Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Advertisement
FSU was...

2014: 13-1 (Playoff)
2015: 10-3
2016: 10-3

The fact that those games were winnable was, in part, because of Kaaya.

Malik Rosier beats a broken FSU team with a true freshman backup and people think he's Gandhi.

If Kaaya would’ve beat FSU their season would’ve derailed like last year when Malik crushed them at the last second. Rosiers late comeback win is the main reason FSU went 7-6 not their lack of talent.

Last edited:
Rosier has sack IDK if the other guys on that list really do. Morris had arm talent, but that snickers you win some, you lose some will never escape my mind.

Remind me again about kaaya and Morris and jacory's signature wins in comparison to last years. I'll wait

Kaaya beat a top 15 WVU for the first bowl win in 10 years.

Morris beat Florida

Harris beat FSU, GT, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.

The problem is they failed to use those wins as momentum through the season.

Advertisement
Homer didn’t put up as many yards is Walton/Yearby did but he also didn’t disappear vs Tough defenses. I’m not sure we broke 50 rushing yards vs FSU the previous year. Last year Homer made two runs on the last drive that put Malik in position for the game winner. (Yes I know he only had three carries but they were big) He was huge in the VT and ND wins

We had 58 total rushing yards from our backs last year (24 of which came against a prevent defense), and you're saying they didn't disappear? This is the difference when arguing Rosier and Kaaya. You guys search for reasons why we lost (defense, lack of run game), while those same factors were present during the 2017 game which we won. You don't have to point to those things when your QB sacks up, puts the team on his shoulders and drives down the field to win games. It's amazing that we're having this debate. Rosier was pumping up the FSU fans like Babe fuggin Ruth and people are complaining that we didn't win by more. Unreal.

Morris beat Florida

Not to nitpick, but West Virginia was 16th in the coaches and 18th in the AP, I believe. 16th in the CFP rankings. They were way overrated. We were heavy favorites even though we were ranked lower.

But all of that considered, that is the only team that we beat in Kaaya's three years under center that ended the season ranked in the top 25 of any poll, and as evidenced by the *** whipping we laid on them, they probably didn't deserve to be there. Bowl tie-ins and such likely caused the pollsters to inflate their ranking to promote the game as one that could be a contest. It wasn't.

Morris beat Florida

Rosier dominated VaTech, ND on prime time and led a game winning drive against FSU in his first year as a starter in which we won the coastal. He did have some ****** performances as well but all things considered that's a solid resume in a years worth of work...our best season in a long time. He should easily be recognized as the best in the past decade on that list of JAGs

We had 58 total rushing yards from our backs last year (24 of which came against a prevent defense), and you're saying they didn't disappear? This is the difference when arguing Rosier and Kaaya. You guys search for reasons why we lost (defense, lack of run game), while those same factors were present during the 2017 game which we won. You don't have to point to those things when your QB sacks up, puts the team on his shoulders and drives down the field to win games. It's amazing that we're having this debate. Rosier was pumping up the FSU fans like Babe fuggin Ruth and people are complaining that we didn't win by more. Unreal.

I only mentioned the last drive vs FSU where Homer made two crucial plays. RB’s weren’t at fault last year vs FSU. Richt kept Walton in the game as a decoy even though he was clearly hobbled. Homer only had three carries and two were the ones that set us up for the win.

He went off against ND and VT.

Second, when did I complain we didn’t beat FSU by more? That game was a blast.

Advertisement

Morris beat Florida

A lot of these games are really hard to gauge. What felt like big wins at the time really weren't when you look back

- Morris vs. Florida 2013. Florida was ranked #12 at the time, but ended up 4-8.
- Harris vs. Ohio State 2011 - Ohio St. was ranked #17 at the time, but ended up 6-7. This was the Luke Fickell year.

In terms of beating teams that ended up in the Top 25:

Rosier (2017 - ND & VT)
Kayaa (2015 WVU)
Morris (None)
Harris (2009 GT)

I can see the case for any of those 4

I only mentioned the last drive vs FSU where Homer made two crucial plays. RB’s weren’t at fault last year vs FSU. Richt kept Walton in the game as a decoy even though he was clearly hobbled. Homer only had three carries and two were the ones that set us up for the win.

He went off against ND and VT.

Second, when did I complain we didn’t beat FSU by more? That game was a blast.

That's my point - no one was at fault last year because WE BEAT FSU. We're not looking for excuses, although there were plenty including the lack of production from the RB's. Yes he picked up a couple of big runs against a prevent defense expecting a pass. God knows if those runs hadn't lead to a TD we'd be blaming Richt for his play calling, the defense for giving up the late TD and for Malik not leading a game winning drive. Those were the Kaaya years.

Others were saying we should've blown out FSU, maybe not you in particular but it's been said several times in this thread.

Advertisement
Rosiers late comeback win is the main reason FSU went 7-6 not their lack of talent.

I've heard it all now.

They lost their starting QB in the opening game and were 1-2 coming into the Miami game (and won the following week) but Malik Rosier is what derailed their season.

What a delusional fanboy.

Advertisement
But all of that considered, that is the only team that we beat in Kaaya's three years under center that ended the season ranked in the top 25 of any poll, and as evidenced by the *** whipping we laid on them, they probably didn't deserve to be there..

No way!

So in Richt's first and only season with Kaaya, he beat a top 25 team for the first time?

Knock me over with a feather.

Last edited:
Rosier has sack IDK if the other guys on that list really do. Morris had arm talent, but that snickers you win some, you lose some will never escape my mind.

That comment is just as bad if not worse than the rosier comment that he didn’t watch film his first couple of years in college

Jacory beat a 7-6 FSU team in Tallahassee, too. And He beat 11-3 ACC Champion Georgia Tech, and badly.

Our fans don't really know a whole lot about the program.
None of those were better than beating a top 3 ranked Notre Dame team who by the way according to the media was supposed to be some unstoppable force

Advertisement
Back