Rank in order the factors that caused Miami to lose the game

Advertisement
Missed field goal
O line play
Play calling
Muffed punt
Penalties
Tackling

Blades penalty was dumb but Miami wasn’t scoring even if he doesn’t commit it. Plus Campbell and Scaife got called for one right after.
I forgot about the missed fog , how the **** he miss a 27 yard *** attempt

Advertisement
We have avg LB at best, Shaq is the most overrated to be a 3 yr starter, their just to small at the point in impact

I forgot about the missed fog , how the **** he miss a 27 yard *** attempt
I actually saw this coming after someone who isnt used to contact just got unloaded on 3 plays prior. I surprised we attempted the kick. He was still juiced from that play. Same thing happened with the XP a few years ago against FSU.

Advertisement
Tier 1 fail
Patke (multiple years as ST coach failure)
ST players (still should have executed)
Diaz (kept Patke and lack of preparation)

Tier 2 fail
Enos (playaction fooled no one, wildcat with DJ would have eaten clock and helped OL, pass would have caught Gators by surprise)
WRs (did not help)
TEs (generally awful)

I can't really blame OL for lack of talent. Same as why I didn't blame Rosier last year. At least 2 not UM caliber. They didn't give themselves scholarships. Track record for OL transfer evals not good.

Tier 1 fail
Patke (multiple years as ST coach failure)
ST players (still should have executed)
Diaz (kept Patke and lack of preparation)

Tier 2 fail
Enos (playaction fooled no one, wildcat with DJ would have eaten clock and helped OL, pass would have caught Gators by surprise)
WRs (did not help)
TEs (generally awful)

I can't really blame OK for lack of talent. Same as why I didn't blame Rosier last year. At least 2 not UM caliber. They didn't give themselves scholarships. Track record for OL transfer evals not good.
Yes, should have stuck with DJ at the wildcat, freaking worked about every play. Didn’t use it enough and wasted a play with Tate late...

Jeff Thomas Dropped TD

Jeff Thomas Muffed punt

inexperience (coaching staff, OL, and QB) all fixable

Refs missing the spear on jarren, the 2 pi's on 3rd downs gifted to UF, the hold on bandy on that guys TD missing the false start on a 4th down play that was converted. can't really fix that ****** refs going to **** would be nice if it was both ways or even or something.

missed tackles fixable

Advertisement
As bad as the muff punt was...Jeff dropping that td was worse.

Gonna have to disagree.

A third year experienced player who was suppose to be our best receiver and made us go through that offseason drama has ZERO excuse for muffing a fair catch. Dropped passes happen a lot more often......dropping a punt is just a punch in the gut.

Gonna have to disagree.

A third year experienced player who was suppose to be our best receiver and made us go through that offseason drama has ZERO excuse for muffing a fair catch. Dropped passes happen a lot more often......dropping a punt is just a punch in the gut.

I'm with you bro. Both hurt but that would have been redemption. He was horrible tonight. With the drama he brought the program, this ninja should have been the second coming of Randy Moss. Very disappointed.

Yes, should have stuck with DJ at the wildcat, freaking worked about every play. Didn’t use it enough and wasted a play with Tate late...
I agree that wildcat been working since his freshman year but they never fully utilize it for some reason

Advertisement

I think many coaches feel it's beneath them to stick with Wildcat all game. Better to lose with honor than win with a "gimmick" offense. It's basically admitting your offensive scheme is ineffective. Gators could not stop the Wildcat, and with a RB who was a former QB, there could have been easy designed throws with low risk of an INT. It absolutely helped OL, but then Enos went right back to playaction.

Throughout the game Jarren had enough time to throw.
Muffed punt hurt us.
Enos got too cute. Florida played zone 85% of the time. We went away from the quick passing concepts. Tight formations with a heavy blitz defense ain’t good for a young QB and oline. This was the game to spread out the defense to help Jarren identify where the pressure is coming from. He spent a lot of time try to process that. Which led into delay of game penalties.

That touchdown pass to Jeff Thomas That he dropped was a hard catch but he needs to make that,We’re too young all over for our top players to not make those plays

Advertisement
Back