Randy Shannon new FSU Co-DC

Advertisement
Advertisement
55F51BBB-D588-49C7-8E78-047BD8D1D9DD.jpeg

Leave it to two of the dumbest programs in college football to hire two of our ex-HC’s who failed miserably and actually consider this a win for their defense. Randy was a good recruiter and defensive mind a loooong time ago, but not now. Also, can you picture Manny’s defense, which is notoriously bad against the run, now going to a conference that loves to pound the rock! Dreadful hire by Franklin...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
On a human level, I'm happy for him that he is still able to make a good living working in his chosen field.

Regarding the Noles and the Canes...?

As I've mentioned multiple times on CIS, I'm not a fan of his as a DC. Even when he "had a fast ball" years ago, the thing that drove me crazy was his lack of adjustments and when he would make them, it was so late that it often was too late, or at least put us in peril when it didn't have to be that way.

I don't know which Co-DC will be calling the plays next year, but if we get any of the 3 top OC's it's been rumored we're speaking to, any one of those dudes should shred a Shannon D. Especially one without all-world talent to make up for his lack of acumen.

He'll always be a Cane and I wish him well when it doesn't involve us, but I also feel confident that this only cements the start of another winning streak against the Noles.

Advertisement
Back