Rank 'Em

Duke
Cook
Sony
Scarlett
Collins
Yearby

LMAO @ Cook being ahead of Sony and Scarlett.

Boy, your evaluations suck.

Cook's ceiling is Lamar Miller-ish.

Cook's floor is Lamar Miller-ish.

Cook has no wiggle, all he can do is run in a straight line. That's great, except Sony Michel is faster than Dalvin Cook. AND Sony has wiggle and great vision.

Oh yeah, Sony is also more powerful than Cook.

But keep on thinking Cook is better than Sony Michel.

Advertisement
Duke
Cook
Sony
Scarlett
Collins
Yearby

Cook has no wiggle, all he can do is run in a straight line. That's great, except Sony Michel is faster than Dalvin Cook. AND Sony has wiggle and great vision.

IDK about Sony being faster than Cook on the football field. Sony might put up better track times, but Cook gets to and past the second level of the defense as fast as any player I've ever seen. It's scary.

As far as Cook "not having" wiggle and vision, I disagree with that. He also has more versatility than what Sony has shown, but in fairness to Michel, Heritage hasn't used him in as many roles as Central uses Cook in.

If you're looking at just last year alone, there's no question Cook is better than Sony. Until I see that same pre-injury Sony, I'll take Cook. I would be surprised if we don't see that Sony next season, but you're foolish if you think Sony is head and shoulders ahead of Cook.

Duke
Cook
Sony
Scarlett
Collins
Yearby

IDK about Sony being faster than Cook on the football field. Sony might put up better track times, but Cook gets to and past the second level of the defense as fast as any player I've ever seen. It's scary.

As far as Cook "not having" wiggle and vision, I disagree with that. He also has more versatility than what Sony has shown, but in fairness to Michel, Heritage hasn't used him in as many roles as Central uses Cook in.

If you're looking at just last year alone, there's no question Cook is better than Sony. Until I see that same pre-injury Sony, I'll take Cook. I would be surprised if we don't see that Sony next season, but you're foolish if you think Sony is head and shoulders ahead of Cook.

Cook is a **** of an athlete, but Sony is a freakishly special athlete.

Sony is bigger, faster, stronger, and has more stop-and-go wiggle than Cook. He's probably NFL ready right now.

People don't kid yourselves about cook, he's an elite athlete, and has the tools to become a pretty ******* good running back, I hope the staff stays on him

Sony is bigger, faster, stronger, and has more stop-and-go wiggle than Cook. He's probably NFL ready right now.

I think you're selling Cook wayyyy too short. He is just as freakish as Sony physically.

Advertisement

I think you're selling Cook wayyyy too short. He is just as freakish as Sony physically.

Is the staff still recruiting him or has that ship sailed

Based on what?

There's a video of Sony when he was in 9th grade or something doing bench presses of 225, at least 10 reps. God knows how strong he is today. Not to mention he was an elite track athlete before his injury. And you can see his "wiggle" on his highlights.

Cook really does remind me of Lamar Miller. Elite burst, but not too much change-of-direction. You need to open up a big hole for him. (Yearby can create his own hole). That said, Miller was a **** of a RB for us.

Is the staff still recruiting him or has that ship sailed

Just a guess - Sony ends up at UGA, and Cook flips to Miami before all is over.

Duke
Cook
Sony
Scarlett
Collins
Yearby

fu.ck no sony aint faster then cook

Advertisement
Really hard to project because different players go different ways plus hard to rank a soph vs. a freshman in college, but....

Its the offseason so lets have fun, also having seen all these cats play last year why not...

My ranking based on if I was a college coach who I would want (duke is obviously #1 because he is the only proven commodity on list)

Duke
Cook
Collins
Sony
Scarlett
Yearby

I dont know how some can sell Cook short, dude literally carried his loaded team some games even with the limited carries. Sony is definitely a weight room warrior and physical freak but when it came time to put up he didnt do it, I wont hold it against him because I know the injury he is coming off but I liked Cook better with regards o junior campaign. Sony should have a tougher schedule this year so it will be interesting to see how he plays against stiff comp. Also these ranking will be different because we all have different preferences in a back.

