Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

two worst FSU teams in over 30 years???... We were just as bad or worse Miami team when Jacory beat FSU on the road. They get credit bc Kaaya wouldve lost both games regardless.

Kaaya had a double digit lead twice and couldn't get it done. Rosier hyped up the FSU crowd then broke their hearts.

Advertisement
I find it odd that no one wants to factor in that Kayaa had one of football's WOAT coaches in Golden his entire time here. To some degree, all the players that played under Golden get a bit of a pass. Kayaa's career was disappointing for sure, but I can't help but think he would have been a pretty QB with a coaching staff that had any semblance of a clue.
Kaaya had a tendency to be too safe with the football, especially with the game on the line. It’s not JUST that the only top 25 team he ever beat was a way overrated WV team. It’s that many of the games we lost were very winnable, and several were lost with the ball in his hands on the final drive with a chance to win it or tie.

No doubt in my mind that in the exact same situation as Rosier was in against FSU 2017, Kaaya throws it away and we settle for a FG try or he takes a sack and we lose.

He never was a guy to just throw it up and give our guy a chance to make a play. You don’t want a guy who does that to the point of recklessness, but when you have the ball and a chance to win, you gotta take your shot and leave it all out on the field.

You did miss it. By a lot.

Kaaya: 261 of 421 (62.0%), 3,532 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs, 150.3 rating
Rosier: 224 of 415 (54.0%), 3,120 yards, 26 TDs, 14 INTs, 131.1 rating

Lol Kaaya threw less interceptions more completions but only had one more TD and lost more games smh 🤦‍♂️ how sway??

Kaaya was like a fckn enigma all those baby *** passes that ended up in one failed drive after another,

Jacory beat FSU on the road. He gets credit.

Rosier made a near perfect throw to beat an FSU team we hadn't beaten in 7 years. He gets credit.

Some credit because yes, a win is a win. Especially against a rival but I'm not throwing either guy a parade because they beat a 7-6 FSU team .

Harris' Miami team went 9-4 that year and Rosier's went 10-3. Both much better than 7-6.

IMO it is 1. Kaaya 2. Morris 3. Rosier as this site had it . I think Morris v Kaaya can be debated . Rosier has to do more to be above those 2. Kaaya was so good but sadly people bash him for things that have little to do with him. IMO if Kaaya was on last year's team we lose maybe 1-2 games not 3 in a row to end the season . And I am a Rosier fan but he has alot to prove still.

Advertisement
I’m gonna say
1. Morris under Fisch
2. Kaaya
3. Rosier

I’m not gonna hold it against Morris that he had one of the worst Miami defenses I’ve ever seen.

Kaaya had a tendency to be too safe with the football, especially with the game on the line. It’s not JUST that the only top 25 team he ever beat was a way overrated WV team. It’s that many of the games we lost were very winnable, and several were lost with the ball in his hands on the final drive with a chance to win it or tie.

No doubt in my mind that in the exact same situation as Rosier was in against FSU 2017, Kaaya throws it away and we settle for a FG try or he takes a sack and we lose.

He never was a guy to just throw it up and give our guy a chance to make a play. You don’t want a guy who does that to the point of recklessness, but when you have the ball and a chance to win, you gotta take your shot and leave it all out on the field.

He did make a sick touchdown throw on 4th down with a minute to go vs FSU the year before. He didn’t miss the extra point

Yeah with the 54 rushing yards we had from Walton/Homer we should've been up by 40.

How about ahead 7-3?

Or have scored ANY points at all?

I love how Malik Rosier gets credit for being on the better team but the moment the running game falters the blame gets placed somewhere else. I don't see a lot of that with Kaaya. The kicker gets a PAT blocked? It's Kaaya's loss.

Advertisement
Right. We hadn't beaten FSU in what 7-8 years and Rosier's first game against them on the road with a depleted team he should've smoked them.

This is a strawman and I expected it given that you have no real argument.

How about just beating them without needing a touchdown with 6 seconds left?

Brad Kaaya, despite being completely terrible according to ignorant fanboys, almost beat the 2014 FSU playoff team. It wasn't very difficult for us to play them close. We just oculdn't get over the hump.

And, voila, a 7-6 FSU trainwreck comes along and we finally do it.

Somehow everyone praises Rosier.

How about ahead 7-3?

Or have scored ANY points at all?

I love how Malik Rosier gets credit for being on the better team but the moment the running game falters the blame gets placed somewhere else. I don't see a lot of that with Kaaya. The kicker gets a PAT blocked? It's Kaaya's loss.

“The moment” was the entire season. I believe Loose Cannon pointed out we were somewhere in the 110s in the country in rushing yards by our RB’s. Who thinks that’s better than 1600 yards from Duke with our best LT since McKinnie?

Advertisement
He did make a sick touchdown throw on 4th down with a minute to go vs FSU the year before. He didn’t miss the extra point
It would have only gotten us to OT if the kick was good. I don't put that loss on him, but to say he led a game winning drive...as was implied earlier, is just not factually correct. We never won a single with Kaaya at QB when we weren't leading after 3 quarters. In 38 games, not one time did he lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, and there were multiple opportunities.

In 8 of Malik's 14 starts we have trailed at the half, and 6 times we've won, three of those we won on the final possession.

Now many people would say that if we had Kaaya, we may not have trailed so many teams at the half, and there's no definitive way to prove or disprove that. What we can prove definitively, is that it is much more important to be good in the 2nd half. We don't hold up 2 fingers to start the 2nd quarter. We hold up 4 to start the 4th because games are won and lost in the 4th. More times than not, Rosier found a way to do what was necessary to secure the W with the ball in his hands with the game on the line. More times than not, in fact every time Brad Kaaya had the ball and a chance to win, we came up short.

That stat alone puts Rosier at the top of the list.

Advertisement
Rosier is frustrating as a passer, but his ability to run the ball and extend plays really helped last season. He had big rushing games against VT, ND, and had a huge run to ice the game against both Virginia and UNC.

Give me any examples where he "extended" plays. This is just fan-speak.

The vast majority of his effectiveness running where on called runs or plays where he saw an opening and ran. He hardly ever extended a play in the pocket and made a throw downfield.

Give me any examples where he "extended" plays. This is just fan-speak.

The vast majority of his effectiveness running where on called runs or plays where he saw an opening and ran. He hardly ever extended a play in the pocket and made a throw downfield.

Someone didn’t watch half of our games. I get you hate him but you’re just making **** up at this point.

I find it odd that no one wants to factor in that Kayaa had one of football's WOAT coaches in Golden his entire time here.

These clowns love to dog Al Golden and call him WOAT but then completely forget the rosters that Kaaya had to play with under Golden.

Kaaya, as a true freshmen under Golden, is being compared to Rosier as a RS Junior under Richt.

It's absurd.

Advertisement
Back