Ranked 17th in AP, 20th in coaches poll

Advertisement
Off to a great start but I will reserve judgment until conference play. Only real quality win is against UF. But it is encouraging that they have blown out inferior competition as opposed to simply beating with them. Coach L has made tremendous second half adjustments.

Yep, expected the 15-20 range, so acceptable.

200.gif

Last edited:
4 ACC teams in the Top7... CRAZY!

Syracuse are 29th and Notre Dame 31th

In the coaches poll

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami beats UF on the road, UF is ranked higher...smart USA Today.

I think we are ranked appropriately at this point, but they are fluffing the **** out of UF with their ranking. The Turds look pretty ****** at this point. Not much like a top 25 team. But fluffing UF is what the national media does....

Advertisement

I think we are ranked appropriately at this point, but they are fluffing the **** out of UF with their ranking. The Turds look pretty ****ty at this point. Not much like a top 25 team. But fluffing UF is what the national media does....

They are missing their best players

Frazier is their best player, and Carter is probably their 2nd best player. The only top player they didn't have against us was Finney-Smith. I know Murphy is still sitting out, and while he should be a solid starter for them, he didn't look like he was going to be remarkable at Duke. I know they were without Carter and Finney-Smith in their struggle against ULM, but a top 25 team should still blow out a sub-.500 Sun Belt program at home even with two starters out. Frankly, until our run at the end of the game we looked disjointed and played a rather bad game against UF. I just think writers over-estimated what UF will do this year, and similarly under-estimated how UM would play. I think that is based more on both programs history than on a thoughtful evaluation of the incoming talent. I don't think UF will be bad this year. But I don't think they will be especially good either even when they have all their players on the court.

Last edited:

I think we are ranked appropriately at this point, but they are fluffing the **** out of UF with their ranking. The Turds look pretty ****ty at this point. Not much like a top 25 team. But fluffing UF is what the national media does....

I'm not against our ranking but UF should not be ahead of us. It makes no sense.

Advertisement

First, injuries happen tough chit. We don't have Reed (starter) or Cruz Uceda (starter likely).

Second, the game was in UF. They had the advantage and we beat them. We ended a pretty significant streak as well. There is no justification for ranking UF ahead of us other then the voters had no idea that UF lost to us. In that case they should have no say in the matter.

Finally, those same writters (and likely you) missed how they performed against ULM.

I'm not against our ranking but UF should not be ahead of us. It makes no sense.

I agree. That's what i was getting at too. I think they are still over-rated. Not that they are a bad team, but their ranking seems more based on what they've done in the past than the current team. Maybe Donovan can get more out of them than I'm giving credit for, but like you I don't think there is any way they should be ranked in front of us right now.

I think we are ranked appropriately at this point, but they are fluffing the **** out of UF with their ranking. The Turds look pretty ****** at this point. Not much like a top 25 team. But fluffing UF is what the national media does....

I've heard this argument. Since when do rankings take players that aren't on the floor into consideration? The rankings aren't supposed to forecast how good a team "should" be. They are supposed to represent how the teams are playing now. I understand that UF has some people out, but they are not playing good basketball at the moment. When they get these missing players back and start beating some people, then they should earn their ranking back. But as of right now, for UF to be ranked ahead of Miami is kind of absurd.

Frazier is their best player, and Carter is probably their 2nd best player. The only top player they didn't have against us was Finney-Smith. I know Murphy is still sitting out, and while he should be a solid starter for them, he didn't look like he was going to be remarkable at Duke. I know they were without Carter and Finney-Smith in their struggle against ULM, but a top 25 team should still blow out a sub-.500 Sun Belt program at home even with two starters out. Frankly, until our run at the end of the game we looked disjointed and played a rather bad game against UF. I just think writers over-estimated what UF will do this year, and similarly under-estimated how UM would play. I think that is based more on both programs history than on a thoughtful evaluation of the incoming talent. I don't think UF will be bad this year. But I don't think they will be especially good either even when they have all their players on the court.

First, injuries happen tough chit. We don't have Reed (starter) or Cruz Uceda (starter likely).

Second, the game was in UF. They had the advantage and we beat them. We ended a pretty significant streak as well. There is no justification for ranking UF ahead of us other then the voters had no idea that UF lost to us. In that case they should have no say in the matter.

Finally, those same writters (and likely you) missed how they performed against ULM.

Who said injuries don't happen? Obviously you have to play them that's the whole point. You saying that is not addressing anything. And you're ignorant to make an assumption to say I missed their performance. I saw it.

And if you watched that performance you would know they were without Murphy, Carter, Finney-smith and it was Walker's first game back. A walk on is playing 30+ minutes a game. Their losses impact their team greater than ours as well.

I am addressing the fact that he said UF's rankings were fluffed. NOT their current ranking vs. our current ranking. No team drops out of the top 25 with one loss. Chill. Obviously we should be ahead of them. And it's also apparent they aren't playing well right now. I'm not even talking about our game against them. No need to get defensive. They were ranked 8 in the preseason based on what their team would be at full strength. And they aren't near full strength and their performance reflects that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back