Duke
Cook
Sony
Scarlett
Collins
Yearby

fu.ck no sony aint faster then cook

Uhh **** yeah he is... if you can't see it on the field go look at their track times genius

Sony runs the 100m a full second faster than Cook, that means it's not even close

Really hard to project because different players go different ways plus hard to rank a soph vs. a freshman in college, but....

Its the offseason so lets have fun, also having seen all these cats play last year why not...

My ranking based on if I was a college coach who I would want (duke is obviously #1 because he is the only proven commodity on list)

Duke
Cook
Collins
Sony
Scarlett
Yearby

I dont know how some can sell Cook short, dude literally carried his loaded team some games even with the limited carries. Sony is definitely a weight room warrior and physical freak but when it came time to put up he didnt do it, I wont hold it against him because I know the injury he is coming off but I liked Cook better with regards o junior campaign. Sony should have a tougher schedule this year so it will be interesting to see how he plays against stiff comp. Also these ranking will be different because we all have different preferences in a back.

Yearby outplayed Cook against good comp. Reason being Cook needs big holes opened up for him but Yearby has the wiggle and strength to squeeze thru tighter spaces.

This list shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Duke
Cook
Collins
Sony
Scarlett
Yearby

Yearby outplayed Cook against good comp. Reason being Cook needs big holes opened up for him but Yearby has the wiggle and strength to squeeze thru tighter spaces.

Really?

Pull up the stats..

Advertisement

Duke
Cook
Collins
Sony
Scarlett
Yearby

Sooo reading this statement again and ignoring how ridiculous it is (they run behind the same oline, they arent opening larger holes for Cook than Yearby)

Lets take a look at the stats, I would say "against good comp" leaves alot of room for interpretation however Central played a tough schedule and they have a few games to pick, I choose 6 regular season against top comp that most would agree (Booker T., Manatee, Columbus, Homestead, Carol City and Northwestern) and their tough games in their playoff run.

Booker T.

Cook (also INT For TD)
Att. yds. Avg Td
12 147 12.3 1

Yearby (also played qb 2nd half, threw a TD)
att yds Avg. Td
15 73 4.9 2

Manatee

Cook
Att Yrd Avg. Td
8 95 11.9 0
rec.
1 50 50 1

Yearby
Att Yrd Avg TD
22 138 6.3 2

Columbus

Cook
Att Yds Avg. TD
9 157 17.4 2
Rec.
2 44 22.0 0

Yearby
Att Yds Avg Td
17 94 5.5 1

Homestead

Cook
Att Yds Avg. TD
11 110 10.0 2

Rec.
1 9 9 0

Yearby
Att Yds Avg. TD
14 107 7.6 1

Rec
1 3 3 0

Carol City

Cook

Att Yds Avg TD
12 172 14.3 3

Yearby
Att Yds Avg TD
24 170 7.1 2

Northwestern Round 1

Cook
Att Yds Avg. TD
13 72 5.5 0

Yearby (did throw a td)

Att Yds Avg TD
20 20 1.0 1

Playoffs

Northwestern Round 2

Cook (also block kick)
Att Yds Avg. TD
10 123 12.3 3

Yearby
Att Yds Avg. TD
17 87 5.1 1

Naples

Cook
Att Yds Avg TD
9 155 17.2 3
Rec.
1 78 78 1

Yearby

Att Yds Avg TD
17 98 5.8 2

Gainesville

Cook
Att Yds Avg TD
16 79 4.9 2

Rec.
2 47 23.5 0

Yearby
Att Yds Avg TD
23 125 5.4 2

After doing this, I want to make clear Im a fan of both guys and think both are reallllly good players but when you have people saying you dont know what you are talking about and they just spout stuff off you have to bring facts before you just say stuff. Either way, its all about preference but I didnt say anyones list was better over the other. Hopefully this can spark some healthy debate. Or we can break down stats by how big the holes were for each runner.......

Last edited:
Until any of these backs have the type of playoff run that Duke had two season ago, you are a fool to even compare any of them in the same breath. That was some transcending **** Duke did. Cook had a good post season last year, and Yearby the year before, but not on the level Duke did. he put that team on his back and ran wild on *******. Frank Gore esq.........

