Rank your top 5 ACC towns to visit for a game

3FW

Senior
Too much negativity, but we can all agree that toad trips are fun. I haven't been to them all, but here is my list. BTW, don't count the quality of the team, just the fun/quality of the town for a game.

1. BC-Like Miami tons to do. When game there is in October or September, weather is awesome.

2. Clemson-Best big game feel

3. Virginia- Nice college town

4. UNC-Love Chapel Hill

5. Cuse- Great on campus bar scene and Dome is on campus as well.

Left FSU off because town is a dump. Love going there for that game though.

Advertisement
I would drop cuse. Area is a sh1thole and their fans are obnoxious.

I would put Blacksburg up there. It's really nice in the fall - set in the blue ridge- beautfiul scenery, etc.

Top of the hill in NC. Always get hammered there with those blueberries in my beer.

Advertisement
I visited Pittsburgh last year and had a blast. I know that's not considered classic "ACC", but it is now.

The ones I've been to outside of Atlanta where I live:

1. Clemson
2. Blacksburg
3. Tally

I visited Pittsburgh last year and had a blast. I know that's not considered classic "ACC", but it is now.

I went to a Pitt-Miami game about 20 years ago and my impressions of Pittsburgh - total sh1thole.

I hear it's vastly improved, though.

Advertisement
'Town' and 'Clemson' don't really mix. You are in the middle of nowhere in rural SC when you go to a Clemson game.

Live near Syracuse and watched the Clemson game there a couple years abo and there really arent any bad seats in the dome and it was a cool experience.

Places ive been to in order:

1. Gtech- Tons of canes fans, ATL is fun, and Gtech fans werent bad at all.
2. UVA- besides it being real cold, the college town is real cool and the fans are easy going because they know they suck.
3. Duke- The tailgate was awesome here but outside of the tailgate the area doesnt have much to do and the stadium is weak.
4. FSU- Atmosphere is always awesome because of the rivalry, but as many have stated the town is the worst in the ACC.
5. Louisville- Hated everything about it including the product we put on the field lol. Town is a dump, fans are pos, and stadium was meh.

Going to UNC this yr and hoping to get to Pitt and Vtech within the next few yrs.

I went to a Pitt-Miami game about 20 years ago and my impressions of Pittsburgh - total sh1thole.

That was back when Pitt played in that old crappy stadium though, right?

Now they play in the Steeler's stadium, which itself is in a nice area considering it's a stadium. There are several nice going out/bar districts and a great craft beer culture. Wife and I had a blast.

Advertisement

Now they play in the Steeler's stadium, which itself is in a nice area considering it's a stadium. There are several nice going out/bar districts and a great craft beer culture. Wife and I had a blast.

Yep - their old field.

I remember going out at night with some buddies and we were threatened by some drunk biker dudes holding broken bottles in their hands. lol

Yep - their old field.

I remember going out at night with some buddies and we were threatened by some drunk biker dudes holding broken bottles in their hands. lol

I'm sure that happens, too. lol. Just stay away from those types of guys.

I've been to all the ACC towns for football except for NC State (which I heard is so-so, Carter-Finley being like more of a pro-stadium experience), Virginia (which I heard is fun and gorgeous), Duh Ville, Pitt, and 'Cuse.

In order:

1. Georgia Tech- the ability to misbehave in midtown Atlanta along with a large hardcore Miami presence makes it very enjoyable.

2. Clemson- combination of a decent campus, awesome atmosphere, and the unique ability to take a stroll on the field after the game.

3. UNC- very pretty campus, fun stuff to do in the triangle area, stadium is a nice place to watch a game.

4. BC- pretty much the above, but in West Boston.

5. FSU- the ability to misbehave in a rowdy ****hole surrounded by douchebags and some high quality tail...normally combine it with trips to Wakulla Springs and/or St. Joseph Peninsula.

6 (tie) - Duke, Wake Forest- Duke is in the triangle, Wake Forest's stadium is nicer. Good tailgating can be had at both. Check out Foothills brewing in Winston Salem or Fullsteam in Durham.

8. Virginia Tech- West Virginia Light (I've been to both). Game environment is cool, but that's it, nothing to do, place isn't even in a very nice stretch of the Appalachians either. Think it's generally vastly overrated by those that go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is fun. Nothing better than hitting the road with the Canes when we are good. This is crazy, but I think at one point I had seen 11 straight losses other than FAMU in 2010. Half of those were probably in The OB/SL. At UNC in 2013 broke the streak (Great game). That is crazy and we played some very mediocre teams, BC, Maryland, UNC, Virginia, GT.

1. Clemson. Best gameday atmosphere in ACC
2. UNC. Beautiful campus and great college town
3. Atlanta. Those that want a big city, here you go
4. Blacksburg. Only in October as you get to see the leaves change
5. UVA. If you love history this is the place you will want to travel for a wknd

Just be glad that WVU didn't get a conference invite. I question anybody that'd put Syracuse on this list too. Pittsburgh is a vastly different city to visit than it was when some of you may have visited in the 90's or before but there's still no college atmosphere. Clemson is the one that I see on all these lists that I haven't been and am looking forward to.

Advertisement
Back