Randy Shannon new FSU Co-DC

Advertisement
If it were possible to have him as DC I would take him actually. Radio is a pretty good DC. Plus, he's learned a lot since he's been here. But the immense shame would be too much to ever have him back. Miami is not the place for first time coaches.

Randy has been a disaster as a DC recently. He was horrible at UCF. And he has zero juice in recruiting anymore.

No thanks

Spike Lee Radio GIF by Maudit

Advertisement
Don’t hate on Shannon, he is just coaching and coaches go where they are wanted and someone is willing to pay.
And frankly we would all do the same thing if we were coaching. This isn’t about what school you like or played for or anything other than trying to feed himself and his family.

He’s already rich. Not like he’s keeping the lights on by going to FSU.

Don’t hate on Shannon, he is just coaching and coaches go where they are wanted and someone is willing to pay.
And frankly we would all do the same thing if we were coaching. This isn’t about what school you like or played for or anything other than trying to feed himself and his family.
Nothing wrong with working for living. However, there are 130 teams in NCAA Division I-A football. But no, you choose to work for the archrival of your alma mater who you play every year trying to beat. Makes sense.

Nothing wrong with working for living. However, there are 130 teams in NCAA Division I-A football. But no, you choose to work for the archrival of your alma mater who you play every year trying to beat. Makes sense.
they go where money is. Coaches are mercenaries

Manny diaz, james coley, and ron dugans all graduated from FSU

Advertisement

Not a Shannon fan by any means, but dude, these guys don't take it as personal as fans do. Plus, it's business, and he's most valuable when in-state. Once your life and money get involved, no one is going to go coach at Indiana because FSU is Miami's rival. It goes both ways, if you don't want to coach against someone, you better hire them. And we're not hiring Randy in any capacity lol. So he's clean.

How many people here (or their kids) that grew up as Canes fans in Florida went to a different school than UM because it was cheaper? PLENTY of UF/FSU grads on this board who root for the U. Same thing to me. Money.

I wonder if they settled for Randy because no other decent DC was willing to come coach for a HC on the hot seat.
From what I'm hearing. Fsu is over the moon with Norvell and what he's got cooking in Tally. I don't think his seat is even warm at this point in the game. Right now, it's all Taggart's fault. I give Norvell 2 more years before the Noles hit the panic button again and send him packing. By that time, our program should be flush and rolling with fsu in our rear view mirror.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once Memphis Mike gets canned next season, will Onion get the vaunted “interim coach” title? If so he can be the first guy to ever be head coach at UM, UF and FSU.

Advertisement
Back