Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Actually I forgot the Duke year his freshman year but the other 2 year were below average.

Rushing yards per game:
14: 50th
15: 118th
16: 93rd

Those numbers are including Kaaya's sack yardage. His running game was better than Rosier's each year even if they were all below average. Point being that a lack of run game doesn't go under Kaaya's column.

Advertisement
Those numbers are including Kaaya's sack yardage. His running game was better than Rosier's each year even if they were all below average. Point being that a lack of run game doesn't go under Kaaya's column.

Even if you removed Kaaya's sack yards it will probably be about 5-6 spots better. Kaaya lost the same amount of yardage as a freshman then he did as a junior and we finished top 50 in rushing his freshman year.

Even if you removed Kaaya's sack yards it will probably be about 5-6 spots better. Kaaya lost the same amount of yardage as a freshman then he did as a junior and we finished top 50 in rushing his freshman year.

Probably had a little to do with Duke's 1600 rushing yards.

See...that is taking a line out of context.

I'm not here to prove Malik is a good QB. That would be stupid. I'm here to show that he is a better QB than Kaaya, and you keep refusing to address that Kaaya has never won a game on his arm. He's had many chances to win a game on the final drive, but he's failed every time. The only top 25 team he ever beat was his 38th and final game against a highly overrated at #18 West Virginia.

Malik won more games against higher ranked and tougher competition with less weapons at his disposal in one season that Kaaya ever did.

Kaaya played on the same team as our all time leading running back for two seasons and went 14-12, and 8 of those 12 losses were to unranked teams.

He ended up 24-16 as a starter, and only 5 of his 16 losses came to ranked teams.

Brad Kaaya ended his career with 1 win in 12 chances against ranked competition, never beat FSU or ND, and lost to VaTech, Pitt, and UNC twice. He also lost to Cincinnati and Washington State.

1-11 against ranked teams. This is the guy who is better than the guy who holds the Miami single season record for yards and touchdowns, led us to our 1st ever division title and conference championship game...

Give me a break.

The problem with saying Kaaya has “never won a game with his arm” is your putting way more value in 4th quarter touchdowns than 1st quarter touchdowns. Say what you want but the equal the same on the scoreboard

There's a reason why people consider Montana a greater QB than Marino...the ability to make a play with the game on the line.

Marino was as clutch as you can be. Montana was on a better team and won championships. That’s why people think Montana is better even though it isn’t close. Marino held every passing record a QB could hold. Switch the teams and it’s over

Advertisement
Advertisement
The problem with saying Kaaya has “never won a game with his arm” is your putting way more value in 4th quarter touchdowns than 1st quarter touchdowns. Say what you want but the equal the same on the scoreboard
And 16 out of 38 times...we were on the losing end of that scoreboard...including 11 times against unranked teams.

But you probably think that all of our losses are Golden's fault, yet none of Brad's passing stats were the result of coaching and play calling.

And 16 out of 38 times...we were on the losing end of that scoreboard...including 11 times against unranked teams.

But you probably think that all of our losses are Golden's fault, yet none of Brad's passing stats were the result of coaching and play calling.

Well you’re correct that I do think 90% of our losses happened because we had the worst defenses in Miami’s history. I don’t think Kaaya was anything special and I don’t miss his lack of mobility. But Rosier was his backup for a reason.

I will say Kaaya killed us in October his last year. But he probably shouldn’t have been on the field. In Rosier thought to watch film as a backup maybe he wouldn’t have.

Did you not read my reply?

I know about the year Duke had about 1,500 in 14. I'm saying where was Kaaya's running game in '15 and '16. Even if you removed his sack yardage from 15 ad 16 there would have been little improvement in the ranking in terms of rushing yards per game.

Advertisement
Malik had the stones to put us over the top in a lot of big games. Kind of hard to argue the fact that he contributed in some of the biggest wins the program has seen in the past decade.

I know about the year Duke had about 1,500 in 14. I'm saying where was Kaaya's running game in '15 and '16. Even if you removed his sack yardage from 15 ad 16 there would have been little improvement in the ranking in terms of rushing yards per game.

His running game was better than Rosier's each year even if they were all below average. Point being that a lack of run game doesn't go under Kaaya's column.

Advertisement
His running game was better than Rosier's each year even if they were all below average. Point being that a lack of run game doesn't go under Kaaya's column.

You just admited Kaaya had a below average run game but lacking of running doesn't go in his column.

:chrispaulnoooo:

In comparison to Rosier, yes it's not even close enough to argue. What's so hard to understand?

Homer didn’t put up as many yards is Walton/Yearby did but he also didn’t disappear vs Tough defenses. I’m not sure we broke 50 rushing yards vs FSU the previous year. Last year Homer made two runs on the last drive that put Malik in position for the game winner. (Yes I know he only had three carries but they were big) He was huge in the VT and ND wins

Last edited:
What an awful list of overhyped, poorly coached kids.

This has been an terrible 16 years of terrible football.

Once upon a time we had teams with Kelly, Kosar, and Testaverde. I would take a Craig Erickson at this point.

Advertisement
Back