Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Malik wasn’t the only one bad in uva game. Let’s make this clear malik didn’t play his best but the defense was downright right terrible that game period

I’m not saying Malik wasn’t the only problem. I don’t even mind him and I’ll gladly cheer for him again this season. I just disagree with the comeback logic to define a QB because a more consistent QB doesn’t need comebacks every week. In the PITT game we were all waiting for him to turn it on again but that’s the problem with coming out sluggish to every game. You can’t always turn it on at the end

Advertisement
Not spam.

Just facts that fanboys can't handle and so they whine to the hall monitor.

What a *****.
I got no problem if you want to reply to me. Heaven knows I'll argue with a sign post, but I tend to post multiple paragraphs that cover a lot of details and multiple points. If all you're interested in is pulling each line out of my intended context and burning up my notifications with an individual reply to every sentence, you're spamming, and you won't last very long.

Advertisement
I got no problem if you want to reply to me. Heaven knows I'll argue with a sign post, but I tend to post multiple paragraphs that cover a lot of details and multiple points. If all you're interested in is pulling each line out of my intended context and burning up my notifications with an individual reply to every sentence, you're spamming, and you won't last very long.

Please point out where I took you out of context.

I'm spanking your *** with facts and you're calling it spam because you want your daddy to come and save you.

Bard Kayak (thanks CD) had had the ball in his hands, behind on the scoreboard for whatever reason, and the clock running out, with a chance to win multiple games while he was here, and he came up short every single time.

I don't care if he completed 70% and had 400 yards, and Golden was the coach, and the defense was ****. He had multiple opportunities to rise above all of it and make a play, and he never did. Not once in 38 starts.

Every single time Rosier has had the ball in the final minutes with a chance to win the game we've walked away with the W.

EVERY TIME vs. NOT ONCE EVER.

That is the only stat that matters.

Every single time Rosier has had the ball in the final minutes with a chance to win the game we've walked away with the W.

Cute argument you can employ when your guy plays so incredibly bad against 5-7 Pittsburgh that he was behind by two scores and couldn't literally have the ball with a chance to win.

It's a cherry-picked bull**** statistic.

It leaves out games like the one I mentioned and it leaves out the games we won, like North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech, where his egregiously poor play left us close to a loss.

Rational people can make these kind of judgments.

Apparently Loose Cannon is not one of those people.

Advertisement
Lets put it this way.

The offensive output in Kaaya's years would've been enough to win (2014-15) or tie (2016) against FSU in 2017.

He had worse overall teams and worse defenses.

??? Lol how did you REACH to that conclusion? Terrible smh. Kaaya had more than enough talent to win the coastal every year. And even if FSU had slightly more talent those games were winnable. Kaaya was the reason we lost all 3 times he played them.

And even if FSU had slightly more talent those games were winnable. Kaaya was the reason we lost all 3 times he played them.

FSU was...

2014: 13-1 (Playoff)
2015: 10-3
2016: 10-3

The fact that those games were winnable was, in part, because of Kaaya.

Malik Rosier beats a broken FSU team with a true freshman backup and people think he's Gandhi.

Advertisement
Bard Kayak (thanks CD) had had the ball in his hands, behind on the scoreboard for whatever reason, and the clock running out, with a chance to win multiple games while he was here, and he came up short every single time.

I don't care if he completed 70% and had 400 yards, and Golden was the coach, and the defense was ****. He had multiple opportunities to rise above all of it and make a play, and he never did. Not once in 38 starts.

EVERY TIME vs. NOT ONCE EVER.

That is the only stat that matters.

The only stat that matters? Well then obviously Malik is the goat

Cute argument you can employ when your guy plays so incredibly bad against 5-7 Pittsburgh that he was behind by two scores and couldn't literally have the ball with a chance to win.

It leaves out games like the one I mentioned and it leaves out the games we won, like North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech, where his egregiously poor play left us close to a loss.

See...that is taking a line out of context.

