defense last year that gifted us a ton of turnovers (many of which we squandered away). We also had a good defense in 2016, we held FSU to 20, UNC to 20. Both were games Kaaya should have won.

FSU: 1:15 seconds left, he led a 75 yard touchdown drive AT Doak for our 1st win in 8 years.

GT: Threw for 300 yards and led another last drive touchdown.

UVA: Our defense didn't show up in the 1st half and we scored 44 points. The score was 31-28 3rd and goal, Rosier ran it in 9 yards for a touchdown. Kaaya takes a sack on this play or throws it away, we go up 34-28 on a FG, and give Virginia a chance to beat us late.

UNC: Awful (the whole team was), but with a 3rd and 5 and needing a 1st down to ice the game, Rosier runs it himself and gets the first down.

I don't think Kaaya beats FSU or GT last year, and Virginia would be questionable. If Kaaya was off throwing the ball, he could not find another way to help us win. Rosier can use his legs to make something out of nothing. I don't think either QB is elite, but Rosier deserves more credit than he is getting.

Luck
Forced Turnover
Clutch

We forced 30 turnovers. Even with 2001 Miami Hurricanes talent doing that again especially in timely situations (Like the UNC fumble or the pick 6 vs UVa) is highly unlikely in back to back season. Rosier got so much extra possession it excusable how we could barely win games. I fully expect about a realistic 15ish in forced turnover.

Fsu game too what you mean? Defense gave up 2 late tds and afield goal in the 4th vs them and without rosier performance in the 4th we don’t win.

Advertisement

Luck
Forced Turnover
Clutch

It was an ugly 10-3 year

Advertisement
Compare the 4 qbs bad games....let me know who has the least.

How about I give you Rosier's last 4 starts, period.

The most important games of the year, "winning time" for "winner guy" and he turned in these performances.

15 of 28 (53.6%), 210 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 137.6 rating
15 of 34 (44.1%), 187 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 109.7 rating
14 of 29 (48.3%), 110 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 66.3 rating
11 of 26 (42.3%), 203 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 97.5 rating

No idiot. Rosier is not the reason it was close. He is the reason we didn’t lose. His three TDs is the reason we won.

Our defense gave up 10 points, held them to 299 yards and got 4 takeaways.

That's the reason we won.

What kind of buffoon thinks that a mediocre QB who was 11 of 22 with 3 INTs is the reason we won that game?

Advertisement
Back