Advertisement
Until any of these backs have the type of playoff run that Duke had two season ago, you are a fool to even compare any of them in the same breath. That was some transcending **** Duke did. Cook had a good post season last year, and Yearby the year before, but not on the level Duke did. he put that team on his back and ran wild on ****es. Frank Gore esq.........

Not sure who this is directed at, but I didnt even mention duke with regards to the rest of these guys. I tried to space the stats out but the format seems like it wont allow. I agree about Duke run. BEAST

Duke
Cook
Collins
Sony
Scarlett
Yearby

Sooo reading this statement again and ignoring how ridiculous it is (they run behind the same oline, they arent opening larger holes for Cook than Yearby)

Lets take a look at the stats, I would say "against good comp" leaves alot of room for interpretation however Central played a tough schedule and they have a few games to pick, I choose 6 regular season against top comp that most would agree (Booker T., Manatee, Columbus, Homestead, Carol City and Northwestern) and their tough games in their playoff run.

Booker T.

Cook (also INT For TD)
Att. yds. Avg Td
12 147 12.3 1

Yearby (also played qb 2nd half, threw a TD)
att yds Avg. Td
15 73 4.9 2

Manatee

Cook
Att Yrd Avg. Td
8 95 11.9 0
rec.
1 50 50 1

Yearby
Att Yrd Avg TD
22 138 6.3 2

Columbus

Cook
Att Yds Avg. TD
9 157 17.4 2
Rec.
2 44 22.0 0

Yearby
Att Yds Avg Td
17 94 5.5 1

Homestead

Cook
Att Yds Avg. TD
11 110 10.0 2

Rec.
1 9 9 0

Yearby
Att Yds Avg. TD
14 107 7.6 1

Rec
1 3 3 0

Carol City

Cook

Att Yds Avg TD
12 172 14.3 3

Yearby
Att Yds Avg TD
24 170 7.1 2

Northwestern Round 1

Cook
Att Yds Avg. TD
13 72 5.5 0

Yearby (did throw a td)

Att Yds Avg TD
20 20 1.0 1

Playoffs

Northwestern Round 2

Cook (also block kick)
Att Yds Avg. TD
10 123 12.3 3

Yearby
Att Yds Avg. TD
17 87 5.1 1

Naples

Cook
Att Yds Avg TD
9 155 17.2 3
Rec.
1 78 78 1

Yearby

Att Yds Avg TD
17 98 5.8 2

Gainesville

Cook
Att Yds Avg TD
16 79 4.9 2

Rec.
2 47 23.5 0

Yearby
Att Yds Avg TD
23 125 5.4 2

After doing this, I want to make clear Im a fan of both guys and think both are reallllly good players but when you have people saying you dont know what you are talking about and they just spout stuff off you have to bring facts before you just say stuff. Either way, its all about preference but I didnt say anyones list was better over the other. Hopefully this can spark some healthy debate. Or we can break down stats by how big the holes were for each runner.......

You're not saying much of anything so just go ahead and listen while I school you...

Look at your own stats. The most important one is # of carries.... where Yearby gets twice as many as Cook.

Being a casual fan, you probably don't know why that stat matters, so I'll tell you. It means that his coach trusts him more than the other guy. Plain and simple. And who knows these two better than their HS coach? It means opposing defenses are gameplanning for Yearby, and Cook busts in every now and then as the #2 in the 1, 2, punch combo of Yearby and Cook.

Cook is the Robin to Yearby's Batman.

Another telling stat is who got the carries in the first half, and who got the carries in garbage time.

Cook is your typical speedy guy who isn't that shifty, but once a defense is beaten down and giving up gaping holes, his speed will beat you.

Now, I'm done discussing this.

Reason? Because Sony is faster than Cook, and Cook's speed is his best attribute. It's clear as ice that Sony is more talented than Cook, and if you don't see that, you're in denial.

If you're in denial, that's fine. I feel your pain man. Sony going to UGA ******* sucks, I know it. The meltdown is going to be epic, but that can't be helped.

Sony is a once in a generation type athlete to come out of South Florida. It is what it is - I don't really do denial.

But go ahead and tell yourself that Cook is on the same level as Sony... who you've been watching and waiting for since 8th ******* grade.

Last edited:
even the so called experts got different options on the cook yearby thing we wont know until we see them when the bullets flying for the next few years

Advertisement
Back