I'm not here to prove Malik is a good QB. That would be stupid. I'm here to show that he is a better QB than Kaaya, and you keep refusing to address that Kaaya has never won a game on his arm. He's had many chances to win a game on the final drive, but he's failed every time. The only top 25 team he ever beat was his 38th and final game against a highly overrated at #18 West Virginia.

Malik won more games against higher ranked and tougher competition with less weapons at his disposal in one season that Kaaya ever did.

Kaaya played on the same team as our all time leading running back for two seasons and went 14-12, and 8 of those 12 losses were to unranked teams.

He ended up 24-16 as a starter, and only 5 of his 16 losses came to ranked teams.

Brad Kaaya ended his career with 1 win in 12 chances against ranked competition, never beat FSU or ND, and lost to VaTech, Pitt, and UNC twice. He also lost to Cincinnati and Washington State.

1-11 against ranked teams. This is the guy who is better than the guy who holds the Miami single season record for yards and touchdowns, led us to our 1st ever division title and conference championship game...

Give me a break.

This list of QBs are ***.

No order. Just my thoughts about all of them.

Kaaya - Kaaya didn't win but it not entirely his fault. If I agree that Golden sucked, His scheme sucked, his defense sucked, his defensive coord sucked, the O-line sucked, no run game his entire career here, play calling sucked then how can I entirely fault Kaaya for not winning much? I mean our OC was out there calling HB passes in a blizzard.. WTH is Kaaya suppose to do when everything around him is so inept. Was he perfect? No. He is by far the the least clutch of all the guys on the list. If my life is on the line would I pick Kaaya? umm maybe, but he'll probably make me regret it when he starts running into sacks because of his lack of pocket presence and mobility.

But to the ones talking about his rushing yards.. I could of swore he was a pock passer coming out of Cali.. What were you expecting? Michael Vick?

Rosier - I think a lot would pick Rosier over Kaaya which is fair but he isn't consistent by any means. There were games we forced 3 turnovers and only up by 7 points because of his inability to throw a football. Countless missed WRs. He has a big advantage over Kaaya which was actually being able to move but I can't trust a 54% passer who is even worse on the road.

I can EASILY see people rethinking their opinion about Rosier if he continues to play this way and it won't be very good. Anyone who watched game 1 through 13 knows it took an incredible amount of luck and forced turnovers to win as many games as we did last year. Unfortunately, luck and living off forced turnovers is not a skill nor is it sustainable sucess.

Morris - Big Arm. He is kinda in a way what we hope Kaaya could be in terms of mobility and pocket awareness as Morris wasn't fast but he could shift and slide. Kaaya + Morris would probably be the best QB combo in the list. Not much to say about Morris other then coaching staff was *** and was inconsistent to some degree throwing but not as bad as Rosier.

Harris - Trash. IDK where to put the other 3 but Harris is last in my book. Dude had 1 or 2 good game here and people act like he was good or something. I don't care what anyone says, Harris had the best chance to actually win. National championship? probably not but his teams had solid parts. He had a pretty decent run game with James, Cooper, and Berry. The defense wasn't as bad as the Golden year.. they were good enough to at least win 10 games or make the ACC championship or win a bowl game for that matter. We also had a good kick/punter in Bosher. But there he was, throwing as much interceptions to the other team as possible. I think we can all agree other then Roster, Harris had the best situation to actually win but flopped.

Advertisement

I covered those here:

"
Malik does not play defense. He surrendered 0 points last season. He is not the reason we gave up 17 4th quarter points to FSU. He is the reason we won.

Malik is also not on the kickoff squad. He did not fail to properly field an onside kick. He is not the reason we trailed GA Tech in the 4th. He is the reason we won.

Malik Rosier did not surrender 30 points to Toledo. He accounted for 344 yards and 4 TDs

Malik Rosier did not give up 19 points to UNC. He gained 376 yards and threw 3 TDs.

Malik Rosier did not surrender 4 first half touchdowns to UVA. He scored 4 touchdowns.

4 games we trailed at the half. And it would have been 4 losses with Kaaya instead of Rosier. "

But you missed that because you keep ignoring the whole post to focus on a single word or two you think you can refute.

Kaaya - no run game his entire career here

Wat8.jpg

Advertisement
Back